GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. You think that she did make a lot more than $50 a day? I know that dancing can be lucrative but it really depends on the clubs and how much money their clientele has to burn.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/17/AR2009051702053.html

In the article about Hillary (I think, may have been other girl murdered) it said she had made $94 dollars that night, and was looking to "earn some extra cash" after work to make ends meet. I thought it would be a lot more, too, but I guess it just depends. If she averaged ~$90 on weekdays, that's not much at all after you back out cab, $50 hotel room, etc.

Is there a press conference today to release the video and the name of the man she left with?

I hope if the stab wound to the back was fatal, she never saw what was coming. A small mercy.

As far as the dismemberment, I still believe she was likely killed close to where she lived/worked, transported to the water around rush hour in luggage or coolers or storage tubs and dumped where she'd be found in short order. She was not a large person. One person could have transported her or it could have been more than one person.

I don't believe the possibility of a single killer who carried out the dismemberment and disposal should be dismissed.

In the article about Hillary (I think, may have been other girl murdered) it said she had made $94 dollars that night, and was looking to "earn some extra cash" after work to make ends meet. I thought it would be a lot more, too, but I guess it just depends. If she averaged ~$90 on weekdays, that's not much at all after you back out cab, $50 hotel room, etc.

Food, clothes, cosmetics, cell phones... If she tanned or got spray tanned, that can be spendy. Multiple colors and a cut can be pretty expensive to maintain. JL had to maintain her appearance for her job.

Did she smoke? Smoking's expensive.

These are tough times to try to live hand to mouth and be attractive.

Just wanted to clarify the article you're referring to was about Angela Ball . (Sadly there were *zero* articles about Hilllary)
Here is the article http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/08/stripper_came_to_new_orleans_f.html

There have been conflicting reports regarding whether she was stabbed in the chest or in the back.

I listened to this today, and it reminded me of Jaren. There has been a lot of talk about the way Jaren lived her life. Take a moment to enjoy this song, think of Jaren and remember that she was someone special.

U2 - Running To Stand Still (Chicago Live) - YouTube

And so she woke up
Woke up from where she was lying still
Said I gotta do something about where we're going
Step on a steam train
Step out of the driving rain
Maybe run from the darkness in the night

Thank you. It suits this tragedy.

If the person drove that far, it may have been nearing daylight before she was dumped.

Allowing time for the nightmarish work in between, I'm thinking rush hour or later.

I have no idea how long something like that would take. It almost had to have taken place in a private residence. It's not something that can be accomplished in an alley or a gas station rest room.

Or a boat...but if it was done on a boat, JL would have had to be transported to the vessel.

It's just not clear to me right now who is leading this investigation. I assume they are working collaboratively. I hope they're extremely organized. It might be beneficial that she was found in Mississippi. They seem to be all over this case. I'm not sure she'd receive the same treatment in New Orleans, where they may be short on police officers these days. I get the impression that New Orleans has more than its share of crime to deal with.

Allowing time for the nightmarish work in between, I'm thinking rush hour or later.

I have no idea how long something like that would take. It almost had to have taken place in a private residence. It's not something that can be accomplished in an alley or a gas station rest room.

Or a boat...but if it was done on a boat, JL would have had to be transported to the vessel.

I haven't ruled out a houseboat or yacht.

I haven't ruled out a houseboat or yacht.

That makes sense.

That would mean the dismemberment was done for a reason other than transportation.

And more than one person was present and/or participated.

Only news I see so far:
Leads being followed in New Orleans dancer's death -
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...ads-being-followed-New-Orleans-dancer-s-death
No mention of video being released today.

Dear Moderator: If this has already been posted, please delete it; I'm at work & haven't read every post, thnx!
Quote from article:
"New Orleans police also say they have obtained video surveillance of the area, which indicates Lockhart left her job at the club, accompanied by another male and female.
A report from affiliate WWL-TV said NOPD intends to release the video by tomorrow morning, Tuesday."
http://actionnews17.com/News/AllNew...murdered-woman-who-grew-up-on-Northshore.aspx

I guess we'll just have to wait & see if that happens today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member