17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

The father did mention it in his interview. He said it was a LIE! Isn't that speecial?

imo

If TM's phone was in his pocket and he was wearing an earpiece, it is completely plausible that GZ never saw it. Keep in mind, TM's hood was up so his ear would have been covered.

George Zimmerman: Self-appointed watchman or racist killer?
By David Ovalle The Miami Herald

A portrait of George Zimmerman paints the picture of a man obsessed with law enforcement, the very career that eluded him.

By David Ovalle
dovalle@MiamiHerald.com
SANFORD, Fla -- George Michael Zimmerman, the man at the center of the racially charged killing of an unarmed black teen, is a former altar boy, insurance salesman and college student.

And another label has also stuck in the public’s perception: frustrated cop wannabe.

Over the years, his scores of calls to police showed he pursued shoplifters and errant drivers with zeal, reporting pit bulls, potholes, children playing in the street, open garage doors and “suspicious” youths — usually black males — loitering in the street.

He peppered his calls with jargon familiar to police. In one case, he chased a reckless driver while calling 911 — the driver later told police he was terrified that Zimmerman was going to attack him. In another case, Zimmerman tailed a supermarket shoplifter until a police officer successfully arrested the thief.

On the night of Feb. 26, he tailed Trayvon Martin through the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the gated community where Zimmerman lived with his wife, describing his every move to a dispatcher who told him he didn’t need to follow the young man. A scuffle ensued and Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. Zimmerman claims self-defense.

Dr. Laurence Miller, a Palm Beach County clinical psychologist who works with local police agencies, said he believes Zimmerman likely was acting out the “whole TV cop role in his head” when he confronted Trayvon.

“A lot of people like the power and control that law enforcement officers have but with that comes a tremendous amount of responsibility,” Miller said, pointing out that a police officer is the only profession that can use “coercive physical force” or lethal force to subdue a suspected criminal.

“People act like cowboys and like the power, but not the responsibility.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy

Finally, someone other than just a forum poster states the 'cop wannabe'.

But audio experts Tom Owen and Ed Primeau, who analyzed the recordings for the Orlando Sentinel using different techniques, said they don't believe it's Zimmerman who can be heard screaming in the background of the 911 calls.

"There's a huge chance that this is not Zimmerman's voice," said Primeau, a longtime audio engineer who is listed as an expert in recorded evidence by the American College of Forensic Examiners International. "As a matter of fact, after 28 years of doing this, I would put my reputation on the line and say this is not George Zimmerman screaming."

Both experts stressed they cannot say who was screaming. They have no samples of Martin's voice.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Has any information come forward that GZ was harassing during the years the residents of color living in the complex? Or was the focus only on outsiders who may be committing crimes?

To a degree I am somewhat inclined to believe you may be correct however IMHO and from the remarks he made when on the phone with dispatch in regards to...."These @$$ h----- always get away"..I can't help but think there was some racial profiling on his part regarding TM...JMHO

In GZ's paranoid suspicious mind his profiling was based on a combination of factors like male,young, hoodie up, walking/running in rain, black, and unknown to GZ. He did say "looks black", not "is black". He probably would have found a white/hispanic/chinese etc. kid that had all the other attributes, suspicious too. But I doubt if he would have found a senior black person with a walking stick suspicious..

It's only a witch hunt if it turns out that GZ is telling the complete truth and the story (as we are led to believe) does not make TM an innocent in this.

For example, I can say for certainty that the Duke lacrosse case was a witch hunt. Everyone had those boys convicted or a good majority did. It was covered by the media, especially locally, as such.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood what you were trying to post. To me a witch hunt "lynching" someone regardless if they are innocent or guilty just because you think they are guilty. I did not mean you are claiming it's a witch hunt. In any case, the same could be said about TM except he not alive to claim he is innocent or defend his guilt. People differ in their views, we don't all think alike. In the end the differences of opinions are responsible for not accepting events as face value which is good.

I think what we will find is that both of them viewed each other as a threat, only one had the gun and TM had a right to defend himself, too. It also appears that only a jury may be able to decide whether or not GZ was justified in shooting TM. Does not mean TM did anything wrong? Resisting someone that ends up in a fight with you on top does not mean you were the aggressor and because you are on the bottom does not mean you are the victim. It should be interesting to see how this unfolds. And it never should have been a clear cut decision by SA. I agree that this portion of the law needs to be changed. Everything should be investigated and not just dropped because someone claimed SYG. jmo

I stated he does not weigh 240 lbs. NOW. However, IMO he doesn't weigh 160-170 lbs. either. Wanna bet he's between 190 and 200?

It really doesn't matter what WE think he weighs. The fact of the matter is that the witness thought, and also stated he was the bigger guy.

In any case, he was the experienced, well-built ADULT -- up against a skinny, innocent kid who had just turned 17 years old, 21 days earlier.

You 'spose he's put the notch in his semi-automatic 9mm handle yet?

imo

Given the enhanced images of GZ's injuries it looks like he was attacked imo. I think TM chose this confrontation.

Morning papa. I get what you're saying about the time and distance - I just don't think Trayvon even got close to his back porch.

Here's a thought. Would it make a difference if say GZ went through the second cut-through between the buildings (close to your #6) and possibly Trayvon saw him come out there and turned around to walk back to the main sidewalk so he could get out to the street his house was on and walk down that street to his front door?

I could see him turning around and heading back to that first sidewalk. He didn't tell the gf that - but would he? Also I do think he would have said something to the gf about being that close to home.

IDK - it is odd how close he ended up from that turn with the time in question.

JMHO

Good Morning Owl. Anything's possible, but in my analysis of this deal, I'm putting what the girlfriend says further down the totem pole than what other information has told us. I don't understand why her input didn't come till 3 weeks into this case. I'm trying to make sense of this gap in time and yet be cognisant of what various statements and known information have told us.

-The first 600 ft plus of TM's path was straight in the shortest direction home. I don't see why that would have changed once he lost sight of GZ.

-I tend to think GZ went down that long sidewalk primarily primarily because he told the dispatcher that TM was heading "down towards the back entrance" and that he was following him. I think his father's comments further solidify this being George Zimmerman's path of movement:

“Police told George not to follow Martin, and asked him where he was. However, because he was behind the town homes he could not see the nearest address.”

This is why, Robert Zimmerman claims, his son decided to keep following Martin, so he could obtain an address to give to police.

“George went to the next street, realized where he was and was walking to his vehicle”.

This particular group of buildings and sidewalk are the only place in the development that meets the qualifiers of (a) headed towards the back entrance, (b) being behind the townhomes, and (c) being blind to any street address.

hmmm what happened to the 9 burglaries by young black men the Zimmerman family and friends constantly state as fact???

IMO, it's possible that Zimmerman was fabricating crime threats to create fear in the complex.

George Zimmerman: Self-appointed watchman or racist killer?
By David Ovalle The Miami Herald

A portrait of George Zimmerman paints the picture of a man obsessed with law enforcement, the very career that eluded him.

By David Ovalle
dovalle@MiamiHerald.com
SANFORD, Fla -- George Michael Zimmerman, the man at the center of the racially charged killing of an unarmed black teen, is a former altar boy, insurance salesman and college student.

And another label has also stuck in the public’s perception: frustrated cop wannabe.

Over the years, his scores of calls to police showed he pursued shoplifters and errant drivers with zeal, reporting pit bulls, potholes, children playing in the street, open garage doors and “suspicious” youths — usually black males — loitering in the street.

He peppered his calls with jargon familiar to police. In one case, he chased a reckless driver while calling 911 — the driver later told police he was terrified that Zimmerman was going to attack him. In another case, Zimmerman tailed a supermarket shoplifter until a police officer successfully arrested the thief.

On the night of Feb. 26, he tailed Trayvon Martin through the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the gated community where Zimmerman lived with his wife, describing his every move to a dispatcher who told him he didn’t need to follow the young man. A scuffle ensued and Zimmerman shot Trayvon dead. Zimmerman claims self-defense.

Dr. Laurence Miller, a Palm Beach County clinical psychologist who works with local police agencies, said he believes Zimmerman likely was acting out the “whole TV cop role in his head” when he confronted Trayvon.

“A lot of people like the power and control that law enforcement officers have but with that comes a tremendous amount of responsibility,” Miller said, pointing out that a police officer is the only profession that can use “coercive physical force” or lethal force to subdue a suspected criminal.

“People act like cowboys and like the power, but not the responsibility.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy

Even if all that is true, he still has the right to defend himself imo.

Has all his 911 calls been made public? I didn't know that.

Yes they have: one call was only that a neighbor's garage door was open, another was about a group of mixed kids playing in the street and the remaining calls each mention a black male or males that looked suspicious. And, in one of the calls GZ specifically says he's not gonna go near them (he may not have had his gun at that time).!

I would like to know how many times GZ or anyone else in the complex saw a non-black male walking around the complex and called 911 compared to GZ's calls on seeing as he specifically describes a black male or males. THis is very telling IMO.

CNN now carrying the Voice Analysis story

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1

In it audio expert Ed Primeau, a longtime audio engineer who is listed as an expert in recorded evidence by the American College of Forensic Examiners International stated "As a matter of fact, after 28 years of doing this, I would put my reputation on the line and say this is not George Zimmerman screaming."

IMO, it's possible that Zimmerman was fabricating crime threats to create fear in the complex.

Also, GZ's 911 calls about suspicious black males in the complex could have been fabricated also, since we all know "they always get away"!

that sounds like a possibility that gz walked down the cut thru path onto the next street (didn't see tm headed for the back gate) so cut thru the break in the homes to double back to his car and then found tm. So the encounter could have started further down and ended up near the cut thru path back towards gz's car.

i would not have put it past gz grabbing tm, maybe when the phone disconnected, and trying to march him back to his car to meet le. i certainly hope they have a professional accident reconstruction expert try and recreate the crime. Even giving gz the benefit of the doubt there are too many things that are not adding up with his story. Jmo

i listened to that tape again with mr. Martin's girlfriend and she was talking about him being close to home and almost to his back porch. It is clear she was referring to him almost being home.

^^^^
that

leanaí;7748142 said:
I said lies by the media.

The media brought us their statements. A large part of the discussions are about their statements in interviews. We all know how reporters often get the facts wrong, no big surprises there with HLN and some of the articles written by reporters. Media does not think they lie....they misspoke. lol

If TM's phone was in his pocket and he was wearing an earpiece, it is completely plausible that GZ never saw it. Keep in mind, TM's hood was up so his ear would have been covered.

So what? Just because Zimmerman didn't see the phone, or tell his daddy about it, Zimmeran Senior did not have the right to get on national TV and flagrantly call the Martins' LIARS.

To me it shows the arrogance and entitlement the whole Zimmerman family seems to ooze. What unmitigated gall!

I wonder what they will say in the courtroom while listening to Trayvon's girlfriend relate how their wonderful hotdogging son accosted Trayvon?

imo

^^^^
that

And if poor TM was trying to hide from GZ as TM's gf suggests GZ may have felt he was up to no good and should be arrested. One of the things he should have learned during his "police training class" was LE always has backup. He did not wait for LE because LE would have made him go home. jmo

bbm

Absolutely! There have been several very, very strange and not customary things that happened with the powers-to-be that sent Zimmerman home that night.

In my opinion something stinks much worse than simple police corruption!

all imho

Isn't GZ's father a judge????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members