LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like that if they knew every turn he made they would have found Mickey by now.

Bingo! DAD (whichever one) was in the hospital.(per "someguy") Not released until the 26th of May... BSL was in TX then (likely?) who's to say he didn't go to mama's and borrow daddy's car??? They were with dad at the hospital where BSL was "supposed" to be as well
moo

In The Daily Advertiser of Sept. 23, 1999, another reporter on staff interviewed the couple that found Lisa Pate's remains. The man was named Guy Landry. But the woman was not CH. It was SJ. Don't know if I'm supposed to name a new person on here who I haven't seen named before. If so, I can provide it.

Thank you Claire T. for Clairefying about Claire H! :giggle:

How does LE KNOW he wasn't on Ellis? OnStar? Cell Pings? What if he packed the body in a "tote"? used another car? left his cell at home etc?

~just an honest question

What if someone handled the disposal for him? Or, what if he used his brother's car or another that didn't have the GPS/OnStar?

Even Tim Miller has said more than once, again recently, that Mickey could be in WB; if so, pings and OnStar are not going to be helpful in locating her. Even if they know where he drove that Sunday morning, up until the time he showed up in New Orleans, how many bodies of water did he pass? How far apart are cell towers to track him accurately? They could know a lot about his movements and still never find her.

Wasn't BSL at Fort Polk at this time? Was he here visiting when this happened and where was he staying? If it was his roomate that was killed, then CH was going out with BSLs roomate? From Fort Polk? Had they both enlisted?

I think LT said the camp was empty. Maybe BSL came for the weekend, his roomate & he were staying at the camp. Somehow LP ended up with BSLat the camp, she died and BSL couldn't let his roomate back to the camp that night. So he caused Whoever was driving to wreck and no-one we t back to the camp but maybe BSL
to tidy up.
Lisa's body was found in October, the month after he married. When did he move to Natchitoches where he got married, or was that where he was already living?

Just saw elsewhere the body was found in Sept of '99.
Seems like BSL is also using being engaged/married in his rouse as well. He got engaged right around the time Mickey went missing as well.

How does LE KNOW he wasn't on Ellis? OnStar? Cell Pings? What if he packed the body in a "tote"? used another car? left his cell at home etc?

~just an honest question

I thought that I read LE did not want them taking pictures on that property (Ellis Rd.) because they had not had a chance to search it yet and they did not want any possible evidence disturbed

That definition helps -- I didn't fully understand the term.

i didn't even think to clarify that. i figured everyone had friends with camps. here's a little more about them. there are duck camps, fishing camps, camps on the bay, camps on the river, camps on the lake, and camps out in forest type areas. most are on water. some are super nice and lush and some don't have hot water. either way, they are all usually for fun on the weekends, Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day. people crab, fish, ride waverunners, hydroslide, waterski, and go tubing at these camps.

doesn't sound like BSL's camp was on water - just wooded property. maybe he had parties there? some of my classmates would steal the keys to their camps on the weekends and throw parties and break into the liquor at their parents' camps.

This article says otherwise, and around here, MSM trumps word of mouth.

http://theadvocate.com/news/3390194-123/acadia-grand-jury-had-looked

The October 1, 1999 Advocate article I linked the other night states, "residents of the home found the body under three large boards."

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

Now you have to pay too read the rest of it, unfortunately. There isn't much more to it, though.

No, bessie -- I meant that I thought LT said that it was a camp but no one's residence at the time of the accident, not when the body was found. (I edited my post to make clearer.)

Now I know more about "camps" and them sometimes being rented out, etc., though -- so even at the time of the accident, guess the status could have been a little iffy.

Even Tim Miller has said more than once, again recently, that Mickey could be in WB; if so, pings and OnStar are not going to be helpful in locating her. Even if they know where he drove that Sunday morning, up until the time he showed up in New Orleans, how many bodies of water did he pass? How far apart are cell towers to track him accurately? They could know a lot about his movements and still never find her.

i was thinking that even though there are lots of places to hide a body on his route, wouldn't he have to turn off of the highway to be secluded for the actual hiding? would onstar or cell pings show this? or are they not that precise? it's more of a general area that the pings show?

for example, if he was on hwy 90 and turned down some gravel road and drove down for a mile before hiding, could they know this from onstar and or the cell phone pings -- that he took that gravel road?? i'm new to this CSI stuff. i just really want them to find her!!!

Thank you SOOO much. If the name was reported in the news at the time, then yes, it's OK to post here, isn't it Bessie?

Just in time with the facts :)

That makes a difference. If CH did not return to the camp after her injury, then how would she know about LP - if at all - unless either someone told her, or she was there prior to the car wreck when something happened regarding LP.

The KATC website listed a quote from CH that BSL threatened "to take revenge."

Revenge for WHAT? is my immediate question.

I was curious - did you visit the Acadia courthouse in person, or on-line?
Good idea to visit the CH! Sometimes there's no substitute.

Ummm...all I know is that she said that LP was found in her back yard. Don't know when. She's a friend of several of my relatives and she's also my FB friend and I feel bad even saying this much. She has a small sweet child and lost her husband only a year ago. There is so much "speculation and rumor and innuendo" going on in CP (and apparently has been for all these years,) she has had enough. She is working with the prosecution. I can't say anymore. She is still suffering over the loss of her husband.

CH.

However it was later said by the female driver that they had gotten a call from BSL to go pick him up that night.... From that location.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Looks like CH did move into that "camp" after the accident when she was in a wheelchair.

Months later CH and her bF move into a rent house and discover bones under wood. CH then started receiving even more threats from BSL!
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

bbm: OK, that last post cited here must be where I got the idea that CH and a boyfriend were the ones that later rented the house and found the remains -- but now we have evidence of an MSM report (back when) that it was NOT CH.

Can someone please tell me how many times this question has been asked? Just kidding.... Clearly it puzzles many. It is slang for the local gossip mill, or 'heard it through the grapevine'

'Think Marvin Gaye says it best'...

I Heard It Through The Grapevine

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajBdDM2qdg"]Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine - YouTube[/ame]

i was thinking that even though there are lots of places to hide a body on his route, wouldn't he have to turn off of the highway to be secluded for the actual hiding? would onstar or cell pings show this? or are they not that precise? it's more of a general area that the pings show?

for example, if he was on hwy 90 and turned down some gravel road and drove down for a mile before hiding, could they know this from onstar and or the cell phone pings -- that he took that gravel road?? i'm new to this CSI stuff. i just really want them to find her!!!

Unless he had disabled his OnStar (which he may well have done, for privacy), LE should have access to all his travels with that truck.

Now LE may have the OnStar data and they may not. For him to be placed at Whiskey Bay tells me that either they do have the info, or there was a witness. If there was a witness, then BSL was extraordinarily unlucky.... the bike dump spot is pretty isolated.

The problem for LE is - even if they DO have his OnStar data - - the guy traveled all over the place! The area to search is so massive.... The one thing they would have is that OnStar does show if you stop. They'd have to search around every area he stopped.... a doable task. of course, if he had a boat, all bets are off, but I've seen no info that he had a boat.

But if BSL's OnStar was disabled, then I think there was a witness at Whiskey Bay - and not much else to go on.... and finding Mickey will be difficult :please:

Wasn't BSL at Fort Polk at this time? Was he here visiting when this happened and where was he staying? If it was his roomate that was killed, then CH was going out with BSLs roomate? From Fort Polk? Had they both enlisted?

I think LT said the camp was empty. Maybe BSL came for the weekend, his roomate & he were staying at the camp. Somehow LP ended up with BSLat the camp, she died and BSL couldn't let his roomate back to the camp that night. So he caused Whoever was driving to wreck and no-one we t back to the camp but maybe BSL
to tidy up.
Lisa's body was found in October, the month after he married. When did he move to Natchitoches where he got married, or was that where he was already living?

Just saw elsewhere the body was found in Sept of '99.
Seems like BSL is also using being engaged/married in his rouse as well. He got engaged right around the time Mickey went missing as well.
As far as I know at that stage of the game in the Army you can't live off base unless you are married... He NEEDED to be able to ROAM!!! The "wedding" at that time was to enable his activity...

Exactly! He was talking marriage and planning on moving I AM SURE!
I don't think he, his gf/new wife and 2? kids were gonna live in that trailer...
He needed something from her. (not sure what!) ?alibi maybe?
Maybe he planned on marrying her so she couldn't testify against him?
Not sure about LA law in that regard...
moo

moo

<modsnip>

Remember, BSL also owns a 91 Red Dodge Stealth - he might have used it to dispose of Mickey's body. :twocents:

Unless he had disabled his OnStar (which he may well have done, for privacy), LE should have access to all his travels with that truck.

Now LE may have the OnStar data and they may not. For him to be placed at Whiskey Bay tells me that either they do have the info, or there was a witness. If there was a witness, then BSL was extraordinarily unlucky.... the bike dump spot is pretty isolated.

The problem for LE is - even if they DO have his OnStar data - - the guy traveled all over the place! The area to search is so massive.... The one thing they would have is that OnStar does show if you stop. They'd have to search around every area he stopped.... a doable task. of course, if he had a boat, all bets are off, but I've seen no info that he had a boat.

But if BSL's OnStar was disabled, then I think there was a witness at Whiskey Bay - and not much else to go on.... and finding Mickey will be difficult :please:

Interestingly, if you cancel your onstar account, onstar can and does still track you. http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/on...ar-information/story?id=14581571#.UAtug7-IW-0

~sorry for asking but...

We know it wouldn't make sense to be in a wheelchair in the woods!
Do we KNOW CH wasn't living there with GL and the woman?
GL and the woman found the remains so they were interviewed...
Did Ch live there too?
3 people could have been renting the house.

In regards to CH not speaking up... the thought of being (allegedly) threatened like that and unable to get away or even run scares to bee-jee -uz outta me!

moo
I don't see any reason to believe CH was living in the house ("camp") when the body was found in September. Everything else suggests that whatever CH heard or saw occurred in June, 1999, (almost certainly June 19th) at the time of the accident. I can't imagine that she would live in the house afterward. JMO

Reposted from Laffy Taffy, 11:29p last night:

Ok, ok, ok.... Let's get a few things straight. I said BSL was NOT INVOLVED in the 2 murders found in the burned trailer!

Now about CH.... CH and BSL WERE friends prior to LP's disappearance! It wasn't until then that she started being threatened and afraid of him. He was always a bully and ugly to her as a child. They got past that in their later teenage years!! They hung out, etc. lp comes up missing. Months later CH and her bF move into a rent house and discover bones under wood. CH then started receiving even more threats from BSL!

The same night she went missing they were involved in an accident. Which left CH in a wheelchair for a while. - the end! And the last time I will speak of it!

I'm trying to make sense of this, especially as the verified local says that he/she won't address the subject anymore.

LT says:

LP went missing the night of the accident.
CH and her boyfriend move into the house months later.
CH and her boyfriend find the bones.

Newspaper says:

Guy Landry and SJ find the bones.

I'm trying to make LT's statements jibe with the newspaper:

So... was Guy Landry CH's new boyfriend, and SJ happened to be/live at the camp when the bones were discovered.

And if Guy Landry's was NOT CH's boyfriend, then there were two men living there, and possibly SJ, for a total of four people?

Now I'm wondering - I have seen statements that CH and her boyfriend (the one killed) were living at the camp before the wreck. If so, did CH move out and then move back into the same place with a new boyfriend, if LT's statement is accurate?

Can anyone source the info I have seen that CH and her boyfriend (the one killed) were living there before the wreck?

THX!

<modsnip>

My theory is that even though it's clear as day for the rest of us to see him for what he is and for what he has done it wasn't and probably still isn't easy for those close to him to accept him for what he is and has done. He has probably been pleading his innocence to them since this began way back in the 90's sothey are probably twisted beyond belief. He has destroyed many including his own families in my opinion.

ok thanks! well, i WANT to believe that he left his Onstar ON. 2 reasons, because I want to being the first ;) (it's better for the prosecution), and my second reason is because I swear that if I had onstar and had just kidnapped and killed someone, I really don't think I'd think to turn it off (I really have NEVER seen an episode of CSI).

sooooo, if he left it on, they know any exits to little gravel desolate roads he went on?? surely he didn't hide her RIGHT ON hwy 90 or ON i-10. Oh, I also WANT to believe he put her in Louisiana. My reason for this is because it's too overwhelming to think about hiding spots in Texas - too VAST!!!

I just really want her found. My heart BREAKS for Charlie and the Shunicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery