LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment From Guest
Any possibility that this case is linked to the girl that went missing two days after Mickey in Picayune, MS?
---
AmandaMcElfresh: I've heard about the Picayne, Miss. case but haven't had a lot of time to look into it. Police have said they don't think Mickey's case is tied to any others but I'm sure they will keep looking at new cases for possible connections. Can't 100 percent rule anything out yet.

2:33
Comment From Debbie
If she was reported missing Saturday evening why was she not oficially considered a missing person until Monday? What, if anything did LE do on Saturday and Sunday to find her?
2:34
AmandaMcElfresh: Debbie: Police took a report from her family around 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19, then canvassed the Ryan Street area. There was some info about an ultimately unrelated case that prompted detectives to look into the Mickey case further on Sunday afternoon (5/20).

I'm getting all my news first right here! Keep up the great work you guys.

2:35
Comment From theresa
Is Mickey still considered a Missing Person, or do they now consider this to be an Abduction?
2:35
AmandaMcElfresh: Police are still classifying it as a missing person case.

Hi all im a long time lurker on these boards and being that this case is so close to home (I live in Lake Charles) I have naturally been keeping up with this story. I just noticed on the FB message it says something along the lines of bringing Mickey back to Lafayette. I thought that was interesting wording to use. Thoughts?

:welcome:

:wagon:

I have to leave to go to the hospital for my aunt that was brought in and having emergency surgery (unknown reasons...but doesn't look good at all) but hopefully some of our unanswered questions will be brought up in the live chat.

what about my own questions? i copied what i asked...just deleted it to save you the time

We can only copy and paste up to 10% of what is on the site, which doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of room!

The best thing is to comment on what was said and link. You must link!

And if it is something you asked, that's fine. Just bear in mind the 10% rule!!!

I have to leave to go to the hospital for my aunt that was brought in and having emergency surgery (unknown reasons...but doesn't look good at all) but hopefully some of our unanswered questions will be brought up in the live chat.

Best wishes and a prayer for your aunt.

LPD still classifying this as a missing persons case - not an abduction - according to the Advertiser's Amanda McElfresh.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/intera.../LIVE-2-Live-chat-about-search-Mickey-Shunick

McElfresh adds that "several" K9 units have been used in the search for Mickey.

Interestingly, the Advertiser is not giving the Find Mickey Now email address, McElfresh saying that there is not one for tips, and giving only the phone tips line: 337-291-8633.

Gosh, good luck.

Raceland.. On the way to NOLA via hwy 90.. Also, the way to Port Fourchon. :)

Haha yes, that would be it! Although I know I travel hwy 90 ALL the time and still don't know which road that is - I'm horrible with directions and street/hwy names and pretty much have to use a GPS every where I go unless I travel that way often...you can see how this case if VERY confusing to me! :)

Best wishes and a prayer for your aunt.

Thanks! Once I get to the hospital, I will be able to get on my phone using Tapatalk. But it's so hard to catch back up if you are gone, even if it's for a short amount of time. I'll just have to do my best.

<modsnip>

I STILL have not been able to pinpoint the bike location.

Looking at Google Earth, there is no way the bike could have been "off Exit 127" and in the water under the Basin Bridge. There is no water ANYWHERE under the exit ramp.

I'm still thinking it was in the water under the bridge just EAST of Exit 127, where the canal leading east from the boat launch begins. That makes sense.

But if so, it was either dropped from the bridge or thrown there from a boat. You can't get there with a truck.

The inability of people to communicate this is maddening.

We can only copy and paste up to 10% of what is on the site, which doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of room!

The best thing is to comment on what was said and link. You must link!

And if it is something you asked, that's fine. Just bear in mind the 10% rule!!!

I deleted about 4 or 5 of them. 2 are from earlier and it won't let me delete.

I don't like her answer at all! I STILL have not been able to pinpoint the bike location.

Looking at Google Earth, there is no way the bike could have been "off Exit 127" and in the water under the Basin Bridge. There is no water ANYWHERE under the exit ramp.

I'm still thinking it was in the water under the bridge just EAST of Exit 127, where the canal leading east from the boat launch begins. That makes sense.

But if so, it was either dropped from the bridge or thrown there from a boat. You can't get there with a truck.

The inability of people to communicate this is maddening.

What I just copied was less than 10% of that chat. Is that OK?

At some point, legitimate breaking news on an evolving chat needs to be looked at in a slightly different light than just copying whole news article

Otherwise, that's the same thing as saying we can't print what Cpl. Mouton said on TV in a press conference, isn't it?

part of the background above the rear of the bed was sharpened along with the truck and appears to be a part of the bed... it is not... look again ... imagine cutting out the pic of only the truck with all background removed... trace the outline in your head... sometimes it also helps to look at the pic reduced (smaller) as pixelated is not what your brain is use to seeing...

hope that helped

I think there are at least two people in the truck.....what's your opinion?
(I zoomed in 400%) TIA

"BTW, there are not 200 offenders near the Gov. Miro house, it's about 200 between Ryan Street and Gov. Miro along the route she most likely took."

WTF, 200 RSO? Is she serious? :what:

I mean, hold onto your copies off the board. LOL.

Thanks! :grouphug:

Feel free to discuss what they are saying, though! Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500