MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cell phone info didnt come out until today right?
Would it take this long for LE to pull records and have them available?
( from the time the baby was reported missing)
If the parents failed to mention having cell phone could LE have found the records anyway not knowing a specific provider?
If they did fail to mention having service could it be just today LE asked them about the lines then suddenly they say they were taken w the baby?
Im so zoned in on the phones and the timing of the parents public storm off at a search site. Or did they leave a presser upset? Im getting confused

jmo and thinking out loud

When I first heard mention of the missing cell phones I felt they were a critical key to solving this case. Hope I'm wrong.

This is very concerning. When my 88 year old dad went missing last June, we posted flyers all through the town, and the surrounding towns, while we and the police searched for him. Whenever I spoke with the detectives on the case, they told me that we and our posters had been there first.
My story did not end well-- the Essex County bloodhound found my dad's remains on Day 5 in a wooded area that we had searched multiple times-- but he was beyond a thicket that WE couldn't get past, deep in a suburban wooded area-- but only about 150 feet away from a main road and the local hospital.

My key learnings from that experience-- posters, flyers, canvassing, searching, eyes and boots on the ground are CRITICAL in the early days. All of Union knew about my missing father.

It saddens me that no one has done posters and flyers for this little girl.

So very sorry for your loss, CKS. :(

Ok, this is just silly...yes they did, no we didn't and we will be back tomorrow with another statement? Really? Who is sleeping tonight, with a child missing?

This is very concerning. When my 88 year old dad went missing last June, we posted flyers all through the town, and the surrounding towns, while we and the police searched for him. Whenever I spoke with the detectives on the case, they told me that we and our posters had been there first.
My story did not end well-- the Essex County bloodhound found my dad's remains on Day 5 in a wooded area that we had searched multiple times-- but he was beyond a thicket that WE couldn't get past, deep in a suburban wooded area-- but only about 150 feet away from a main road and the local hospital.

My key learnings from that experience-- posters, flyers, canvassing, searching, eyes and boots on the ground are CRITICAL in the early days. All of Union knew about my missing father.

I am so very sorry for your loss, CKSWQ!

I agree that posters and flyers are critical.

Oh, if LE is treating the parents like some on this board have treated them (right down to shorts vs pj's, ex'es, and leaving a light on for a late-arriving spouse) it would be no wonder they said "Enough!"

Again, I don't see LE being unprofessional. They have a job to do and they will do it. If the parents aren't working with them anymore then there is nothing that LE can do from that point. It seems as if they have left no stone unturned[literally] in their search area these last few days. You would have to know the area and know just how much vegetation/rough terrain there is there. I think LE's hands are tied.

I DON'T for one minute believe that any KCMO PD has given up on baby Lisa.

I would like a Mod/Admin to come in and tell us what we are allowed to say about these latest developments (parents no longer cooperating with LE, and lawyering up).

TIA!
(sorry to quote self!)

And also about anything we've observed or speculated regarding the family
from Day One.

TIA 2!

there has to be a reason WHY no one put up posters...it is the first thing that is done..why not in this case..what makes this case different than all the others..NO POSTERS-it just does not sit well with me..

CKSWarriorQueen, You are so right about the flyers and I am very sorry your dad's story did not have a good ending.

Ok, this is just silly...yes they did, no we didn't and we will be back tomorrow with another statement? Really? Who is sleeping tonight, with a child missing?

I missed where anyone said anything about sleep?

Maybe I need to get some of that.

"How do we know that the parents haven't taken a lie detector, taken truth serum or the polka? I just know from working in LE myself in the past that what is released to the media is not all there is."
Respectfully snipped from: norest4thewicked

Since this recent news about the phones being taken......Thus far, every news article I've read has stated something to the effect that when the dad came home from work and noticed Lisa missing, he contacted LE. Some of the news sites have updated the original stories or moved them to another page. If need be, I can hunt them up and post links if anyone wants to read them....I think everyone on WS has read the original articles.
Does anyone know when ?
Just curious if he had to go to a neighbors' house to do this. A neighbor would be able to cooberate this.
Also, is there a recording released if he made a 911 call ? Suppose it's too early for this.
Sometimes 911 calls can be revealing. (like background noises, etc. )
jmo.
I really need to add 'jmo' or whatever to my siggy.......:p

Prayers for this poor liitle baby !!!!!!!

Such a sad story CKS...so sorry for your family....

I missed where anyone said anything about sleep?

Maybe I need to get some of that.

Just saying that because they said they will have another statement tomorrow. What can they say tomorrow that they can't say now? And why delay anything at all?

I have not read all of the posts on this thread yet, but am catching up.

I think it is okay now to say what I have been thinking all along since LE has announced that the parents are no longer cooperating.

LE has always made it a point to state that the parents are cooperating. They have never stated that the parents were cleared, IIRC. We all know LE works from the family on out to clear people. They have not been able to totally clear the family at all. They only stated that they were cooperating.

Now if we de-personalize this situation and just look at what we know, there are plenty of red flags, IMO. We know that it has been stated that the window was not the point of entry. We know that the fiance came home from work and found the lights on in the home and the front door unlocked (that has to be a first for a kidnapper!). I read that the far right window had been tampered with. IMO, LE and the FBI could absolutely determine whether the window was the point of entry such as the dust on the outside window sill, etc..

Then comes the story that the fiance checked the boys and baby Lisa's room determining that she was gone. Why would he rush in and tell Debbie that baby Lisa was gone???? How would he know that she had not taken the baby to bed with her because the baby was sick???

Jeremy and Debbie rush around the house looking for baby Lisa. Why? I will never believe that a 10 month old could climb out of a crib.

The parents then find that 3 cell phones were missing. Okay, but LE and the FBI would be able to get an emergency warrant to get the cell phone records, IMO, in order to look at recent calls and to track the cell phones themselves. I do not understand the missing cell phones, the lights on, and the front door unlocked left that way by kidnappers.

Baby Lisa had a cough. Could she have overdosed on cough medicine accidently? Did they panic and dispose of baby Lisa? I agree that this mother is totally heartbroken and frightened. She has lost a beautiful, happy baby and baby Lisa was her only daughter. Even if an accident happened, she would still be heartbroken and the sobbing be real.

I'm sorry, but this whole story had me in doubt from the beginning and I knew I couldn't come right out and say it. Now that the parents are no longer cooperating with LE, I am even more afraid that something happened to baby Lisa right there in her own home. There is a story that does not make sense, and LE & FBI cannot seem to clear them. LE and the FBI probably started with the really tough questions the parents either could not answer or did not want to answer, IMO, and they stopped cooperating. Captain Young had to know what the general public would think when that announcement was made.

Please, God, let me be terribly wrong.

MOO, MOO, MOO.

Police: Baby Lisa's parents now refusing to cooperate with detectives
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15637354...ents-no-longer-cooperating-with-investigators
The parents had told reporters that three phones, including cell phones, were taken from their home by the kidnapper. They said this meant a delay in notifying authorities about the kidnapping.

But Young said those claims had turned up nothing.

"We have looked into it. Obviously, it hasn't produced really anything we can go forward with," Young said. "It has produced really nothing."

BBM..... is it possible the first time LE heard about the missing phones was when the parents told the media? and how can LE say those claims turned up nothing? Wouldn't the correct response be "we are trying our best to track those phones?"

Could this mean that the phones could have been an excuse provided to explain why there is a time lapse between the father arriving home and the call to the police? Could that be the line of questioning that LE directed toward parents that caused the rift? It just seems that there was a pointed effort by LE to shed some doubt on the cell phone theory.

Police said they were closing the command post as a result. They also began taking down the crime tape from outside the family's home about 8:30 p.m. Thursday.

sbm...

someone is taking their ball and going home.

this is just all s o s t r a n g e

((never seen anything like it))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members