LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just asked if any of the traffic cameras record or are they there simply for people to know the amount of traffic on a particular road. It hasn't been answered yet.

My God I miss boudin. The last time I bought some here I should have known something was off because it was spelled "boudain".

It had cilantro in it. We nearly yammed in the kitchen sink.

sacre bleu!

2:19
Comment From michele
How is the family doing?

2:20
Megan Wyatt: michele: They are able to hold it together for public appearances, but they are all sick over Mickey's disappearance. Nancy Rowe, Mickey's mother, is finally able to keep food down and get some sleep. For the first several days of Mickey's disappearance, she said she could not eat or sleep whatsoever.

2:19
Comment From michele
How is the family doing?
2:20
Megan Wyatt: michele: They are able to hold it together for public appearances, but they are all sick over Mickey's disappearance. Nancy Rowe, Mickey's mother, is finally able to keep food down and get some sleep. For the first several days of Mickey's disappearance, she said she could not eat or sleep whatsoever.

2:21
Comment From Jim
did the drivers of the two found vehicles see anything at all?
AmandaMcElfresh: Jim: No, at least nothing that was relevant to the investigation.

Hi all im a long time lurker on these boards and being that this case is so close to home (I live in Lake Charles) I have naturally been keeping up with this story. I just noticed on the FB message it says something along the lines of bringing Mickey back to Lafayette. I thought that was interesting wording to use. Thoughts?

:welcome4:

Comment From Jim
did the drivers of the two found vehicles see anything at all?
AmandaMcElfresh: Jim: No, at least nothing that was relevant to the investigation.

Or nothing LE released to the media.

hi all im a long time lurker on these boards and being that this case is so close to home (i live in lake charles) i have naturally been keeping up with this story. I just noticed on the fb message it says something along the lines of bringing mickey back to lafayette. I thought that was interesting wording to use. Thoughts?

welcome!!

Comment From Ann
Has the police ruled out that she simply left on her own will??
2:22
Megan Wyatt: Ann: I don't believe the police have ruled anything out yet, but the footage of her biking early Saturday morning and the fact that her bicycle was found at Whiskey Bay seem to point in the direction that she did not leave on her own will. Friends and family also describe her as very regular and dependable and do not believe she would do that.

Comment From Ann
Has the police ruled out that she simply left on her own will??
2:22
Megan Wyatt: Ann: I don't believe the police have ruled anything out yet, but the footage of her biking early Saturday morning and the fact that her bicycle was found at Whiskey Bay seem to point in the direction that she did not leave on her own will. Friends and family also describe her as very regular and dependable and do not believe she would do that.

2:23
Comment From Melinda
Is the FBI helping LPD with this case?

Megan Wyatt: Melinda: Yes.

Comment From Melinda
Is the FBI helping LPD with this case?

Megan Wyatt: Melinda: Yes.

GMA has gone the way of Huff PO and NG in these cases...they always seem to add a detail no one else has...:( It is like a talk show, not a news show.

The resumption of volunteer searches is kind of discouraging, in a way. Shows, to me anyway, that LE is NOT closer.

Comment From Lauren
Any reason why LE only took 24 hours to search Whiskey Bay? Did they find something that led them to believe Mickey wasn't there? Seems awfully soon to stop searching there.

2:24
AmandaMcElfresh: Lauren: The police said they didn't find anything else significant there besides the bike. The timeframe seems short but there were a LOT of police out there very quickly, so you had several people searching.

Hi all im a long time lurker on these boards and being that this case is so close to home (I live in Lake Charles) I have naturally been keeping up with this story. I just noticed on the FB message it says something along the lines of bringing Mickey back to Lafayette. I thought that was interesting wording to use. Thoughts?
My guess would be that law enforcement has told the family that with her bike being found in Whiskey Bay, that in all likelihood she's not in Lafayette anymore.

Comment From Lauren
Any reason why LE only took 24 hours to search Whiskey Bay? Did they find something that led them to believe Mickey wasn't there? Seems awfully soon to stop searching there.

AmandaMcElfresh: Lauren: The police said they didn't find anything else significant there besides the bike. The timeframe seems short but there were a LOT of police out there very quickly, so you had several people searching.

GMA has gone the way of Huff PO and NG in these cases...they always seem to add a detail no one else has...:( It is like a talk show, not a news show.

The resumption of volunteer searches is kind of discouraging, in a way. Shows, to me anyway, that LE is NOT closer.

In all seriousness, I've gotten more facts about some US news from the BBC than from any US news outlet.

Comment From eleven
Do the police have any suspects?

2:25
AmandaMcElfresh: No suspects yet.

Comment From john
where will the majority of the volunteer searchers begin tomorrow?
Comment From Jim
will the volunteer search parties be allowed into the basin? Sherburne? Army corps of engineers land?

2:26
AmandaMcElfresh: The searches will start at Blackham Coliseum at 8 a.m. I haven't heard of which areas they will be looking at. I think that is part of today's break and re-grouping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500