Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to watch on the Genest video, how TLM, whom we know, by her own admission, can be a violent person, become putty in the hands of MTR.

Interesting indeed, not to mention sickening!!

MOO

I can't open up the raw videos of the detention center from LFP but I got a glimpse of MR cracking TLM's back, that's not a bearhug as was reported. She claims to have scoliosis so she may have asked him to do it for her. I had a boyfriend who used to crack my back all the time for me. I see that as her trusting him, things that close people do for each other. Anyway, just an observation. JMO

http://www.edmontonsun.com/videos/1588126808001

How could MTR ever think that he could get away with it?

I knew it from the beginning. He will get what he deserves. I would say things are looking very good now for him to receive life!

I can't think of anything what the defence could do about that.

Can't help it but somewhat I'm already celebrating deep inside.

Destines seems to be a total joke. Does he really believe in his questions? That would be a wicked coincidence with two cars that are pretty much identical, wouldn't it?

I believe that he knows that all his defence is down the river.

MTR you don't fool nobody anymore.

My thoughts are with Tori's family since she disappeared and I am following everything since. I went through every thinkable emotion and I also cried a lot. It doesn't matter that I didn't know Victoria in person. I love every child and I can't handle it when they get hurt.

One thing is for sure: I hug my children now even closer.

Justice for Tori

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO

Nothing is private when you are arrested for what MTR has been charged for!

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO

I'm waaaaaay behind again.

It was probably me who said that. And indeed, the carrier I worked for and the department I was in which was billing, we didn't have text message content and it was part of our training to tell customers we didn't have that kind of info. However, it is possible that at a higher level of management they would have access to that, altho I can't say for sure because as I said, we were always told that we did not store text content. I have no idea how they would store the info, it's feasible for those who have small text packages, but for those who have unlimited text packages, I don't see companies spending money on harware to store thousands of customer text message content (we certainly don't tape customers who are having a phone conversation, so why would we keep their text messages, this isn't google or facebook, once you put something on the internet it's always out there in some form, nothing is private on the internet, but this is not the internet, it's your cell phone and customers can expect some privacy from their carriers). KWIM

We don't know how LE got access to the content of his text messages. They could have equipment that reads the hard drive of the phone even tho it was wiped, just like the hard drive of a puter (who knows what those sneaky cops can do :))

Nothing is private when you are arrested for what MTR has been charged for!

so I have read..but I thought someone on this site had stated that the body of a text message was NOT kept by the carrier... and when I stated that nothing is private anymore I meant that in a general sense of the matter...gee I would hate to think that some of those texts that I send to my hubby daily are being looked at by "big brother"..must rethink what I write in future and any statements that I make on my facebook...I would hate to think that some of my friends are reading something into them that I didn't mean.... JMO

testing for drug in a body is usually done with hair strands..I am sure they would have had sample of TS hair even after three months.. I know some drugs will dissipate over time but i wonder if this test was carried out... JMO

Hair drug testing can detect drug use over a much longer period of time,[19] which is often used for highly safety-critical positions where there is zero tolerance of illegal drug use.[20] Standard hair follicle screen covers a period of 30 to 90 days. The growth of hair is usually at the rate of 0.5*inches per month. The hair sample is cut close to the scalp and 80 to 120 strands of hair are needed for the test. In the absence of hair on the head, body hair can be used as an acceptable substitute.[19] Even if the person being tested has a shaved head, hair can also be taken from almost any other area of the body. This includes facial hair, the underarms, arms, and legs or even pubic hair.

ETA: sorry, forgot to add the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test#Hair_drug_testing

It doesn't sound like having drugs in your system for a few short hours would show up on a hair strand test since that wouldn't be enough time for significant hair growth. MOO

The split-screen thing was a good idea. It shows they were a team. JMO

TLM made a video appearance in court today for her other case (assault at Grand Valley)....she is pleading not guilty. Just heard this on the news....looking for a link.

Cannot find a link online yet.....

London Free Press ‏ @RaffertyLFP Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Lanna is finally done The Crown rests its case Court is adjourned until Tuesday

Are you kidding me... Lets get the pony show on the road already. "Justice for Victoria." that is in my yelling voice.

I sure hope the jury is compensated for all of these legal argument days and free days. If not I imagine they would be tired of the endless delays. JMO

I may have missed this info, but would like to know MR's cell phone activity the moment (if possible) the video surveillance of Oliver Stephen's School was released to the public, specifically TLM leading TS away from the school.

Did he use some of those rocks and stones to build anything else!!!!!

MOO

TLM Assault Charge case...

Convicted killer Terri-Lynne McClintic will go to trial on charges of assault causing bodily harm stemming from a fight between her and another inmate at the women’s prison in Kitchener.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...rial-in-kitchener-after-prison-assault-charge

JMO ....she is already serving a life sentence, she will get nothing further from this, but yet, the time and money that this case will cost.....
Work hard everyone....We are paying for this!!!!!

TLM made a video appearance in court today for her other case (assault at Grand Valley)....she is pleading not guilty. Just heard this on the news....looking for a link.

Cannot find a link online yet.....

thanks for that...

In response to comments about Victoria possibly being drugged, it seems to me that grown women comply with stranger when facing nothing more than a knife. The case of Dru Sjodin comes to mind. She was in a parking lot in North Dakota, was confronted by Alfonso Rodriguez, he had a knife and she went with him ... found months later in a field. If MR had a knife, I suspect that Victoria would have complied ... and since she was so young, maybe all it took was a promise that if she comply, remain quiet and still, she will be allowed to go home. I doubt that she was drugged, but she may have been hit or injured shortly after the abduction.

ETA: sorry, forgot to add the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_test#Hair_drug_testing

It doesn't sound like having drugs in your system for a few short hours would show up on a hair strand test since that wouldn't be enough time for significant hair growth. MOO

I must have watched too many CSI type show ha..but I do remember a few years back when that little girl was kidnapped in Portugal that they mentioned hair testing of her two siblings because it was claimed the parents gave them something to make them sleep while they went to dinner...JMO

maybe it's the courts reasoning that now the crown has presented their last piece of evidence that maybe the jury would need some time to digest that and the defence may want to show their side at the beginning of the week without a break in between..sounds reasonable to me..we need to remember that someone's life is at stake here and I am assuming his lawyer and our Cdn. courts want to get it right... I know we here on this site who are following this trial want it over and done with but we are not on trial so I am glad that tomorrow is not a court day because it is a Friday and I for one would like to see a continuous flow to the defences side..... JMO

Too bad Victoria wasn't afforded that "break".

Regarding MR having no criminal record, now the jury will take into consideration the fact that MR just never got caught in the past.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member