LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the City of Lafayette uses street sweepers in
the area that Mickey was seen?

It seems almost impossible for her to have been in an accident...
and for all of her friends to do an immediate search....
and nothing found.

Biking friends...what would you do if you had a flat in that area
at that time of night? Could she stop and repair? Call a friend?

Wish we knew more. Wish the LPD would release more information.

thanks, I skimmed right over that!!

now I am going to have to google to see if anything ever came out of that.

Wow and to be flown home on a private jet? Hope dad owned the company!

Actually, so did I. I skimmed the article and only noticed today's date at the top.

I thought it sounded suspect as well but didn't want to say that at the moment.

I have never thought Mickey engineered her own disappearance and I still don't. This young lady, I wasn't so sure about but at least there was a happy ending. Hoping the same for Mickey's family.

K.

Q: 'Could someone summarize on a 3" x 5" note card the progress of the case in the last two weeks?'

A1: 'I could to it on a 1" x 2" notecard!'

A2: 'I wouldn't need a note card at all!'

'wfgodt, the only progress that I can remember in this case over the last two weeks was the 3 donors coming forward to insure PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR JORDAN HAMLETT efforts in Mickey's case'..

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/06/18/websleuths-radio

PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR JORDAN HAMLETT OF AVERLOCK INVESTIGATIONS

www.averlockinvestigations.com

MR. HAMLETT IS INVESTIGATING THE CASE OF MISSING 21 YEAR OLD MICKEY SHUNICK IN LOUISIANA.

Mickeys' family are free to hire any PI they choose. If they are satisfied with their choice, then I can understand them being miffed at being portrayed as clueless and incompetent to make the decision on who to hire. As for "donors" hiring their own PI.....donors to what? The reward? Do we now have tips going to LE, the PI hired by the family and the PI hired by "donors"? :twocents:

Q: 'Could someone summarize on a 3" x 5" note card the progress of the case in the last two weeks?'

I can do it in 3 letters.

DWT

Abdella was on local news as of last night saying he had some strong leads...still waiting for a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat yet there is nothing.I have been keeping my eyes open for the white Z71 and taking the necessary steps in reporting what I do come across. IMO there's either a person that does not care if they're seen in their truck or the truck is simply not around anymore...could be sold, dumped, dismantled who knows. There has to be some type of distinguishable marking on that DWT or something to go off of to distinguish it from all 5,000 white Z71's floating around the Lafayette area. Being the bike was damaged according to LE, there very well could be damage to the front bumper, fender, bumper skirting, or elsewhere on the DWT.:rant:

Abdella was on local news as of last night saying he had some strong leads...still waiting for a rabbit to be pulled out of a hat yet there is nothing.I have been keeping my eyes open for the white Z71 and taking the necessary steps in reporting what I do come across. IMO there's either a person that does not care if they're seen in their truck or the truck is simply not around anymore...could be sold, dumped, dismantled who knows. There has to be some type of distinguishable marking on that DWT or something to go off of to distinguish it from all 5,000 white Z71's floating around the Lafayette area. Being the bike was damaged according to LE, there very well could be damage to the front bumper, fender, bumper skirting, or elsewhere on the DWT.:rant:

RE: Abdella was on local news as of last night saying he had some strong leads...
RebelReaper, do you have a link for Abdela's TV inteview last night

If I felt threatened, I'd stop in a well lit area, with video surveillance if possible, and call for help, a cab, a friend, which is what I believe Mickey might have been doing. I'm flabbergasted that she stopped at all. Bikers Idaho stop or go go go. I think she knew something was wrong, and she made one hell of a smart move, she got in front of a visible bubble camera. I agree with those that say the bike is under the right front truck tire, and I think she herself is visible under the roadwork sign. Some feel this has "been debunked", however I do not.
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

RE: Abdella was on local news as of last night saying he had some strong leads...
RebelReaper, do you have a link for Abdela's TV inteview last night

It was actually my mother who notified me that he was on the news. I cannot seem to find a link to it. I am guessing she was watching KLFY TV 10.

Mickeys' family are free to hire any PI they choose. If they are satisfied with their choice, then I can understand them being miffed at being portrayed as clueless and incompetent to make the decision on who to hire. As for "donors" hiring their own PI.....donors to what? The reward? Do we now have tips going to LE, the PI hired by the family and the PI hired by "donors"? :twocents:

The family did not originally hire the PI representing them. He too was hired by an outsider. It was only recently that they have hired him. Charlie Sunick, Mickey's sister, said they don't mind ACI working on the case.

Donors to help find Mickey.

It happens all the time in these cases that donors pay for PIs. ACI is legit. The family doesn't mind him working on Mickey's case. PIs often get leads because people won't talk to police. It has been said on numerous occasions that when people have called the other guy, their calls go unanswered or unreturned. It was some of these people frustrated with what they feel was a lack of effort, that hired another PI. The more pros on the job, the better the chance of finding Mickey. ACI has already stated that he will turn over important info to LE.
Period. The end.

Waiting1979, that photo you have in question is just another example of photo matrixing. It's when images either blend in with each other or are taken from a far distance causing things to blend in making the shapes you are seeing. Also if you follow the timeline of events it appears Mickey was hauling butt on her bike. For the truck to possibly hit her bike at that point she would have had to halt to a dead stop. Thing's IMO do not add up. I am still perplexed by the light source under the truck. Unless there is a crystal clear photo of the truck we will not know. I am sure if she was hit at this point LE would have let people know.

'One of the many excellent questions asked of A.C.I. in the WS interview last night was:
Have the RSO's in the LA vicinity of Mickey's abduction been questioned? His answer was; yes.

As, in the Terry Christopher Speaks, arrested in the NOLO investigation of Jaren Lockhart murder/dismemberment, or the Megan Maxwell(TN) abduction/rape/murder. Many of these cases are comitted by absconded RSOs from another state or SOs from another country.

The number of absconded RSOs in the US are astounding. Coupled with those that have yet to be identified, and the number that offended prior to the RSO Law going into effect. The RSOs residing in the vicinity of Mickey Schunick's abduction are only a fraction of the true numbers.
"Chasing rabbits, imo"..

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=3893

Sex Offender Tracking

With as many as 100,000 registered sex offenders in the United States whose whereabouts are unknown, expanding the ability to link these offenders to open and unresolved missing and exploited child cases across broad time and geographic parameters is of great potential benefit.

The primary goal of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Sex Offender Tracking Team is to support federal, state, and local law enforcement by providing assistance in identifying and locating noncompliant/fugitive registered sex offenders.

:banghead:

that's how we all feel. I'm pursuing theories I don't believe in, like the carnival workers in the Iron River Mountain area of Missouri. I found and saved the locations of no less than 6 white trucks, but I have an un-American about posting them. doesn't feel right, none of this does.

Fotball Mom, it is referred too as the DWT(damn white truck) on this thread, due to the confusion it has caused. As for our latest info from LPD, it is still a VOI.

FootballMom, what other case? Gotta a link?

Thank you for the quick reply... apologies for my delay in replying to yours.

I don't want to link the other case without another set(s) of eyes viewing the attached image to see if there might be a match... I don't want to mistakenly connect without more assurance & confirmation.

I am by no means an automotive expert and cannot tell one make/model from the next... nor do I know how easily bed covers are added & replaced. Perhaps someone here can tell if this is the same type of truck.

Thanks!

Attachments

• white truck.jpg
    white truck.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 243

Yea, waiting for news in this case is like waiting for Godot, I say!

Waiting1979, that photo you have in question is just another example of photo matrixing. It's when images either blend in with each other or are taken from a far distance causing things to blend in making the shapes you are seeing. Also if you follow the timeline of events it appears Mickey was hauling butt on her bike. For the truck to possibly hit her bike at that point she would have had to halt to a dead stop. Thing's IMO do not add up. I am still perplexed by the light source under the truck. Unless there is a crystal clear photo of the truck we will not know. I am sure if she was hit at this point LE would have let people know.

when you say hauling butt, you are referring to the black and white phot with the Olds going one way and a big nosed, round headlighted vehicle going the other, RIGHT? And Mickey is the object above the Olds.. I'm not convinced. I see someone with a white top, but it looks like a male physique to me, and I can't make myself see a bike.. not with conviction. The only thing I added was a red circle. I see something there, under the sign at ANY resolution. As stated before, I changed pixels from 72 dot per inch to something higher > auto levels > auto contrast. I don't think that adds a whole human figure, as for blending, I don't think so. Sure would be nice to see a license cam shot, higher res, modern cam.....I'm sorry this happened.

[/ATTACH]
Thank you both for the quick reply... apologies for my delay in replying to yours.

I don't want to link the other case without another set(s) of eyes viewing the attached image to see if there might be a match... I don't want to mistakenly connect without more assurance & confirmation.

I am by no means an automotive expert and cannot tell one make/model from the next... nor do I know how easily bed covers are added & replaced. Perhaps someone here can tell if this is the same time of truck.

Thanks!

Upon further inspection, the trim at the bottom reminds me of the F-150 King Ranch Edition. Year is uncertain..but it looks 2004 - ?

Attachments

• kr150.jpg
    kr150.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 20
If Mickey actually made it on her bike closer to home....lets say a neighborhood with houses. I wonder if any of those houses have a man living alone that could have been out walking his dog or something like that. It could have been a neighbor or someone in her neighborhood that had his eye on her. And it was a chance of oppertunity. I know a few cases where a neighbor has had something to do with missing children....maybe it is the same with Mickey. Just a thought ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500