17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the crime scene tape put up, oh don't tell me, they didn't do that.

I just have a real problem if he made it back home not getting the 13 yr old involved in it or at least telling him.
Going off the thought, what if the brother wasn't home and had locked up the house locking Trayvon out without realizing it?

Saying that Trayvon was murdered does not help the cause. We are hopeful for a manslaughter indictment.

I'm sorry but it is my opinion that Trayvon was brutally murdered. I believe I indicated a JMO at the end of my post. Helping a cause? This is a message board. I do not think posting on a forum is going to help any cause. Additionally, I believe that premeditation was formed when Zimmerman stepped out of his vehicle with a loaded gun and proceeded to hunt Trayvon down like an animal. He was an unharmed kid innocently walking home who was stalked and gunned down. Would it have mattered if Trayvon was 3, 4, 6, 7, 10?

~jmo~

whoever they were talking to weather it be Tracy Martin or Sybrina Fulton still said he was killed on his porch.

If one chooses to believe that story, and the quotes in it, are accurate.

I don't, given the blatant inaccuracy of Tracy being reported as Trayvon's mom.

I agree that where you live has an impact and I don't know if you are a racist or not. I am not going there. Of course we are a compilation of where we've been in our lives. I worked in a high school full of privileged rich white kids (some minority too) and my pleasure was working with the adjudicated youth population. I could tell some tales that would curl your hair. Really troubled kids~but it never made me scared of other kids I saw in my neighborhood. I guess I just don't think that way. JMO

I am not talking about being 'scared' of kids in my neighborhood. I am talking about recognizing the real dangers ever present with the urban experience.

Driving to and from and working in the hardcore center of South Central is no joke. And some of the local dropouts, who lurk the area are not fooling around. If you are not afraid of them then you are foolish, imo.

Are people really calling this a brutal racist cold blooded killing? I mean anyone of note? Of course there are wackos on either side -- but who is calling him a cold-blooded killer? And GZ does not have to be a racist to be a racial profiler. What the family is saying is they want justice, they want an investigation, an arrest -- let a jury decide.
I'm gonna bump this comment up...

Where was the crime scene tape put up, oh don't tell me, they didn't do that.

They did have crime scene tape put up because my local news did a piece about the protests going on in my area and one of the pictures they showed was the area with crime scene tape around it.

Going off the thought, what if the brother wasn't home and had locked up the house locking Trayvon out without realizing it?

But they were watching the basketball game and he was waiting for his skittles, right? Or is that faulty or manufactured ?

I think Trayvon's parents are going to be on Geraldos show on Fox at 10 EST. I know the show is going to be about the case and I thought I heard the parents would be on. (if anyone is interested).

All this talk about TM being killed on the front porch. Clearly this is an inaccurate statement, unless you believe the body was moved dozens of yards. So can we please leave this poor family alone on this point and just chalk it up to a distraught parent who had just lost their son and perhaps didn't parse their words as if they were under oath.

whoever they were talking to weather it be Tracy Martin or Sybrina Fulton still said he was killed on his porch.

Can not be right if Tm was killed on his porch then the dad would have known as soon as he came home.

But it is being investigated. Yes? The fact that protests are continuing leads one to believe that the protesters don't want an investigation, they want GZ hung out to dry.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

It's being investigated - NOW. I think what makes people angry is how it was dismissed so quickly to begin with. It very easily could have been swept under the rug if not for Trayvon's parents demanding answers. And more power to them for keeping that wheel squeaking. MOO

It was reported he said "the" porch. In his latest interview Mr. Martin said TM was 70 yards from home. So it wasn't their porch. GF said TM thought he lost the man. It's possible he was hiding on a porch. jmo

I'm not building anything one way or the other. Just trying to figure this deal out like the rest of you are. I didn't know TM. I know nothing about his temperament, but I know mine very well. What ever happened would have happened long before it did with Trayvon.

I wasn't a skinny little 140-150 lb kid gonna take on an ex Rave bouncer. I was full grown at 17. Big difference between that and what I believe TM to be capable of. Particularly after seeing that blemish free video 35 minutes or so later?

Please, I don't care how many of his pals, buddies, and kin talk about diapers and such, I'll NEVER believe Trayvon Martin got the best of Captain George to the point of his murder being justified.

I heard that boy screaming. Two experts convinced me of it last night.
ITA

But I think Tray "took off running" or walking fast like the gf said, just to get around the that corner (90 degree turn on the sidewalk) and get out of GZ's sight. Once around that corner I think he went back to walking - maybe he dropped the skittles at one point and had to stop to pick them up? I just don't think he kept running. He told the gf he wasn't going to run - so he ran just far enough to get out of his sight and then went back to walking.

But that's JMHO

Here is what I think MIGHT have happened. Our house sits on a little hill right above the community pool. And there have been some break-ins there at the pool, and some costly vandalism. Also, some people sneak in after the pool is closed to party and midnight-swim. Since my own kids used to do that in high school [ I think so anyway] I do not usually report this even though my German Shepherd alerts me to any strange occurrences there.

But when I have seen people lurking, dressed in hoodies and in dark clothing, and standing in the shadows, then YES, I call the non-emergency number.

GZ first reported that TM was under the awning at the community center. That is a likely spot for a burglary or a break-in. So GZ probably thought he had a potential burglar and so he was going to cling on to this kid, hell or high water.

He was wrong and made terrible decisions. But I do not believe he set out to murder anybody, imo. I think this was the perfect storm of horrible circumstances. Especially weird if TM was already safely on his back porch,and then went to confront GZ, imo.

How did you describe the suspicious characters?

I've only heard that he was under the awning as a rumor, it wasn't in the 911 call - is this information from someone he's spoken to? TIA

I went back and looked at GZ's shirt and jacket in the video at police station, I could not see any thing wrong with his clothes in reference to gunpowder residue.

As far as TM making it to his back porch, that's what makes the most sense to me with all the parameters of the timeline, both before and afterwards, that we know about at this point. Obviously the question becomes how did he get back up to the point his body was located at and arrive at almost the same time it calculates for GZ to reach the same point walking back up the sidewalk?

I think there are two different possibilities but I don't think he was shot on his porch. I think he was on the porch doing 2 things, one of which may have been taking off that soaking wet hoodie as he watched out for this goon running around looking for him.

Papa, are there any pics of these 'back porches'. From condos that I have seen, it isn't much more than a back door and maybe a small concrete landing on the ground. ETA: not the back porches I know in the south.

I'm sorry but it is my opinion that Trayvon was brutally murdered. I believe I indicated a JMO at the end of my post. Helping a cause? This is a message board. I do not think posting on a forum is going to help any cause. Additionally, I believe that premeditation was formed when Zimmerman stepped out of his vehicle with a loaded gun and proceeded to hunt Trayvon down like an animal. He was an unharmed kid innocently walking home who was stalked and gunned down. Would it have mattered if Trayvon was 3, 4, 6, 7, 10?

~jmo~

Why not just blow him away as soon as he saw him at the clubhouse? Why wait til he got closer to the homes and get into a struggle before killing him? I understand it's just your opinion, but I would think you would want to form an opinion that is based on the facts.

I went back and looked at GZ's shirt and jacket in the video at police station, I could not see any thing wrong with his clothes in reference to gunpowder residue.
What makes you think you'd see gunpowder residue on his clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname