WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangest thing. I have a channel on that I never watch (oldest came home early from school), and the Steve Wilko (spelling..not sure) show is on. Preview for tomorrow is about addictions. One part is about drugs and the other part is about cleaning.

Anyway, the short preview showed the OCD cleaning lady who refused to use the restroom in her home. She went outside to use the facilities.

Interesting...well, to me. I'm not sure if this particular show airs everywhere or what, but I'm going to watch tomorrow just to see.

Strangest thing. I have a channel on that I never watch (oldest came home early from school), and the Steve Wilko (spelling..not sure) show is on. Preview for tomorrow is about addictions. One part is about drugs and the other part is about cleaning.

Anyway, the short preview showed the OCD cleaning lady who refused to use the restroom in her home. She went outside to use the facilities.

Interesting...well, to me. I'm not sure if this particular show airs everywhere or what, but I'm going to watch tomorrow just to see.

YA - Steve Wilkos he was a bouncer on the Jerry Springer show in his former TV life...

There is a show on A&E called "Obsessed" that chronicles the symptoms and treatment of various people with OCD. It is so painful to watch that I was only able to watch an episode or two. You should check it out. It's fascinating.

I beg to differ. If you read what I linked last thread, unless she has put her name in the directory, the hospital cannot even confirm that she is a patient, let alone any treatment. Especially true in WA state, where there is no exception to HIPPA for LE, like there is in most states. Of course, with a warrant that would all change, but it's mighty hard to get a warrant if you don't know which hospital your subject is in, and the hospital won't tell you unless you get a warrant.

MI is much the same way, and if you call here and inquire about someone, the hospital will tell you limited information if that person has chosen to put themselves on the hospital directory. If they have not, the hospital will tell you that they have no one by that name. They even ask if you would like to be on the directory when you go through ER triage, so that if for any reason you are admitted it is on record whether you would like to be contacted or not by anyone outside the hospital.

ETA: MI does have an exclusion for LE, meaning that the hospital will tell LE if you are a patient, even if you opted out of the directory. WA will not, unless said LE has a warrant.

Thank you. I can't imagine a scenario in Sky's disappearance where LE wouldn't secure any potential information which may be presented as evidence in trial with a warrant. Based on the information you linked, since there is no proof of Sky's safety I'm sure they'd have no problem obtaining one.

jmo

There is a show on A&E called "Obsessed" that chronicles the symptoms and treatment of various people with OCD. It is so painful to watch that I was only able to watch an episode or two. You should check it out. It's fascinating.

Thank you. I've seen an episode or 2 of Hoarders, and wow...totally painful. I'm guessing same underlying issues but 2 different ways of expressing them. IMHO.

:sigh: I've been thinking about lil sky all day. & poor m* too, she must be in agony without her parents and her baby brother gone.

I am hoping with all of my heart that JB is just hiding him and being spiteful. that's the best possible possibility IMO.

Following this case closely but until now I haven't posted. I just don't wanna get sucked in by another case, another hurt child.. it kills me! All who know me know my stance on the mental illness issue but in this case, with this mother I'm thinking manic and vindictive (you know that's rare coming outta my mouth!). I just hope she sent Sky off to family someplace so daddy couldn't have him and he will be found safe and sound.

I am so sick of this! Children are not toys, they are not disposable and they are not weapons for us to use in our battles... I don't care what your DX is!

I feel the same way OLG ..after the KC trial I couldnt stand the pain of what had happened to the precious girl. I then watched as little Breeann and am so glad they found her and put the perp in jail.

I have no clue what switches off the the human brain to make folks this malice..I have read alot about it yet it does not compute. Wheither they are sick or not they deserve to pay for their crimes.

Some say they are sick some say evil..and I dont think one is exclusive of the other cause there are lots of mentally ill folks that never make these decisions.

I am still wishful that Julia will come forward with what happened to Sky..

It seems obvious to me that JB purposely "forgot" her phone because she knew her whereabouts could be tracked while she disposed of the child. OCD people aren't usually "forgetful", they are usually super vigilant and check everything numerous times before leaving home.

Has there ever been a documented case where a missing child has been hidden somewhere by a parent (not by a mystery kidnapper) and later found safe?

If someone else suddenly acquired a two year old, especially one as distinctive looking as Sky, you'd think their friends and neighbors would be suspicious.

And does she really care enough to place him somewhere safe, yet not enough to check how he's doing? (Police must be keeping an eye on her, her phone usage etc, surely?)

It seems obvious to me that JB purposely "forgot" her phone because she knew her whereabouts could be tracked while she disposed of the child. OCD people aren't usually "forgetful", they are usually super vigilant and check everything numerous times before leaving home.

I agree..I think she has done many things intentionally..where she left the car..no phone ..didnt go to closer business or church and call 911 since her small son was so sick..didnt ask anyone for help...not near the gas station so she could be gone awhile.

Yep I think about everything she did was intentional. IMO

Has there ever been a documented case where a missing child has been hidden somewhere by a parent (not by a mystery kidnapper) and later found safe?

If someone else suddenly acquired a two year old, especially one as distinctive looking as Sky, you'd think their friends and neighbors would be suspicious.

And does she really care enough to place him somewhere safe, yet not enough to check how he's doing? (Police must be keeping an eye on her, her phone usage etc, surely?)

shannon dedrick. found alive in a box under the babysitter's bed. terrifying woman - had in her past a stepson I think go missing but she was only recently charged if I recall correctly. in shannon's case the mom gave her to the babysitter for some reason I never fathomed then called and reported her missing.

Elizabeth Morgan had her parents take her child (Hilary Foretich) to new Zealand because she claimed that the father was sexually abusing the girl. Dr. Morgan spent 2 years in jail for contempt, refusing to tell where the girl was. Congress actually passed a law specifically to get her out of jail.

It is rare, of course. Most high SES people would not give up their livelihood even to protect their child, but this woman did it. Then again, she TRIED the courts, and tried to do things the right way. I don't have the same sympathy for Julie - I get the sense that what she is doing is either vindictive, evil or stone-cold crazy.

I'm going to guess since she had no qualms about leaving a 2 and 4 year old unattended, recently and repeatedly, including during an 11 hour mediation last week, that Julia isn't a big worrier about the general health and welfare of her children. (Unless she needs to look like she is, then out comes the camera and the fruit and the Casey Anthony smile.) :innocent:

IF--and this is a big if--Sky is alive and she 'secreted' him away, it wasn't out of deep concern for protecting his health and well being. It was out of some sort of revenge or spite.

Moo, of course... :crazy:

Shannon Matthews, kidnapping was a hoax, I think for financial gain.

Kidnapping of Shannon Matthews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree..I think she has done many things intentionally..where she left the car..no phone ..didnt go to closer business or church and call 911 since her small son was so sick..didnt ask anyone for help...not near the gas station so she could be gone awhile.

Including the email sent to her friend the morning Sky 'disappeared' setting up his illness...I totally agree everything that occurred that day was staged.

Hope always springs eternal, but most of the time these things don't actually happen.

Logically, if she hid him with someone else she would have to pay for his food, diapers, etc. Who is going to take care of him for free? But where would she get the money, and what is the point of it all?

She might have done it as revenge on the father, for problems real or imagined, but if so, her plot of the flat tire was so nonsensical that I don't believe she would also plan to keep the boy carefully hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs or something.

It doesn't sound like these children were well-cared for in the first place, so why would he be after he goes missing?

Have any of our verified experts weighed in on the difference of OCD and OCPD? (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)

I keep reading that she knew what she was doing was unhealthy, but then maybe she didn't. I don't have the qualifications to decide, but I do know that with OCD you have some awareness about the flaw in your thought process, they are considered unwanted thoughts. With OCPD you actually believe you are right and grounded in the compulsions you have.

My daughter-in-law rejected every medical diagnosis when she was in the depth of her madness, and also refused all medication, even after she was hospitalized.

At one point, she told us she was just "more connected to God" than others and felt herself to be more special in an entitled way. I think it's fairly common, especially for bipolars.

I agree..I think she has done many things intentionally..where she left the car..no phone ..didnt go to closer business or
church and call 911 since her small son was so sick..didnt ask anyone for help...not near the gas station so she could be gone awhile.

I will try to count the steps to the Bellwood Presbyterian church from where where JB claimed to have abandoned Sky. It is at he most a half block.

I was happy to see~N/T~ and yourself. I am hoping to see sorekeeper,time and Palieden ...your all awesome longtime sleuthers and fun to boot. :great:

I always make time to check in everyday hoping this beautiful child is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz