Nancy Grace on HLN Now 10/14/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than ever - now I really want that 911 call released.

What did dad say on that call? What was really going on?

***oh to be a fly on the wall****

Somethings not right for sure. :waitasec::waitasec: moo

I find it very odd that LE wouldn't offer Jeremy a LDT. Jeremy should be asking for one if they didn't offer.

Where did the parents move? It was said they no longer want to live at the house. Have the reasons been told?

I suggested on another thread a few days ago that Jeremy Irwin did some fancy dancing around the question about whether or not he had or would take a polygraph and was admonished for my comment. I'm still perplexed about why Mr. Irwin has not consented to a polygraph :waitasec:

Kat - I'll give ya the crossed wires about the burglary - its the IN PROGRESS that screams at me.

IN PROGRESS means that there is a high probability that the perp is still on scene. Very high caution is taken by LE when there is a IN PROGRESS situation.

And, there is usually a witness / reporter that tells dispatch that the perp may still be around - hence the "in progress" call.

That, along with not releasing the 911 call are key to what we don't know.

No argument from me, WOO. I always thought the "burglary in progress" thing was strange. How a kidnapping gets sent down the line as a "burglary IN PROGRESS" is a complete mystery to me. I could guess, but without hearing the 911 call, it's pointless to speculate.

Just found this -

Responding officers told of theft complaint involving baby Lisa's father

"The Police Department rejected KCTV5's request to obtain a transcript or copy of the 911 call that Irwin made. The department's legal counsel said the Missouri Sunshine Law allows 911 calls to be exempted from public disclosure.

However, the dispatch calls are public. The initial dispatcher tells officers to go to "reported residential burglary in progress 3620 North Lister."

The dispatcher then matter-of-factly tells the officers to contact Irwin.

"He noticed his screen was busted and his 10-month-old daughter is missing. He advised that he didn't witness anything and didn't know how long she's been going," the dispatcher says.

Another officer asks for more details. The dispatcher repeats the information.

"The address is 3620 North Lister and the call notes are that he noticed that his 10-month-old daughter is missing and he's not sure how long she's been gone. And the screen is busted and he didn't witness anything," the dispatcher says."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15699795/first-responding-officers-told-of-theft-complaint-involving-babys-father

Just found this -

"The Police Department rejected KCTV5's request to obtain a transcript or copy of the 911 call that Irwin made. The department's legal counsel said the Missouri Sunshine Law allows 911 calls to be exempted from public disclosure.

However, the dispatch calls are public. The initial dispatcher tells officers to go to "reported residential burglary in progress 3620 North Lister."

"He noticed his screen was busted and his 10-month-old daughter is missing. He advised that he didn't witness anything and didn't know how long she's been going," the dispatcher says.

"The address is 3620 North Lister and the call notes are that he noticed that his 10-month-old daughter is missing and he's not sure how long she's been gone. And the screen is busted and he didn't witness anything," the dispatcher says."

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15699795/first-responding-officers-told-of-theft-complaint-involving-babys-father
ty ty ty - and SEE!!!

First, I'm really surprised that LE's attny won't release that call. There is something on there - I'm tellin' ya'll right now.

Then - burglary in progress - but the rest of that doesn't say anything about dad saying words to the effect that the perp(s) were still there - in progress.

Just so bizarre.................

Just found this -

So it's a residential burglary IN PROGRESS because a screen is busted? But it's not a kidnapping? :waitasec:

Keep in mind that if the officer said the word "kidnapping," TV stations would have been rolling down the street within minutes.

JI has never stated, to my knowledge, calling 911 prior to finding Lisa missing. However I cannot understand how a dispatcher could mistake a report of a child, possibly abducted, as a burglary in progress unless more focus was made on the missing cell phones. Or, just a thought, could another call have come in earlier from someone seeing a person trying to get in through the window, turning the lights on, etc.?

Listen to the dispatch tape hear says "Report of a residential burglary in progress, 3620 N. Lister, contact Jeremy, code 1

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29471219/detail.html#ixzz1af7BjCVH

Dad had to have said something about "someone may still be in the house" or "I don't know is someone is still in the house" or words to that effect for the dispatcher to code it as an "in progress" call.

The rest of that article doesn't say anything about that. It just repeats what the dispatcher says and that dad didn't "witness" anything. So, if dad didn't witness anything how could it still be in progress?

I'm going back to my ole sayin'

It ain't fittin', it ain't fittin' , it just ain't fittin'

it ain't fittin'.

I posted this over on the police dispatch tape thread, maybe we should discuss it there?

Can somebody get a screencap of the quarry search. I really want to see something. No cable here. PLEASE! I need to verify something.

That is a good point!

Personal experience. Family member returned home at night, found part of her house had been ransacked, and was afraid to go into other (dark) rooms for fear the perp may still be inside. 911 operator redirected call to the non-emergency line.

(Apologies for O/T; stated only to use as an example of why "in progress" could have been used).

I don't think it's that strange that they said burglary in progress. I think the fact that the residence was broken into makes it burglary. The 911 operator might have asked JI if the person is still there and he said "I don't know."

I don't think it's that strange that they said burglary in progress. I think the fact that the residence was broken into makes it burglary. The 911 operator might have asked JI if the person is still there and he said "I don't know."

Except the story from the parents now is that Jeremy saw the lights on, walked through an unlocked door, shut the computer room window, woke up mom, they noticed Lisa was gone, they noticed all cell phones were gone, and then they called 911. Nothing in the story that we've heard so far from the parents indicates that a call was made before Jeremy had gone through the house (seeing no one there but his family minus Lisa). It's odd.

Note: Maybe he was trying to call home earlier, got worried, came home ahead of time and saw lights on when they never had been before at that time; possibly called a potential burglary in process from the car? Then went inside and discovered not a burglarly but an abduction?

in the NY capital district area. His father was a respected DA and Federal Judge and his sister is a local Family Court Judge. Greg also ran for DA in Renssalaer County and lost in 2007. I'd be surprised if it was him as I'm not aware of him taking cases outside the area.

He appears to be out of New York.
http://www.cholakislaw.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members