Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

I think sometimes it has to do with whether they are all being raised in the same house too. And how the other bio parent feels about it.

I'll work from the premise that some day the boys will be old enough to read here and not label htem as a step.

Maybe it is an age thing, to older people who grew up in a certain social climate then step is a term that is customary. In this day and age that type of labeling isn't neccesary.

Just to be clear, I did not think the boys should be referred to as step anything. Just wanted to clarify. :) They may very well think of themselves as brothers in every sense of the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These boys aren't brothers or step-brothers. They can refer to themselves in any manner in which they choose. I am certain the parents refer to them as "brothers." The GLUE is missing in this family, baby Lisa. In the long run, I doubt these parents will stay together, if Lisa is not brought home, unless DB gets pregnant again. The real "parents" of these kids are now involved. Nothing will ever be the same. It would be up to DB and JI to have these boys continue a relationship IF they weren't together, I don't see either one of them being very good at it. I feel bad for the boys. :twocents:

This "ruthless" term. Does anyone have a link to the media report where it came from? TIA.

I do think there's a difference between the local media and the national media and even the international media in this case. I think the local media for the most part has tried really, really hard. Those are the very people that Tacopina and DB and JI don't want to talk to. They also don't pay for information.

The Daily Mail in London used "nasty" in a headline. Said John Picerno said KCPD was "nasty." I've watched that news conference from Friday twice and I don't recall the word "nasty" being said by Picerno. Heavy handed, accusatory yes, "nasty," no. If i missed the word "nasty" being used by Picerno in the news conference I would be grateful if someone could point that out to me so I'm not castigating the Daily Mail for irresponsible "reporting."

This is what I found; don't know if it helps but hope so! With thanks to lauriej!

"Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids
Before we throw that "ruthless" comment around too much more, let's all remember that that was Peter Alexander that used that particular word, and therefore, we have no way of knowing if it was a direct quote from the ex's family, or if it was a paraphrase by a reporter.
JMO.
--BBM

--the reporter says the "ruthless" was a quote from her family.

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-brad...,1316565.story

Missing Baby's Extended Family Discusses Parents' Past
--@ 1:33

Reporter Dave Dunn—"This is the southeast Kansas city home of Jeremy Irwin’s ex, Rasleen Raim, the mother of his 8 year old son B*. Her family says she now lives in Marshall Missouri. They say the 2 were never married but Jeremy was, quote “ruthless” about 4 years ago, splitting from Rasleen and taking custody of their son.

This family, like the family of Deborah’s ex is concerned about the welfare of the older boys in the home where 10 month old lisa disappeared. They also pray for a happy ending to what they call a bizarre case".

Has anyone seen a pic of baby lisa being held by mommy all i have seen she is alone in a seat or standing at the door. Usually they give out a pic of the child with Mommy.

Because Mommy is usually the one behind the camera. We don't have many pictures with me in them, because I'm always the one taking them. I think that's true for most moms I know.

MOO.

I'm sorry. I really didn't realize the stigma. :) I really just thought it was a term. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't have to be sorry. It's not a stigma. There is nothing unloving about being a step-anything. It's not even insensitive in my opinion. It just is what it is without blurring any facts. . . and the facts have already been blurred enough to confuse everyone in this case.

We don't know that this woman was apathetic, we know nothing about her.

It appears some are quick to find fault with Jeremy's son's mom--a woman who hasn't been in the case at all. Yet the mother of missing Lisa, an admitted heavy drinker, is hailed as a seemed mother of the year. :waitasec: moo

Children are a blessing/sacred and should just be referred to with love. In this world it is hard enough to be a kid without stigma/labels.

IMHO
bbm
Sometimes things go too far.
Step child is not name calling. It is perfectly correct and still used in today's English language.

That's like me saying I don't think a child should be called a kid. moo

They've been denied? I was under the impression they just hadn't bothered.

ETA In fact I believe I read that Sean Bradley felt 'uncomfortable' around his son.
Which leads me to wonder if he is the biological father of DB's son. I know it doesn't really matter in the whole scheme of things but it would make me understand it better. I've also thought was it because he felt DB maybe tricked him into staying with her by getting pregnant.

There had to be a very good reason for her to not get custody, of some sort. IF she were to regain custody, hopefully nothing will happen to the boy. A mother proven to not get custody over a son in court against a father who was granted full custody in court. hhhhmmmm

Should he be tried on specultion rather than fact? Do courts work that way?
I disagree. I've seen and heard of it in our county and the one adjoining it happening quite a few times where custody is given to the father. In one case that I went to for support of the mom, the dad had drug charges in his past, he was living with another woman, and he was an over the road truck driver sometimes not making it back home for a couple of weeks at a time. The only thing they had against the mother was this was her third marriage. No other children. The father was granted full custody of his 7 year old daughter only to leave the courthouse and the next day when he picked his daughter up from the mom he left over the road, leaving his daughter behind with his girlfriend. I'd watched this Judge in action and my own attorney had warned me that if he was given to us that we would ask for a new Judge to oversee my divorce. (Thank goodness that didn't happen) What the attorneys and most everyone working in the courthouse that I knew was all of the same opinion he was a woman hater. So it could be something as simple as this why JI got custody. Or perhaps it was that he could better provide for the child at the time, maybe he had more family support, or even just been able to afford an attorney and the mom couldn't. We just don't know.

Hmmmmmm didn't care enough to even show up maybe? That seems like a VERY important court date to keep.
If perhaps she couldn't have afforded an attorney (just saying if) then she may have already felt defeated before the court hearing.

Let's hope bio-mom doesn't now want custody or even partial custody just so she can brainwash the kid into giving false information about Baby Lisa's disappearance. I could the possibilty of this if she thinks the only way to get full custody is to have the boy say something incriminating, whether true or not.
As opposed to the son being brainwashed by DB and JI to save their own behinds?

They are being raised together. Based on the birthday photos, photos with Lisa, video of them returning from school together......they seem pretty darn close.
Close or not they are not legally brothers. They may consider themselves as such but legally they are not, just as DB living in JI's home doesn't make her his wife.

It appears some are quick to find fault with Jeremy's son's mom--a woman who hasn't been in the case at all. Yet the mother of missing Lisa, an admitted heavy drinker, is hailed as a seemed mother of the year. :waitasec: moo
AMEN!

MOO

Wow, that just proves JI was "ruthless" about getting custody doesn't it?

Yes, and that she is not apathetic in the least. There is always legal aid.

It could be DB's son. I was talking to someone who's a CPS worker and asked why the boys weren't removed from the home and she said they may of given JI temporary custody. She said a stipulation was probably for DB not be left alone with them. Just a thought.

Anyone know why she lost custody?

These poor kids!

Do we know if she "lost" custody?

There are occasions where the custody isn't decided by a court of law. I've known women who have turned over custody to the father for a variety of reasons: financial, health issues or travel requirements for jobs of family demands.

Case in point is Kyron's mom who was ill and could not provide a home while she recovering.

Just My O

OT!! I didn't know where to put this.....Jeff Ashton will be on Dr. Phil show this Wednesday.
He will be talking about the KC Anthony case and trial, also the results of her psychological
report.

Mods please remove if this is not allowed.

I didn't know Legal Aid in MO took on divorces, custody issues?

I guess I don't know that they do either but thought that's what legal aid is for. At any rate I can't imagine a judge basing custody on who has an attorney. She had a court date. She didn't show up. I know I would have but she could have been suffering a great deal of depression. That may even been why she appears apathetic to some of us now that I think about it. But it doesn't explain why she hasn't bothered to see him since she moved out.

It appears some are quick to find fault with Jeremy's son's mom--a woman who hasn't been in the case at all. Yet the mother of missing Lisa, an admitted heavy drinker,[DB] is hailed as a seemed mother of the year. :waitasec: moo

She may be new news to some but bio-mom has already been thoroughly discussed by many here in Lisa's forum and she already has her own thread.. It's quite obvious that this bio-mom for whatever reasons(theyre all excuses anyway and those excuses do me no good.. The only one she's gotta answer to for her lack of seeing her son.. Is just her son)has chosen to not go forward with any visitation.. None zero zilch, ever.. She has had rights for visitation this entire time of over 2 years.. She has not seen him even once and the son has lived in the same home from which bio-mom moved out from on Lister.. Jeremy could not, even if he wanted to, in anyway prohibit, stand in the way, cause problems with RR exercising her right to visitation with her son.. The mother is the only one to blame for their being zero contact...

^above^ BBM.. Would love to see where it is you saw these statements(maybe where those other statements are of those "DB supporters"..lol.. Nonexistent..:D)

I guess I don't know that they do either but thought that's what legal aid is for. At any rate I can't imagine a judge basing custody on who has an attorney. She had a court date. She didn't show up. I know I would have but she could have been suffering a great deal of depression. That may even been why she appears apathetic to some of us now that I think about it.
Where I live, they do not have legal aide for custody issues. As I stated before, we do not know why she didn't "show" up. Maybe she didn't know about the court date, maybe her car broke down, maybe she was scared, maybe she is just not a good mother. We shouldn't assume anything about this mother, nor think she "lost" custody. None of us have any clue what the situation was like, for her, the child, or with JI.

Are we allowed to sleuth this mother here? I didn't think so...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back