Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the conditions and the location 1-3 days is still a very fresh and easy trail. It wouldn't have even been a question.

Thanks, sarx! I knew I'd heard you use that term somewhere. Still learning over here!

Thank you, again, for all your help finding the missing! You and Oriah really deserve huge thanks. I don't think a lot of members understand everything you two do "behind the scenes" so to speak.

Thanks for the kind words. You are absorbing a ton, which is so wonderful!
What I do behind the scenes....---:banghead:
lol

thanks for the answers about the dogs/purse, everyone. I, too, do not believe that Sierra intentionally dropped the bag and books in that location and I don't (at least 99% of me, doesn't) believe she is a runaway. I would hope that by NOT finding her scent in that area, it would lend strength to the abduction theory. I just can't figure out why the books/purse weren't just dumped in a trashcan....seems far less risky than pitching the stuff in a place you could be caught trespassing...then again, I'm not a criminal, nor do I think like one...I just find the purse location sort of like a 'staging', to get additional attention. What predator really wants MORE attention?

It is very odd. I was thinking about this before and the only thing I could come up with is that the trashcans may be in locations where one would find surveillance cameras (gas station, convenience store).

I really don't know. :waitasec:

I lurk, rarely post, but have a question....when the purse and books were found, would the search dogs have been taken to that location? Would they have looked for Sierra's scent trail there? I imagine, if the dogs didn't alert in that location, then it's unlikely that Sierra was responsible for hiding the bag and books and was likely never there, with or without an abductor.

They did take dogs to that location. I saw pictures of teams with dogs and they were fanning out from the location of the bag, and they searched the surrounding area.

I think they were looking for any other debris they might find and /or her trail, and sadly, also her remains.

The building that the bag and books were found beside, wedged between the cactus is ON DEAD END ROAD.. so IMO there's no flying down the road away from the crime and whisking the bag out as some believe.. this is a dead end..

It is very odd. I was thinking about this before and the only thing I could come up with is that the trashcans may be in locations where one would find surveillance cameras (gas station, convenience store).

I really don't know. :waitasec:

Maybe that area had been searched prior to when the bag was found? And so LE is thinking that the perp must have come back, which would make them possibly a local, who knows the area?

Given the conditions and the location 1-3 days is still a very fresh and easy trail. It wouldn't have even been a question.

A reporter asked Sgt. Cardoza the question if her scent was found leading to the bag. He said NO, her scent was not detected.

I'm looking through the links to see if I can find it. So ... jmo until I can find the dang thing. lol

Maybe that area had been searched prior to when the bag was found? And so LE is thinking that the perp must have come back, which would make them possibly a local, who knows the area?

Phone found Sat. Bag found Sunday, but not reported until a few days later at the presser. First time searched and they were expanding the search perimeter.

The building that the bag and books were found beside, wedged between the cactus is ON DEAD END ROAD.. so IMO there's no flying down the road away from the crime and whisking the bag out as some believe.. this is a dead end..

So are you thinking that he pitched the cell phone out the window of the car on his way out of the area with Sierra, took her someplace, stripped her, killed her, left her body in another location, and then came back through town on his way back home and dropped the bag of clothes off behind the cactus?

I just came online a few mins ago. I have about 10 pages to read to catch up.

Saw this, if already posted please ignore.

http://campbell.patch.com/articles/...-aid-search-efforts-for-sierra-lamar-5cf1f6f6

(posted about 30 mins ago)

KlaasKids volunteers are asking for the following supplies:
•Gift cards to Staples or Safeway
•Tecnu or similar poison oak lotion
•Bug spray

They are also asking for printer ink and the printer numbers are listed in article. There is a POC (point of contact) number listed in the article too.

So are you thinking that he pitched the cell phone out the window of the car on his way out the area with Sierra, took her someplace, stripped her, killed her, left her body in another location, and then came back through town on his way back home and dropped the bag of clothes off behind the cactus?

It is possible, if he did not notice the bag was still in his car until he came back thru...

The case map on the first post of this thread doesn't seem to have the purse location on it. Does anyone have the link to the map with the purse location included? I had it the other day, but I can't find it now. Thanks!

It is possible, if he did not notice the bag was still in his car until he came back thru...

Or if he didn't want to leave her "stuff" next to her body. Of course, we still don't know where her shoes are.

It kind of makes me wonder if this offender knew that the phone would be found if he left it turned on. It seems like if he/she were really trying to hide these things they would know to turn the phone off so they could not ping it to find it.

There are offenders who do these things on purpose to confuse LE or get media attention.

If that is the case then it would seem like this person is experienced and organized and a sociopath..

thanks for the answers about the dogs/purse, everyone. I, too, do not believe that Sierra intentionally dropped the bag and books in that location and I don't (at least 99% of me, doesn't) believe she is a runaway. I would hope that by NOT finding her scent in that area, it would lend strength to the abduction theory. I just can't figure out why the books/purse weren't just dumped in a trashcan....seems far less risky than pitching the stuff in a place you could be caught trespassing...then again, I'm not a criminal, nor do I think like one...I just find the purse location sort of like a 'staging', to get additional attention. What predator really wants MORE attention?

For some killers, staging is part of the thrill. An example of this would be Jack the Ripper.

I don't think the purse was staged, though. I still think it was a matter of grab the girl, pitch the phone, pitch the bag and get the heck out of town before anyone knew she was missing.

As strongly as I felt that Laurie May and Destiny Gruba were basically okay (not injured, not lying dead in a hidden crash somewhere), I feel Sierra is not alive now.

I hope I'm wrong.

I have to say if she used the bag for clothes she didn't need to take to school, it is silly. There is no one saying she was planning on a sleepover. Marlene tells us she switches clothes with friends. Does that include bra and panties. Frankly, I can't understand why Marlene offered that up. I would think she would have thought it odd she had those things in a Juicy bag going to school.

The place to exhange clothes used to take place at the girls' homes...or is somebody going to tell me that's changed also? Now the generous girl delivers the clothes at school and gives her underwear also?

As a mother, I would be dumbfounded if my daughter's clothes and underwear were found and she is missing. Marlene did not say she was staying with another girl that night. There were no plans. There was no squad practice in San Jose. The mother wasn't concerned about the clothes. Instead she explains it by saying Sierra shares her clothing...okiedokiethen.

I am too old and out of touch, I suppose. I have a 21 yr old but this female behavior thing is too much for me. I am experiencing a whole new world....with this particular crime.

I am almost 30, but I remember my teen years quite clearly and I am very confident that I would've thought then, as I do now, yuck! about sharing bras or panties. Jmo! I was very lonely as a teen and almost any time someone asked me for help or to share I felt really honored and excited, but ew. Again jmo!

Thanks, Ransom. The more I look at the map, the more I'm convinced the perp lives, works, or regularly stays with/visits friends within just a few miles of Sierra's home and bus stop. I think this has to be a Morgan Hill local or someone who spends most of their time in Morgan Hill. JMO

Refer to my map in post 734.

Why wouldn't the bag have been put in the pond behind that shed? Much better odds of it not being found unless the perp knew that water was really shallow.

Sounds like a good place to stop to further secure a victim, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member