17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for him. He lived his life believing he's an energetic law abiding citizen, and he went to jail believing he was protecting his neighbors.

I also feel great empathy for Trayvon, and his parents. Both parents, but particularly his mother has pulled at my heartstrings. They have handled their horrible pain of loss with more grace than I could ever muster.

I feel empathy for everyone in this story. If only, if only if only is the mantra. If only one of these two young men had behaved civilly, their lives and their family's lives wouldn't be ruined.

"Energetic law abiding citizen"???? Law abiding citizen's don't attack law enforcement officers...or are you just trying to gloss over GZ arrest for that? Law abiding citizen's don't commit domestic violence against their fiance...or are you just trying to gloss over GZ restraining order for that? If "these two" young men had behaved civilly???? Just what PROOF do you have that Trayvon did not act civilly? Their lives ruined? Maybe you have forgotten Trayvon doesn't have a life anymore, GZ made sure of that when he murdered him.

I just listened to the call at the link provided to refresh my memory. While in the beginning the dispatcher said to keep an eye on what TM was doing, the question "are you following him", answer GZ "yes", statement dispatcher, "we don't need you to do that", answer GZ "OK", is at the very end of the conversation.

My problem with this call is GZ's credibility. I don't believe him when he says TM is fiddling with his waist band. I also don't believe TM walked up to GZ's truck and stared him down. Nopey, nope nope, don't believe it.

JMHO!
MOO!
IMHOO!

Me neither. From the beginning that sounded to me like a set-up so that LE would perceive TM the way GZ wanted them to and his self-defense story would hold.

JMO!

My problem with this call is GZ's credibility. I don't believe him when he says TM is fiddling with his waist band. I also don't believe TM walked up to GZ's truck and stared him down. Nopey, nope nope, don't believe it.

I've felt the exact same as you. I think GZ was making it all up re: "He's coming at me... he's reaching in his waistband..." etc. He was premeditating and concocting his defense right there.

1. Why didn't we hear GZ say on the recording, "Oh sh**, he's standing right here now!!! Hold on, let me roll window down and see why he's in this area, wandering around."

2. Instead, he says TM was running off, not trying to interact with GZ at all. If TM wanted to confront or fight, the dispatcher would have probably overheard TM telling off GZ when TM was allegedly walking toward the car with hand in waistband. IMO, the man is paranoid and not truthful.

3. After the dispatcher says, "We don't need you to follow him," GZ says "okay"... but you can CLEARLY hear that GZ hasn't stopped running after the kid. The windy-rush sound just keeps going and going, with neither of them saying a word for a while.

4. GZ's voice is *shaky* when he finally starts talking again. It is not from being too tired from running. It's from being ANGRY AS HE77 and READY TO EXPLODE. GZ is not huffing and puffing, out of breath. He is HOT and seeing red. A lot of people get a shaky voice before turning into the Incredible Hulk. :)

PS If TM allegedly broke GZ's nose, wouldn't GZ's blood have been on Trayvon's hands and elsewhere? GZ claims that TM put his hand over GZ's mouth to bang his head against the sidewalk.

So shouldn't there have been some GZ nose blood on one of TM's hands? The coroner or funeral director may be able to help prove or disprove a fight.

This could have been a total ambush, with TM never getting a lick in. IMO, GZ was 100% convinced this kid had robbed a house or car already. That's possibly why a neighbor saw GZ touching TM's dead body, face down. GZ was possibly looking for stolen jewelry or something... evidence that he'd done a good thing in killing a robber... but there was nothing but Skittles. Oops!

George Zimmerman afraid of being killed in jail: lawyer
By DOUGLAS MONTERO

Last Updated: 4:22 PM, April 16, 2012

Posted: 4:19 PM, April 16, 2012

SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman is afraid of being killed while in jail facing charges of murdering Trayvon Martin, his lawyer said today.

“There has been an upwelling of hostility and animosity towards him that can find its way to you in many different ways,” Mark O’Mara said outside the courthouse in Sanford, Fla.

“So he’s concerned because he’s exposed to many people he doesn’t even know,” O’Mara added.

The lawyer talked to reporters after filing a motion to have Judge Jessica Recksiedler removed from the case because of a possible conflict of interest.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...of_being_UWxL8AHEIjCLzlbwv14seK#ixzz1sIJFSkNg

BBM

Isn't he being held in protective custody? I'd just like to ask, how does it feel, GZ....

I guess if GZ doesn't know someone, he gets paranoid....I guess his being fearful would amount to the same feeling TM had...he too was fearful of this hulking man following him...Karma seems to be hitting GZ....a little at a time...

Is this to garner sympathy for the unsympathetic one...he had no sympathy for TM...why should anyone care..He is where he's at due to his own actions...he needed instant gratification instead of waiting for police to arrive on the scene..If he only watched from a distance TM could have made it to his door...:banghead:

i've felt the exact same as you. I think gz was making it all up re: "he's coming at me... He's reaching in his waistband..." etc. He was premeditating and concocting his defense right there.

1. Why didn't we hear gz say on the recording, "oh sh**, he's standing right here now!!! Hold on, let me roll window down and see why he's in this area, wandering around."

2. Instead, he says tm was running off, not trying to interact with gz at all. If tm wanted to confront or fight, the dispatcher would have probably overheard tm telling off gz when tm was allegedly walking toward the car with hand in waistband. The man is paranoid and not truthful.

3. After the dispatcher says, "we don't need you to follow him," gz says "okay"... But you can clearly hear that gz hasn't stopped running after the kid. The windy-rush sound just keeps going and going, with neither of them saying a word for a while.

4. Gz's voice is *shaky* when he finally starts talking again. It is not from being too tired from running. It's from being angry as he77 and ready to explode. Gz is not huffing and puffing, out of breath. He is hot and seeing red.

Ps if tm allegedly broke gz's nose, wouldn't gz's blood have been on trayvon's hands and elsewhere? Gz claims that tm put his hand over gz's mouth to bang his head against the sidewalk.

so shouldn't there have been some gz nose blood on one of tm's hands? the coroner or funeral director may be able to help prove or disprove a fight.

This could have been a total ambush, with tm never getting a lick in. I think gz was 100% convinced this kid had robbed a house or car already. That's possibly why a neighbor saw gz touching tm's dead body, face down. Gz was looking for stolen jewelry or something... But there was none. Oops!

Great post...I particulary like the bolded portion..best way to describe what I've been trying to say..I too believe he was seething with anger and very determined to not let another *advertiser censored**hole get away...that's his exicted utterance...makes his mentality known...his motive is clear..

I believe GZ did indeed ambush TM..which is why GZ claims Trayvon was coming straight at him...he was yards from his door..I believe GZ cut him off at the footpath, leading towards TM's home..that is when GZ 'ambushed'...had he only observed from a distance...:maddening:

I'm late to the party once again and, although others have already commented, it doesn't stop me from adding my :twocents:.

I feel sorry for him. He lived his life believing he's an energetic law abiding citizen, and he went to jail believing he was protecting his neighbors.

I also feel great empathy for Trayvon, and his parents. Both parents, but particularly his mother has pulled at my heartstrings. They have handled their horrible pain of loss with more grace than I could ever muster.

I feel empathy for everyone in this story. If only, if only if only is the mantra. If only one of these two young men had behaved civilly, their lives and their family's lives wouldn't be ruined.

Gz's record shows he was not a law abiding citizen.

As others have pointed out, there is no indication that Trayvon was not behaving in a civil manner. Unless you think trying to defend his life is uncivil?? Or maybe walking while black?? The very nerve!

This may seem like a small detail to most, but to me it's huge.

GZ didn't call 911. He called the nonemergency number. It could have been an hour or who knows how long before LE showed up. I believe GZ thought he would have a long wait before there was any response, and felt the need to track Trayvon because no one from LE would be there anytime soon. And in GZ's mindset, this young man might commit a crime and then be out of there before the non emergency response arrived.

To me, that's important.

I, too, have wondered why he called the non-emergency number. Perhaps it was calculated in that he thought it would buy him a little more time to finally become the hero and catch one of these elusive a$$holes that always got away for himself. You know, the ones the cops were never even able to find, much less catch, themselves. ;)

First of all GZ was told TWICE while on the phone with non-emergency dispatch that officers were ON THE WAY, so GZ KNEW is was not going to be an hour. GZ "felt" the need to track Trayvon because GZ did not want another of THOSE a$$hole's to get away, and by damn GZ was not going to let him. Now just WHAT is THOSE to GZ, well he told us right on that call......BLACK.

I strongly suspect that GZ didn't call 911 that night because he had probably been warned by police that if he kept abusing the 911 system with his silly and unfounded repeated calls then charges could be brought against him, so he switched tactics and started abusing the non-emergency number.

He was with neighborhood watch, they have to call LE -- LE is part of the program. Besides, an average of six calls a year might be unusual for most of us, it doesn't seem "abusive". JMO

Do you really think all his calls were silly? At least one netted the arrest of 3 young burglars and the return of at least some of the items stolen.

I just listened to the call at the link provided to refresh my memory. While in the beginning the dispatcher said to keep an eye on what TM was doing, the question "are you following him", answer GZ "yes", statement dispatcher, "we don't need you to do that", answer GZ "OK", is at the very end of the conversation.

JMHO!
MOO!
IMHOO!

BEM: Are you listening to an abbreviated version? He says "ok" about 2 minutes into the 4 minute call.

I don't believe he stared him down either, I think, as GZ said on the call, he was staring at him and then coming toward him - this tells me he was "staring" from a distance. JMO

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,5993690.story

This was in your post #56.

The phrasing of the article led me to believe she was referring to that night. If it was the next day, in broad daylight, after conducting my little home experiment today, I don't see how she could recognize a swollen nose unless she knew him well.

You are certainly entitled to believe what you wish. It is clear to me by the wording in the article, that neighbor saw what the Rodriguez's saw the day after the incident. S/he agreed with the R's account.

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman's next-door neighbor, told Reuters that when he saw Zimmerman the day after the incident, "he had two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose." He was talking to a police detective in his driveway.

Rodriguez's wife Audria also said she saw the bandages and a third neighbor, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, agreed with the Rodriguez couple's account. "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up," said the witness, who had watched from a nearby second-floor window.

One thing I have wondered about is whether GZ understood that calls on that non-emergency line were being recorded. A number of us have been saying that his story doesn't match up with the content and timing of the call and if we are right maybe that's because he felt free to add in or embellish some events (like Trayvon sneaking back after him and a fight that made him fearful of his life) that I just can't see fitting into the brief period between the end of the call and Travyon's shooting.

I have called the police department directly on a couple of occasions and it never occurred to me that the calls might be recorded.

I agree - it's hard not to feel bad for him. I really don't think he knew what would happen that night in any way. It will haunt him forever -regardless of what happens at trial.

Shybrina does pull at your heartstrings, I pray for her strength.

I agree - it's hard not to feel bad for him. I really don't think he knew what would happen that night in any way. It will haunt him forever -regardless of what happens at trial.

Shybrina does pull at your heartstrings, I pray for her strength.

Her name is SYBRINA.

Yeah... how could he possibly think anything could 'happen' while chasing down a child with a 9mm gun?! That gun didn't shoot itself - it didn't just 'happen'. IMO

Her name is SYBRINA.

Yeah... how could he possibly think anything could 'happen' while chasing down a child with a 9mm gun? That gun didn't shoot itself.

As has been stated many times before, Trayvon was not a child. Please post links to support your statement I have bolded. ~Thanks~

chasing down a child with a 9mm gun

Her name is SYBRINA.

Yeah... how could he possibly think anything could 'happen' while chasing down a child with a 9mm gun?! That gun didn't shoot itself - it didn't just 'happen'. IMO

Yes, I know her name is Sybrina - haven't put in my contacts yet!

I don't see how he could have been "chasing" him, although that sounds much more dramatic. I also don't think he had any intention of using his gun. You could hear him begging for help - I think he was horrified when he was yelling, but no one would help him. I just don't feel like shooting him was his intent until it was too late.

FWIW I think probably worse things can happen if you chase down an adult because children are less likely to shoot you back.

As has been stated many times before, Trayvon was not a child. Please post links to support your statement I have bolded. ~Thanks~

Is a teenager a child? Is a kid a child? He referred to Trayvon with both descriptions, so he knew he was a child, imo.

Yes, I know her name is Sybrina - haven't put in my contacts yet!

I don't see how he could have been "chasing" him, although that sounds much more dramatic. I also don't think he had any intention of using his gun. You could hear him begging for help - I think he was horrified when he was yelling, but no one would help him. I just don't feel like shooting him was his intent until it was too late.

We know GZ was running and following him, so that equals chase, imo.

FWIW I think probably worse things can happen if you chase down an adult because children are less likely to shoot you back.

You don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that a 17 year old can have a gun, especially in that town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201