ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated early on by several people here in health care professions that 7 days is a standard amount of time that some health care providers will cover. She didn't have funds for more. Usually the only people who go to rehab for a month are celebrities or kids with trust funds.

And I'm not going to second guess doctors, case workers, and attorneys who gathered to do what was right for this child. I think they didn't want Ayla separated from her mother who had raised her since birth any longer than she had to be. :cow:

JD may not have agreed with them, but he still should have complied with the order to show up with Ayla. :twocents:

And I wish he could tell us where she is now. :maddening:

I do know from working with CASA that if a parent here in TX is ordered to rehab then the state bears the cost of it (if the parent is without funds). All sorts of programs, including ones that allow parents to bring their children, are available. I'll definitely have to look into Maine's way of doing that.

Also, anyone care to speculate as to why LE or anyone else at the team meeting did not get involved when JD violated the order?

*well, if there was never any court then I guess it wouldn't be an actual enforceable order--maybe I answered my own question :/

It was stated early on by several people here in health care professions that 7 days is a standard amount of time that some health care providers will cover.

If the timeline is true, the team meeting was 7 days from the date Trista entered rehab. Then there was supposed to be a visitation the following day. I'm guessing the "7 day evaluation" the author is talking about refers to an evaluation 7 days after completion of the program? Otherwise, the account makes no sense.

I do know from working with CASA that if a parent here in TX is ordered to rehab then the state bears the cost of it (if the parent is without funds). All sorts of programs, including ones that allow parents to bring their children, are available. I'll definitely have to look into Maine's way of doing that.

Also, anyone care to speculate as to why LE or anyone else at the team meeting did not get involved when JD violated the order?

*well, if there was never any court then I guess it wouldn't be an actual enforceable order--maybe I answered my own question :/

Great questions, HiHater! I agree with you ......why even have the meeting with so many professionals, etc., if it can't/won't be enforced? It certainly didn't appear to be just a brainstorming session of suggestions to me!

JMO-The content of this new document makes little sense to me. It's interesting reading, but it's no less biased and the facts no more documented than what we saw on the "Light of Maine" site. Personally, I'm not giving either account much consideration until I see some facts. :twocents:

I agree. I'm not taking either this new account of the custody arrangement or anything on Harry's site as gospel. I guess I am more interested in Harry's site simply because I think the events of that Friday night and Saturday morning are the most pertinent to the disappearance. If it's true that Harry's info is coming from JD and family via phone interviews and she is accurately relaying that info, I find it interesting for what the site says and doesn't say and of course for the revisions. I don't understand making the site password protected. Maybe more revisions are underway. All MOO

If the timeline is true, the team meeting was 7 days from the date Trista entered rehab. Then there was supposed to be a visitation the following day. I'm guessing the "7 day evaluation" the author is talking about refers to an evaluation 7 days after completion of the program? Otherwise, the account makes no sense.

Hmmm...

Her 7 day evaluation would have been over on the 20th, JD agreed to give Ayla back after the evaluation---but there is a VISIT scheduled for the 21st? Why would that just be a visit, and not returning Ayla back to Trista?

This trip to rehab did not seem "planned", nor does it seem like JD and TR came to an agreement prior to TR entering rehab. From reading the doc, it seems like the only agreement was reached at the family team meeting.

I wonder why neither TR or the DiPietros have discussed this. It may be irrelevant to the investigation, but inquiring minds like mine...

Great questions, HiHater! I agree with you ......why even have the meeting with so many professionals, etc., if it can't/won't be enforced? It certainly didn't appear to be just a brainstorming session of suggestions to me!

I don't know about Maine, but in my state a missed visitation would not have been an emergency that anyone acted on immediately. You have to get an attorney, file motions, get a court date, and all the red tape. It takes time. Unless the child is bleeding and in need of hospital care, then the wheels can turn very slow. Sad but true.

Yep...just quoted my own post. :blushing: I did a little quick checking and found some information about various rehab programs. Some reference a detox followed by 7 days of evaluation by psychiatrists, counselors, etc.

BBM

I have done some research of my own using Google. While I await some guidance from a moderator either in the form of a post on this thread or a PM to me, I shall speculate that if there were to be the intervention of a supervisor or manager from the State of Maine Office of Child and Family Services, that could or would be the reason for the lack of enforcement

If a moderator on this thread says it's okay to proceed with what HiHater posted earlier about his/her research, I shall provide clarification in another post.

Just my :twocents:
I've heard people say before they are going for their Masters Degree and they haven't even gotten their Bachelor's yet.
This girlfriend of JD was living with her sister, we've heard, and the sister we know to MSM has been busted for drugs. Not just piddly weed but much more. I don't care if it's her sister or who, if she didn't agree and wasn't most likely benefiting from it one way or another why stay there? I love my family but you can bet your bippy if I think they're doing anything illegal I'm not going to be living with them and risk being busted myself. That is unless I'm enjoying the free stuff. Lots of college kids use drugs. Not saying she did but betting on it.

As for TR lie detector results, I'd love to know the medical condition she needs resolved. However just like JD chooses not to disclose very important facts that could get more info, interest and help in finding his beautiful daughter, she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. I'm actually less interested in her medical dx than I am of JD, PD, CR, ED and more truth.

Someone said upthread that they couldn't see rational and reasonable adults covering up an accident. No one said that these were the type of people we have here. The less JD and family speak about Ayla and what really happened, without a mouthpiece doing it for them, the more I'm looking at him, his girlfriend, family and friends. Once again it's as if the parent doesn't care and it's frustrating to me that some of these kids seem like throw away kids, at least to their parents.

MOO

I don't know about Maine, but in my state a missed visitation would not have been an emergency that anyone acted on immediately. You have to get an attorney, file motions, get a court date, and all the red tape. It takes time. Unless the child is bleeding and in need of hospital care, then the wheels can turn very slow. Sad but true.

BBM

I had posted in one of the earlier AR threads about my personal experiences with a friend who had substantial dealings over a number of years with the State of Maine Office of Child and Protective Services in regard to child support.

It was amazing to me how quickly the State of Maine paid the child support arrearage (sp?) after having received a lump sum payment from the delinquent parent; when I say "quickly," I literally mean the State of Maine issued a check within three days of having received that lump sum payment in the form of certified funds.

I believe that Courtney Roberts is on babycenter dot com posting under colero06.

Some very interesting info.

I hope I was allowed to at least give that much info.

Thank you! Reading and now my whole thought process is kaput about her anyway!

Could this explain how JD got Ayla away from her maternal family? If Ayla was illegally removed from her grandma and aunt's care, handed over to JD. without justification, just per the "telephone authorization" by a DHS supervisor, who happened to be good friends with PD....... isn't this sorta like kidnapping? False pretenses? Abusal by a authority in DHS for personal reasons? Not following the necessary established steps for taking a child out of a home where she was loved, and given to "this man she was supposed to call Daddy"?
How could this happen? Quick and dirty, rotten, stinking, and so wrong on so many levels. Ayla, who must have been terrified to be abruptly taken in that manner, is now "missing" and unaccounted for. Ayla was not taken from her father's house by an intruder. What happened to that beautiful little girl, who most likely is really "gone" now.
This makes me angry and sickened, and explains all the changing stories about what happened to Ayla. How long has she not been in that house with those people, who had the audacity to trash TR.

MOO

Could this explain how JD got Ayla away from her maternal family? If Ayla was illegally removed from her grandma and aunt's care, handed over to JD. without justification, just per the "telephone authorization" by a DHS supervisor, who happened to be good friends with PD....... isn't this sorta like kidnapping? False pretenses? Abusal by a authority in DHS for personal reasons? Not following the necessary established steps for taking a child out of a home where she was loved, and given to "this man she was supposed to call Daddy"?
How could this happen? Quick and dirty, rotten, stinking, and so wrong on so many levels. Ayla, who must have been terrified to be abruptly taken in that manner, is now "missing" and unaccounted for. Ayla was not taken from her father's house by an intruder. What happened to that beautiful little girl, who most likely is really "gone" now.
This makes me angry and sickened, and explains all the changing stories about what happened to Ayla. How long has she not been in that house with those people, who had the audacity to trash TR.

MOO

While I agree with you in part, I cannot overlook the fact that TR's own actions made it possible for JD and his family to even have a chance to take Ayla...JMO JMO

MOO

BBM 1 - It's quite possible in my opinion.

BBM 2 - I asked this same question in an earlier AR thread, and I've seen more than a few other posters on the AR threads asking the same question. Unless I've missed something (and I couldn't seem to access WS on Friday the 20th), I haven't seen the answer to this question. I have also asked who is the last person to see Ayla apart from those who lived in the house; I haven't seen the answer to that question which has been asked by others as well.

I share your sense of outrage, but you have expressed it much better than I ever could have. Thank you for sharing.

While I agree with you in part, I cannot overlook the fact that TR's own actions made it possible for JD and his family to even have a chance to take Ayla...JMO JMO

BBM

I agree with you even though it pains me to say so.

MOO

BBM. The father has parental rights just as the mother. The mother's family have no legal right to make decisions pertaining to the child's custody.

It isn't known where the child is or how she left her father's house. If the father is innocent, I don't find it surprising that he may feel the child's mother/mother's family is responsible. Until LE publicly says otherwise, imo that remains a real possibility.

JMO

Clearly it was never about Ayla...or it would not have to be locked up-wouldn't the more eyes, the better, be welcome?

I agree ... it was NEVER about Ayla ...

I just checked the site again and this is interesting -- the "Donate Section" is NOT locked -up ... a couple of the other sections you need password ...

JMO ... but it's all about "them" and the $$$$$ ... Very Hinky Website ...

MOO ...

BBM. The father has parental rights just as the mother. The mother's family have no legal right to make decisions pertaining to the child's custody.

It isn't known where the child is or how she left her father's house. If the father is innocent, I don't find it surprising that he may feel the child's mother/mother's family is responsible. Until LE publicly says otherwise, imo that remains a real possibility.

JMO

But I don't get it. Here is a mother who is trying to get away from alcohol and dry out for the sake of her children. She had just gone to file for legal rights and responsibilities when Ayla suddenly goes missing. Why go to the trouble of filing if she had anything to do with it?

In fact, I think it works in her favor that she was busy doing that instead of plotting to steal away her child. I think that is why LE have said she isn't a suspect. She was going the legal route, which is the right thing to do. Why would she then risk messing everything up by kidnapping her child? What was her end game going to be? Just to get the Dad in trouble? Then what? Produce the child magically and live happily ever after? How? I just can't see a realistic motive for the Mom to kidnap Ayla.

MOO

Am I missing some info here? Or is this speculation? You seem pretty angry about it so I'm thinking I've missed a link or a post somewhere with far more info than I have. I have seen people posting about 'team meeting?' and haven't read about that either. I've gone back quite a bit, but still can't find it ~ could you post it please? Or anyone else seeing this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1