LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BSL's original WT have a bed cover on it? Can't remember, thanks.

I know personally that the reporters on 07/13/12 @ 9:30pm CST Fox News 8 New Orleans, made that statement. Now, was it listed in the article? I dunno, w/my cell phone only Net Access I wasn't able to see it, but I did provide the link to their statement online per my googling their broadcast to ensure proper source back tracking, even w/just my cell access, I'm big on that. Oh, btw, I watched the broadcast and posted about the Jeff Parish Deputy Incident Report, because the local news was reporting the story. Actually, they spoke about it aprox 3 x's from different 'angles' the Chief stating he did not believe she was alive, but still held out hope, the potential Grand Jury appearance by Deputy (along w/excerpts of his report) and one other item I can't recall because I was busy typing notes on my junk cell phone, so I could post the update/story on WS. *winks* and that's why I always try o give enough detail if not source info/links, so ppl w/better access equipment than myself (I.e. The whole world) can find available data/facts.

I was just using that as an example not saying that specific detail was referenced as fact or rumor. :) Sorry if you thought I was calling you out.

I believe the major crime scene is at his home. And it quiet possible that he used luminol to clean up, he removed skirting boards which makes me think there was alot of blood, I'm surprised he didn't change carpet or flooring. I hope he had carpet, you will be surprised how much stays in carpet. Even if he did clean up they will still be able to see patterns of blood either pools or splatters. No Matter how good you clean some sort of evidence is always left behind. I'm surprised he didn't just burn the mobile home down.
Good point! He may have removed the skirting boards to clean up the underside of the trailer and the ground beneath the trailer where blood may have seeped from above.

Question....BSL stated that his wallet was stolen in the police report in NOLA. So his driver's license was obviously there. Would his TWIC card for offshore probably also be there? If so, he'd have to get that 'replaced' in a certain period of time, I imagine. Anyone know how difficult it would be to get a replacement if he had done so to cover his story of his wallet being stolen?

I just saw a post on Katc facebook from yesterday that someone saw Texas Equusearch searching on 187 in Church point. Does anyone know if Equusearch is officially back searching? Or was the poster mistaking volunteers for Equusearch?

I just saw a post from Texas Equusearch's facebook page saying that they are back in Lafayette searching for Mickey and that no volunteers will be used on searches. I would link but am on an iphone and don't know how to.

I just saw a post from Texas Equusearch's facebook page saying that they are back in Lafayette searching for Mickey and that no volunteers will be used on searches. I would link but am on an iphone and don't know how to.

*to clarify...only Equusearch members will be searching for Mickey. No civilian volunteers.

I was up all night thinking about Mickey and BSL (i hate to even have their names in the same sentence). While on this thought I wondered why he would use WB, and then on to think of DTL. I know Trineisha Dene Colomb was not found at WB, but on Renaud DR. in Scott, just a little distance from where my husband works. Then it reminded me of the field where Dene was found. So I started searching when I woke up this morning.
If you take the little walkie man down Renaud DR. on E on the map you can see where Dene's Cross is. Maybe this would be a good place to search. If he took Bertrand going out of Lafayette.
http://goo.gl/maps/8uwc

Attachments

• Dene Colomb Cross.jpg
    Dene Colomb Cross.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 37
I just saw a post on Katc facebook from yesterday that someone saw Texas Equusearch searching on 187 in Church point. Does anyone know if Equusearch is officially back searching? Or was the poster mistaking volunteers for Equusearch?
187 or 178? I only see 178 on the map.

I was speaking from BSL's perspective after he hit her.

I meant it may have STARTED as vehicular manslaughter in his mind - if she were badly injured.... or at least injuring someone by accidentally running them down.

His actions may not have been preplanned - yet after he hit her, then he did what he did over his fear of returning to prison.
A few years in prison would have been preferable to life in prison or a death penalty for murder.

Some friends of mine were being searched once and the cop found mace in one of their purses and he told them it was "useless" in an attack. I'm sure there are exceptions but for the most part it probably is just a false sense of protection.

i've always heard the same as well. and you usually get some in your eyes as well, especially if its at all windy outside

I was just using that as an example not saying that specific detail was referenced as fact or rumor. :) Sorry if you thought I was calling you out.

No worries, didn't think that, but as it was mentioned, and since I couldn't access what Fox did or did not post from the broadcast, I wanted to make sure that others knew the source reference info and it wasn't a rumor. *smiles* I can deal w/opinion whether I agree w/it or not, but I can't stand rumors (plus they get good forums ppl/I myself want to see/access pulled.)

Valid point, so don't worry I didn't take it wrong. I apologize if I came across that way, and will also explain that I have an on-going health issue and I can sometimes come across sharper than I intend. If that happens, I do welcome ppl letting me know, because in general, respect and common courtesy or politely agreeing to disagree are my intention, never otherwise. *smiles* As I said, good point, I'm a freak for details and "real" sourcing! *winks* *smiles*

I don't think the death penalty would bother him. Capital punishment has been abolished for many years in Australia I think the last time was in the 70s somewhere anyway that's not important lol but I don't believe death would bother him, his obviously going to spend the rest of his life in jail and will not be able to feed his "needs" so death in his case wouldn't be such a bad outcome. Also he wouldn't have to endure abuse in jail. And I also think it would be his last control thing and knowing that when he does they may never find her remains. JMO.

I have finally had time to have a good look at bsl neck wound. I am not a medical professiOnal quiet yet but IMO I'd say that looking at his neck it was more of a "slash" wound rather than a stab. Althought I haven't seen his other wounds I'd also say that this is the case in the other areas he has wounds. After he sought medical attention, he was fine to go home, I would say he was sent away with a prescription of antibiotics and Probally education on how to clean and dress his wounds. My reasoning behind these thoughts is he has a wound on the chest and if someone put force behind it it would have more than likely punctured a lung, causing it to collapse. I don't think any of his wounds were fatal I believe they were slashes that Probally bleed out a bit, caused him some pain, his body didn't go into shock so no organs were damaged. JMO, sorry if this doesn't make sense lol had a few to drink tonight:)

yes and slashes would be consistent with a boxcutter. i'm not sure why boxcutters would be carried for self defense??? :( wish she had something more substantial and she may have been find today. if she had they opportunity to stab him 4 times with a real knife especially in the areas like neck, chest and back, he probably would have been too injured to do all that he did

i'm just now catching up in the thread and i had such a sense of pride that mickey was able to cause him such injury. way to go girl!

Was this already posted? I'm so happy to see TES has returned.

07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY. No civilian volunteers will be allowed to search with us on this search.

http://texasequusearch.org/

yes and slashes would be consistent with a boxcutter. i'm not sure why boxcutters would be carried for self defense??? :( wish she had something more substantial and she may have been find today. if she had they opportunity to stab him 4 times with a real knife especially in the areas like neck, chest and back, he probably would have been too injured to do all that he did

i'm just now catching up in the thread and i had such a sense of pride that mickey was able to cause him such injury. way to go girl!

Sorry I don't know much about knives. Is a box cutter a Stanley knife? Yep the chest alone if puncture could've punctured the heart or lungs, putting his body into shock and dieing within minutes. :( if only

Does anyone know why Mickeys personal Facebook is deleted? It's been deleted for some time but was active at the beginning of the investigation. It seems like her friends wouldn't want to delete it because they would enjoy reading old posts from her. Do you think LE deleted it?

it has probably just been made private and unsearchable to anyone that is not already on her friends list

i've always heard the same as well. and you usually get some in your eyes as well, especially if its at all windy outside

In case you didn't see my prior post about advances in mace technology. They now have a gel mace available that comes out in a sticky stream, and sticks to the attackers face, also lessen potential for 'blow back' onto the sprayer's face (significantly), it's been available for years. No, I do not rep any mace company, I'm just familiar w/the security industry, and LE supply.

Now, buy a $5 can of mace, and you get what you pay for...*shrugs*..just remember mace is for self defense, that means life threatening, so one might wish to consider investing in some mace that will actually save your life, and not cheap mace that just ticks someone off.

I don't want to log off WS's or I'd go grab a link to an available product (having issues logging back in today). But, the info is easily available online.

Sorry I don't know much about knives. Is a box cutter a Stanley knife? Yep the chest alone if puncture could've punctured the heart or lungs, putting his body into shock and dieing within minutes. :( if only

boxcutters are just used to cut cardboard boxes. it can't really cause life threatening injuries unless you slice an artery in the neck or wrist, which would be hard to do in a struggle. so therefore not a very good self defense weapon as it would only cause superficial injuries unless you're lucky

220px-Box-cutter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members