LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a suspicious looking boat I just saw dumped in carencro on university. Should I call tip line or police dept? It's freaking me out cause its a block from my mothers? Someone please answer

A boat was dumped in Carencro? What makes it suspicious? Maybe try Carencro PD if you feel it could be reported to LE.

It's a slippery slope, though. At what point does it stop? Where do the implanted tracking devices become reality?

Also, my thinking and this is TOTALLY tin-foil hat paranoia but...if the govt has my DNA then theoretically they could clone me down the road if/when that becomes a reality. If they had DNA for every citizen then they have way too much access to me - even just health information itself. end OT.

But DLT disposed of the bodies on land, not in the water. Correct? If it was a psychopath with a copycat mindset, would he not have done the same?

Of course, everyone around there knows that it is a desolate and undesirable place. It would be a natural place to dispose of something quickly. You could drop it off and be back on the road in less than 5 minutes.

They should just close that exit entirely.

Why did I think Kenamore and the last victim were in water?

A scary read: I'm watching you. Based on DTL's crimes!

Hello. I'm so far behind I doubt I'll be able to catch up although I want peeps to know that I have had a breakthrough regarding the white trucks; no. 1 is not no. 3 but is no. 2 with the cover and tinted windows which is no. 1 in the elimination announcement, etc.

That said, I can't understand why, if LE wants the public to be on the lookout for a specific truck, they are putting out such confusing statements. Imo LE's explanation of which truck they eliminated, {considering how closely you have to read it in combination with prior statements to figure out if the trucks are connected or not, considering the truck causing the confusion is the image they released first,} couldn't be more obscure. Kind of like this sentence, huh?

Wth? LE's communication is strange if you ask me. Why not say, 'the image of the truck that had been heading toward University Avenue that was released the same day the images of MS were released, has been cleared.

Also, the truck with the bed cover and tinted windows has been cleared as well.' Who cares if they're the same truck or not? Really!

I have not been following the numbering scheme, so please clarify what you found.

A) Truck on St. Landry in left turning lane at University
B) Truck on St. Landry driving away from University
C) Truck heading north on University

So which is correct according to your research?

A=C or B=C

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm still looking for certain discriptions of young women missing or unidentified around the area in LA. Found this one. I'll post these as they come up for me.

Unidentified White Female
•Located on April 12, 1998 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
•Estimated Date of Death: 1-6 weeks prior
•Her body was decomposed.

The victim was located along I-49 near Lena in 1998. Her body was dumped where truck drivers typically park to rest. She could have been from almost anywhere since she was found along the interstate.
There were no clues left at the scene other than the body. The case has been treated as a homicide
http://doenetwork.org/cases/215ufla.html

mamamia54, the FBI has come a long way in their highway iniative since 2009. But still have much farther to go..

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609
Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend - The Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) maintains the largest investigative repository of major violent crime

04/06/09

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

But call who? Tip line isn't looking for a boat so I don't wanna call the wrong number to report this

I'd call the police tip line... you'll have to leave a message, but leave as much detail as you can on the location, boat, etc. If you could get the number off the side of the boat or a picture, I'm sure that would help.

Police tip line - 337-291-8633

Can anyone give me a quick update on this case? The last time I checked in, there was a night search that resulted in the discovery of a log. Are there new LE searches? Is there new evidence? Is there a POI or suspect? Has the Z71 owner been identified? Has LE indicated what they believe happened to Mickey?

No, DTL used Whiskey Bay to dump at least two of his victims. Pam Kinnamore and Carrie Yoder (not sure if this name is correct). I can't remember if there were more he dumped at WB, but Sean Gillis also dumped victims at Whiskey Bay. That is why the area concerns me and I hope it is just a coincidence.

I know he used Whiskey Bay, but I thought the bodies were left on land. Not put in the water.

There's a suspicious looking boat I just saw dumped in carencro on university. Should I call tip line or police dept? It's freaking me out cause its a block from my mothers? Someone please answer

What makes you think it was 'dumped' and someone isn't planning to use it? Am not a boat person.

Some will say that constantly recording/retaining records violates freedom. I don't agree and I'm one that feels that everyone's DNA/fingerprints should be in a databank for reference if needed. I do feel like my freedom is violated if I were to be attacked, harmed, killed if the perp goes unfound. Victims don't have rights!

I have extremely wavy lines in the sand.

I'm not giving up my fingerprints or DNA, but anybody can watch me 24/7.

Makes no sense. I have a semi-bifurcated personality. /jest

Can anyone give me a quick update on this case? The last time I checked in, there was a night search that resulted in the discovery of a log. Are there new LE searches? Is there new evidence? Is there a POI or suspect? Has the Z71 owner been identified? Has LE indicated what they believe happened to Mickey?

I am afraid there had been no new evidence since the bike was found in Whiskey Bay. That was May 26, I think.

It's really starting to bother me, that Mickey's case is so unlike any that have come before her. If this person isn't someone she knew, then why are there no other cases, other than this young girl that came forward about the truck that picked her up and dropped her off? If that would have been the same person, she wouldn't have been walking around today to talk about it.

Things just aren't adding up to me at the moment on Mickey's case. They just aren't. This isn't normal for a case.

Truthfully, this is why my heart sunk when I heard her bike was found at Whiskey Bay. I pray to God that I'm wrong, but the significance of that area could mean we do have a serial killer looking to follow in the footsteps of many including Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis (pretty sure there have been others).

DTL did have a record. He should have been considered before he was, but FBI's racial profiling method of the killer being the same race as the victims failed to prove correct in this case.

The DNA swabs of based on a tip worked in this case. My brother was swabbed in the case and was insulted, he didn't refuse. I know many are against such dragnets, but I can't help but think DTL would still be out there had it not been for the policy of swabbing every possible lead.

I had to address this part of your post. The FBI NEVER said that DTL was white. The "Task Force" did, and that was their mistake. The "Task Force" only released portions of the profile that they wanted the public to see. The whole profile was NEVER released until DTL was arrested. When the "Task Force" said he was white, the FBI didn't agree or disagree. However, it is rare to have a serial killer that crosses racial lines (if that's the right word). The "Task Force" couldn't find their way out of a paper bag when it was first formed. I think it was chance that DTL was swabbed and caught. If there ever was a "Task Force" on how to do all the wrong things, "The Baton Rouge Serial Killer Task Force" was it.

DTL should have been arrested years before he was. He fit the profile almost to perfection.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Why did I think Kenamore and the last victim were in water?

Because they were. Kinnamore and Yoder were both found in the water at Whiskey Bay. There was some distance between the locations, but currents could have been different. Kinnamore was technically found at the waters edge as if she had washed up on the edge. This may have been where the confusion had come from with the previous post.

Have searches been in progress today?

Also, my thinking and this is TOTALLY tin-foil hat paranoia but...if the govt has my DNA then theoretically they could clone me down the road if/when that becomes a reality. If they had DNA for every citizen then they have way too much access to me - even just health information itself. end OT.

You're preaching to the choir with me. My politics run to laissez faire, both economically and when it comes to my personal freedoms. My liberties decrease in direct proportion to how big government gets. At this point, though, it's like turning the titanic. Scary stuff, from my historical perspective. No way the gvmt should have my health history.

/my 2 cents, end OT also

I know I've asked this at least twice, but may have missed the answer, because of real life, etc.

Did LE search the abandoned hospital with dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal