GUILTY OK - Patrick Misner for raping 4yo girl, Sapulpa, 2012

Still nothing about this slime on KATU.com. If he commits another violent crime while on the run, LE is going to have some explaining to do.

Agreed! Why wasn't DNA the first thing they checked since they had it?!?!?

Agreed! Why wasn't DNA the first thing they checked since they had it?!?!?

It takes some time to analyze DNA evidence because of backlog in the DNA labs. Sounds like they got preliminary results back a week or so ago.

I am thinking that they went with the victim's statement that her stepdad did it. And that is wrong on so many levels. Four yr olds who have been through a vicious crime like that are in no condition to say with any certainty who the perp was.

I wonder how long he stuck around after the attack? Were neighboring trailers searched?

I wonder if they assumed TB did it right from the start. So how much did they bother to look at anyone else?

All indications are that it does look like this family will stay together, at least at this point.
That is awesome... at least he isn't losing his family over this mistake. :woohoo:

She probably did not see the suspect's face at night... like I said before, many people in traumatic situations do this.

They remember the last person they saw before they went to sleep... then when they are attacked they identify that person as their attacker.

Or it appears they identify them, even if they don't... Even adults have made this mistake.

It's a bit like having a dream and being convinced it is real... waking up to a different situation and not being sure what's real.

It would be tough to believe any identification in this case unless it was backed up with DNA.

I was reading back on this thread and his family was saying in April that the DNA had come back and he was not a match, they also felt it was someone the family knew. They said Tommy had a disagreement with LE which led to his arrest, LE said statements made by the victim "pointed them in Braden's direction"..not sure if she ever came out and said it was him.
Many of the articles are no longer available, I wonder if this neighbor was ever interviewed on the news?

I think whoever was posting while ago that DNA came back was posting incorrect info. Once they got DNA results back (which was about a week ago) they let him go. There were rumors posted from the start that DNA matched or didn't match. Those were posted from the start, when there was no time to even analyze the DNA yet.

I can't belive I'm logging back on here and not only has Patrick Edward Misner not been apprehended, there is NOTHING about him on KATU.com, the Multnomah County Sherriff's website, or the Oregon State Police website!

They think he could be on foot hitchhiking. Somebody who doesn't know about this could let him in their car.

"Mr. Davis told KTUL.com that Misner may be on foot, hitchhiking and frequenting truck stops in Oregon."

http://www.ktul.com/story/19025426/authorities-searching-for-man-suspected-of-child-assault

That story is out of Tulsa, there is no local coverage or LE alerts in the Pacific NW, which is baffling to me. Especially if this guy may be hitchhiking, there needs to be fliers at rest stops, alerts on local radio, etc.

I think whoever was posting while ago that DNA came back was posting incorrect info. Once they got DNA results back (which was about a week ago) they let him go. There were rumors posted from the start that DNA matched or didn't match. Those were posted from the start, when there was no time to even analyze the DNA yet.

In a perfect world with no backlog they could have results in 72 hours. Even with a backlog, this has taken a very long time. I have no idea which lab they use but I think this would have been a high priority? The little girl in Utah that was killed, the DNA found on the perp seemed to be processed rather quickly. I will try to see if I can find any info on what happens in this state. 13 weeks seems like a very long time to me.
I only recall reading family members saying the DNA was not a match, his aunt specifically.

I was reading back on this thread and his family was saying in April that the DNA had come back and he was not a match, they also felt it was someone the family knew. They said Tommy had a disagreement with LE which led to his arrest, LE said statements made by the victim "pointed them in Braden's direction"..not sure if she ever came out and said it was him.
Many of the articles are no longer available, I wonder if this neighbor was ever interviewed on the news?

I might be getting all my cases mixed up but didn't someone say back in the beginning someone they interviewed on the news seemed hinky?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I might be getting all my cases mixed up but didn't someone say back in the beginning someone they interviewed on the news seemed hinky?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I did see that but I think his last name was White. I don't think it was Misner.

First let me say, Hi all! Newbie here.

I remember hearing this story on the local news when it first happened. After finding Websleuths I am definitely more informed.

I am in total agreement with the poster (sorry cannot remember your name) who is enraged that there are no reports in the area where Misner is/was last known to be.

Also, I could be wrong but I think I remember reading somewhere in these last 23 pages that Misner is from Oklahoma, originally? Am I just imagining this?

I will try to re-read through and see where/why I am thinking that.

In a perfect world with no backlog they could have results in 72 hours. Even with a backlog, this has taken a very long time. I have no idea which lab they use but I think this would have been a high priority? The little girl in Utah that was killed, the DNA found on the perp seemed to be processed rather quickly. I will try to see if I can find any info on what happens in this state. 13 weeks seems like a very long time to me.
I only recall reading family members saying the DNA was not a match, his aunt specifically.

Well since they had the "suspect" in custody, perhaps they thought this was no rush.

Maybe we should all email newstations in the Portland area and give them a tip about this story. He may be laying low there knowing he is wanted in Oklahoma. Surely he has friends/relatives/aquaintances in the area that might respond or get ahold of LE with information on Misner.

I just cannot imagine why there are NO news stations or newspapers with this story other than in OK. I don't even want to think about what will happen to his next victim.

Has there been any info about anywhere Misner might have been employed?

My guess he wasn't employed anywhere, since he was very recently released from a correctional facility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back