MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also strange that during one of their interviews, maybe the one with JJ - Deborah was holding a flyer during the interview, but she never held it up.

Where are the ribbons on their shirts, some sort of pin with her name and face on it? I know it's not the price because there are always area printers who volunteer their services in the beginning. seriously already, what are they doing to help? Like the Ramsey's before them, their concern seems to be their own bums.

Reminds me of Baby Aliyah Lunsford. Heck, she hasn't even warranted a t-shirt yet, let alone a ribbon. 2 cases so close together where the girls disappeared under mommy's watch and both just poofed into thin air.

The family in the Lunsford case haven't helped either (though mom is about to deliver twins).

So tragic for both little girls.

MOO

Mel

I thought that having lights on was one of the crime fighter tips to deter intruders...

Not necessarily if they if they have mental issues.

Let me tell my story...Many years ago I had a guy try to break in on me.

I was young, I was single and was in the living room late one night watching TV with the lights on. I heard a noise at one of the windows. I assumed it was one of the neighbors numerous cats but kind of freaked me out so I tuned off the TV and when to the bedroom and turned those lights on. Next thing I knew I heard noises at one of the windows in that room. Went to kitchen and switched on the outdoor lights in time to see a guy head around the corner of the house.

Before you say just a peeping tom I will tell you LE found the screens cut to the windows in both rooms. Why did he try the windows of the rooms I was in and had lights on when there were other rooms that were dark? Because he was off mentally is all I can think of!!!

LE picked him up within a matter of minutes one street over. The guy was well know in our small town for doing creepy stuff since he was a teen and had just gotten out of jail after serving 12 yrs of a 20 yr sentenace for breaking in (and who knows what else) to another home. Luckily he was still on parole and he went back to jail just for being suspected in a crime and not following the terms of his parole.

Years later I heard that after he got out again he was killed while breaking in on another house. So while things that make sense to us sane people don't always account for the things that some disturbed people do.

Why would the husband find the lights being on unusual. This is his first time working overnight shift. How would he know his wife/gf didn't leave the lights on to feel secure or to help him as he came in the wee hours? But, he said he IMMEDIANTLY knew something was odd about the lights being on. I don't understand this. What I find odd is not the lights being on, but the door being unlocked and window left open and sick baby behind closed door.

Just because it was his first night on this particular job does not mean he's clueless about his partner's habits at night, or that he's never worked late or gone out late since they've lived together. Heck, I don't work nights but I know what my husband does with the lights and door when I'm not home and I'd think it was WEIRD if I arrived home to find everything out of whack especially if one of our children was sick.

I'd probably immediately think: what happened tonight that he'd be so zonked that he fell asleep with the house ablaze with light and door unlocked? Was baby sicker? Why didn't he call me? And yep I'd wake him up to ask.

It's also strange that during one of their interviews, maybe the one with JJ - Deborah was holding a flyer during the interview, but she never held it up.

Where are the ribbons on their shirts, some sort of pin with her name and face on it? I know it's not the price because there are always area printers who volunteer their services in the beginning. seriously already, what are they doing to help? Like the Ramsey's before them, their concern seems to be their own bums.

I guess they aren't experts in being victims of child abduction. I'd personally find it odd if they immediately snapped into expert media relations mode and smoothly placed a flyer and ribbons and shirts for the cameras' advantage.

Debbie said the son had a stray kitten he had found earlier that day in bed with them.

Not that it's relevant to where Lisa is, however I'm just curious what has happened to the kitten now. Just a cat lover hoping the kitten is being cared for!

:heartluv:

:banghead: that's not making any sense at all is it?

Where did this come from? He didn't say that...he said he called 911 and then went outside to look around and went to the neighbors, but they weren't home. Has this video with Judge Jeanine been put up yet?

I agree. Knowing he had the code to the garage makes me wonder if he had access to other entries in the home like the front door?

Hmmmm...which makes me think....I wonder if they checked all their keys? Did they have extras in the house or on the porch or other location? I know some people leave a key under a rug or hide one in their yard in case they get locked out of the house. Some people actually give their "trusted" neighbours an extra set for emergency purposes.

I've been out most of the weekend, so I may have missed this. Was it determined that you can get into house via the garage? TIA!

I went to a place in Estes Park, CO this summer that had elk and bison. I was too scared to try it!

They are both really good. A 'clear' taste unlike beef. [if that makes sense] Better than Angus.

However Couey was a repeat offender and Jessica a school-age girl, not an infant. What makes the cases different, in my opinion, is the motivation. For someone to take this baby, the most likely scenarios would be a woman who has faked a pregnancy (as someone suggested earlier), a woman who has recently lost her own baby, child trafficking, or custodial interference. As the baby is apparently JI's daughter, the last scenario appears unlikely, therefore leaving the first three options or a staged event after the child has accidentally died at home.

MOO

A woman who faked pregnancy is not going to want a baby that is almost a year old, considering it wouldn't be possible to pass that baby as a newborn.

I know it was the father's first time working a late night shift on this job, but do we know how often he worked these hours in the past. For a person who's not used to it, driving up to your house and walking up to the door at 4am might feel unusual in itself. Everything is so still and quiet at that hour, and there's an expectation that your home will be that way, too, with your family members asleep. Seeing bright lights inside might not be alarming, but it would give you pause. On top of that, you notice an open window with a pushed in screen and the front door unlocked. I'd be surprised if he did shrug that off, especially knowing his wife and three small children were inside. Waking his wife to find out what was going on, or if something had happened earlier seems perfectly reasonable to me. And the darn thing is, if we'd heard that he did nothing, we'd be criticizing him for that.

I read this just as I thought it. Could be the kidnapper had wanted to take the baby before, but it was too risky with JI at home....but it would have to be someone close to them....

That's kind of what makes the most sense outside of one of the parents being the guilty party.

Or someone who was unknown to them but was familiar with their family.
I keep thinking of that Joseph Duncan creep with his night vision goggles spying on the Groene children and their family. He waited for his opportunity...

Just because it was his first night on this particular job does not mean he's clueless about his partner's habits at night, or that he's never worked late or gone out late since they've lived together. Heck, I don't work nights but I know what my husband does with the lights and door when I'm not home and I'd think it was WEIRD if I arrived home to find everything out of whack especially if one of our children was sick.

I'd probably immediately think: what happened tonight that he'd be so zonked that he fell asleep with the house ablaze with light and door unlocked? Was baby sicker? Why didn't he call me? And yep I'd wake him up to ask.

Thank you!!!! I started to post something similar but I couldn't get my point across without being snarky. I think I need a break from this case....haha.

I know it was the father's first time working a late night shift on this job, but do we know how often he worked these hours in the past. For a person who's not used to it, driving up to your house and walking up to the door at 4am might feel unusual in itself. Everything is so still and quiet at that hour, and there's an expectation that your home will be that way, too, with your family members asleep. Seeing bright lights inside might not be alarming, but it would give you pause. On top of that, you notice an open window with a pushed in screen and the front door unlocked. I'd be surprised if he did shrug that off, especially knowing his wife and three small children were inside. Waking his wife to find out what was going on, or if something had happened earlier seems perfectly reasonable to me. And the darn thing is, if we'd heard that he did nothing, we'd be criticizing him for that.

In last nights interview he said it was his 1st time not home at night...

I've been out most of the weekend, so I may have missed this. Was it determined that you can get into house via the garage? TIA!
I remember that question being asked, but I don't ever remember hearing an answer (yet!).

I promise..this will be my last post and I will continue reading about the lights--thing-LOL
How did the husband see a pushed in screen in the dark-did he notice it outside the house before he went in
or inside

Thanks Shelby! I think that the original question that I was answering was where the kitten came from and did anyone know? I just said that I didn't think that a location hadn't been named. In simple terms...was it picked up in front of a grocery story, in a neighbors yard..etc. Sorry for the confusion.

It's probably nothing, but I think that would be interesting to know. Did mom or dad show up with the kitten and say it was a stray, did it just wander into their yard (not unusual), maybe a neighbor or someone else knocked on the door and said they were looking for a home for the stray?
I guess I find those questions interesting, because it is again...another first for this family leading up to the disappearance of baby Lisa.

..he says this was his first time EVER, he's usually home at 5 p.m. every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82