**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they thought they could slide it by, and no one would challenge it.

Then the state trooper appears in all his glory....and testifies under oath, it was an accident.

Also, look at what the Pros tried to do to Cindy Beaver........in an effort to discredit her or get her to go away.

I am so proud of her..:heart:

We've got the prosecution introducing the traffic accident as attempted murder and deliberately omitting testimony from the attending officer, introducing the gas attendant and omitting information about her brain injury, putting her on the stand after she had obviously been "rehabilitated", introducing testimony about "head trauma" being suspcious and omitting emails where Michelle confirmed the accident ... there's more ... and all of it gives the impression that the prosecutors have lost their ability to be objective. It gives me the impression that they want to WIN at all costs ... having lost sight of presenting the whole truth. Sadly, after hearing about the problems at the forensic lab, this doesn't surprise me.

LOL, lie to the traffic cop about why you ran off the road or just admit you were really trying to kill your wife and baby.

LOL, I think the point in question relates to wearing seatbelts. Would Michelle have any reason to lie to the officer about whether she was wearing her seatbelt? She was there when the report was given and had a responsibility to correct Jason if he lied ... she didn't correct him, so it's fair to assume that it is true that she was wearing her seatbelt.

Very well said. The view that people commenting on cases pick teams of guilty or not guilty always confuses me.

I think he is guilty because of the evidense against him and that there are too many coincidenses. I also don't know why a perfect stranger would do this as there is no motive. JY has motive. I don't want to believe he did it just like I didn't believe Scott Peterson killed his wife. The fact that the DT admitted he was a jerk and a philanderer but said that did not make him a murderer, well I disagree. The jerky things he did and the things he said to his lovers, etc. in my opinion make him a person that could and would do anything to serve his instant gratification. It seems to me he lived two lives and one was totally apart from MY and CY.

I really can't see JY just going in to MY's bedroom and start beating her, I think that something started it and caused him to fly into a rage. I just don't know what and I don't guess any of us do. I bet if they went back over his SUV they would find something. jmo

This is funny .. bumbling police officer that was taking a statement regarding the hit and run that my daughter witnessed this morning drove off while she was writing her statement and ... he still has her driver's license. That's a bit like the bumbling officers that took photos of the bathroom but didn't put a ruler in the photo to give scale to the prints.

Really? Would you call the police that responded to the river car wreck in Brevard bumblers? They didn't seem to take that seriously did they? Everything cuts both ways.

LOL, I think the point in question relates to wearing seatbelts. Would Michelle have any reason to lie to the officer about whether she was wearing her seatbelt? She was there when the report was given and had a responsibility to correct Jason if he lied ... she didn't correct him, so it's fair to assume that it is true that she was wearing her seatbelt.

Considering there is a $25 fine for not wearing a SB, i'm sure JLY lied.
He was the one interviewed, not MY

Who cares. He attended an accident and reported that everyone was wearing a seatbelt. The only information that made anyone question whether it was attempted murder was the rumor (false information) that Michelle removed her seatbelt at her husband's request or to get some lotion from the back seat. Michelle was wearing a seatbelt, so if it was attempted murder then it was also attempted suicide ... and we know that's not true.

Otto did you see a c/p on this thread or maybe the last one, of posts KY made somewhere on the net, where she states that Michelle was not wearing her seatbelt? Not saying this is true, but It certainly means it wasn't just rumor from Michelle's friend that she wasn't.

We've got the prosecution introducing the traffic accident as attempted murder and deliberately omitting testimony from the attending officer, introducing the gas attendant and omitting information about her brain injury, putting her on the stand after she had obviously been "rehabilitated", introducing testimony about "head trauma" being suspcious and omitting emails where Michelle confirmed the accident ... there's more ... and all of it gives the impression that the prosecutors have lost their ability to be objective. It gives me the impression that they want to WIN at all costs ... having lost sight of presenting the whole truth. Sadly, after hearing about the problems at the forensic lab, this doesn't surprise me.

You got it.

The Pros seemed more desperate than ever, I think they know this is the end.

In Texas not wearing a seat belt is a very serious offense especially if you have an accident. And I know people that would and have lied about it. It effects insurance too.

I think he is guilty because of the evidense against him and that there are too many coincidenses. I also don't know why a perfect stranger would do this as there is no motive. JY has motive. I don't want to believe he did it just like I didn't believe Scott Peterson killed his wife. The fact that the DT admitted he was a jerk and a philanderer but said that did not make him a murderer, well I disagree. The jerky things he did and the things he said to his lovers, etc. in my opinion make him a person that could and would do anything to serve his instant gratification. It seems to me he lived two lives and one was totally apart from MY and CY.

I really can't see JY just going in to MY's bedroom and start beating her, I think that something started it and caused him to fly into a rage. I just don't know what and I don't guess any of us do. I bet if they went back over his SUV they would find something. jmo

If something was started at the moment he was in the bedroom that caused him to fly into a rage, that same thing could have caused anyone to fly into a rage.

Honestly, I'd not be surprised at all if people in an accident did not tell the investigator that they were not wearing their seat belt. If an anonymous poll were taken about whether or not you'd be honest about that fact if asked by LE after a traffic stop or after an accident, I would bet we'd see that the majority of the people would say they'd say they were wearing their seat belt. Two reasons: (1) avoid the citation for failure to wear seat belt and (2) avoid any possibility insurance may fine a clause to deny medical claims due to no seat belt.

In this instance, we know from the highway patrol testimony that he took the report from JY not MY. We know from his testimony that he did not separately question MY. Granted he said (IIRC) that she was nearby and could have disputed anything he said. Seriously, though, does anyone really believe she is going to dispute JY to the highway patrol right there in front of JY? Given they have just had an accident, she is pregnant and probably (naturally so) worried about the baby I'd expect her to just be ready for it to all be over with so she could calm down.

We also know from his testimony that he was not the first on the scene of the accident and that when he arrived both MY and JY had been taken to the hospital. There was already first responders that had been there for some time whom I suspect and IMO had taken their own perusal of the incident, formed opinions and IMO passed this on to the highway patrol when he arrived. We do know from testimony one of those already on the scene was the brother of a life long friend of JY. In a small rural community, this does go a long way in taking someone's word for an event or incident.

I truly believe the highway patrol report to be one of a formality rather than a full blown accident investigation. Since there didn't appear to be anything untoward on the surface, what was there to investigate. All accident reports are not a full investigation, IMO.

I'm not saying either the sheriff's deputy (brother of the JY's friend) or the highway patrol fabricated anything. I'm just saying I don't find it unlikely that they'd take JY's word for whatever he said happened and be done with it.

IMO

What would they find in his SUV? :confused:
They had his vehicle for a very long time.

Really? Would you call the police that responded to the river car wreck in Brevard bumblers? They didn't seem to take that seriously did they? Everything cuts both ways.

Bumbling or otherwise, at least he made note of whether they wore seatbelts. Perhaps the guy drove off with Jason's license, perhaps not ... but that didn't interfere with him doing his job.

Is that really what you understood from JY testimony?

Lol, Jason did not say he had 2 matches,
He said it was windy and he ended up lighting the matchbook to light his cigar.

Man, and how about the cigar purchase from Antonio's in Tampa?

Looks like Jase did smoke a cigar a few times !!
:wink:

Considering there is a $25 fine for not wearing a SB, i'm sure JLY lied.
He was the one interviewed, not MY

Are you suggesting that Michelle went along with the lie to save $25?

In order to find JY guilty in this case, the jury has to make a lot of assumptions. If there was actual proof of tampering with the camera, stopping for gas, etc, this case would be a slam dunk imo. But it's not so the state has to reach and omit information to make their case look the way they want it to.

I think a big part of the verdict will hinge on whether or not the jurors think that the hush puppy prints are JY's. I don't think they will be willing to assume all of the other things, but if they believe the prints are his they might convict.

JMO

I am suggesting MY was not interviewed about the accident details.
You may want to go back and watch the testimony.

The same state trooper was asked again years later if he thought there was anything suspicious, after MY's death.

He still replied NO.

Why would he lie?

I am suggesting MY was not interviewed about the accident details.
You may want to go back and watch the testimony.

She was present when Jason gave information to the officer. She was a bright, well-educated young woman. She would know that she had a responsibility in ensuring that the information they, as a couple, reported was accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne