LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this photo he looks more like the N.O. murderer sketch than others. His hair that short I guess. That sketch artist sure got that chin down...and the eyes and the shape of the face.....nice work. Definitely him.

BBM...I was kinda hem-hawing as to whether I thought it could be him or not, until you mentioned the chin. You are spot on with that! His chin is a bit offf-center or something. (looks like someone might have relocated it at some point). I now definitely believe there is a possibility this is him.

Jennifer Hawk 8/09/08 (or 7or 6) the attacker was seen around 11:00pm peering in her window. Friday was the 8th so I believe it was after midnight as well.
She was not found until the 11th (still in her apartment.)
Not to mention the MO was EXACTLY the same as the rape charge he was arrested for.

They did have DNA (I think) it didn't match up to CODIS.
IMO they need to have him "re"submit a sample.
(That is IF he ever did)

not that this would ever happen.... :banghead:

Leaving aside whether his DNA is in the system already, *why* would LE not get a sample now?

He has been charged with murder. Surely any rights he had went right out the window?

I hear what you're saying, and some may question the tone...

...but it is perfectly acceptable for someone to question un-founded, un-sourced conflicting information which is being presented as fact by a poster. The forum rules regarding rumor, hearsay, etc. are pretty clear, and when someone continues to assert information, the sources of which are unknown, nebulous, nefarious, etc., it's perfectly fine to question such info.
I saw the exchange in question, and the questions themselves were perfectly legit. I think the poster's frustrated tone arose from the fact that the person being asked the question was simply avoiding answering the question, after being repeatedly asked.

At any rate, I still don't know if that poster ever answered the question. I pretty much tuned them out after they repeatedly ducked the question.

I think the poster was simply having difficulty with the way she was wording it... I, personally understood what she was trying to say. I really don't blame her for not answering some of those questions, I would've avoided them too. Just as it's perfectly acceptable to ask questions, it's perfectly acceptable to ignore a question. We're all equal here and I really hate to see posters get run off, or viewing guests staying away because of intimidation...
Many posters (esp. newbies) are a little nervous to post anyway. For some it comes easy, but not all.
As far as my tone goes... I just felt really bad because I know this posters style (she's been here from the beginning) and she doesn't bait, withhold info, etc... She's very direct, and she said she wasn't baiting anyone at all, she was simply stating her (and her husbands) opinion... Not rumor, not hearsay...
All jmo

My guess would be he rented a storage room

He rented a storage room for 8 years? That is 50 dollars a month. If he rented a storage room, someone else paid for it....if he was actually in jail and not working out somewhere that is. It almost makes sense to me that he rented a storage room, unless his wife took the stuff in their home and his mother took his personal belongings which to me is the simplest answer.

What I cannot wrap my mind around is how he kept the IDs of different girls and their personal possessions, etc. if someone else was storing his stuff. That would mean someone else knew what was going on and that could mean someone else was either an active or passive participant. I think also it will be very very interesting to find out when the items they found in his trailer went missing. If it is purses, IDs, etc. most women would know about the time frame that particular item went missing. It is a very odd feeling when your ID goes missing and creepers do that sometimes to intimidate witnesses.

I once was a witness in a particular trial. I often left my purse in my van. One morning my neighbor called to say he had found my wallet on the boards behind his house with all of my IDs and photos layed out separately. My couple of dollars was also there. It was very eery that the perp had stoled my wallet out of my purse and layed everything out that way -- it was a message to me about the upcoming trial. The day of the trial a black lincoln with darkened windows appeared across the street from my house as if watching me. I grabbed my camera, flew out the door, walked up the Lincoln, banged on the drivers window and took photos.

I do not think that was the reaction they were looking for.

I did the same thing once in a different town--but that time I took photos and called the cops. It was a surveillance vehicle for a bust they were doing down the street. I thought that one was funny.

I am fairly confident that BL's DNA has been taken by now, as LE indicated that they are examining past cases; he is charged with two murders; he would not be able to refuse submitting to DNA at this point.

He rented a storage room for 8 years? That is 50 dollars a month. If he rented a storage room, someone else paid for it....if he was actually in jail and not working out somewhere that is. It almost makes sense to me that he rented a storage room, unless his wife took the stuff in their home and his mother took his personal belongings which to me is the simplest answer.

What I cannot wrap my mind around is how he kept the IDs of different girls and their personal possessions, etc. if someone else was storing his stuff. That would mean someone else knew what was going on and that could mean someone else was either an active or passive participant. I think also it will be very very interesting to find out when the items they found in his trailer went missing. If it is purses, IDs, etc. most women would know about the time frame that particular item went missing. It is a very odd feeling when your ID goes missing and creepers do that sometimes to intimidate witnesses.

I once was a witness in a particular trial. I often left my purse in my van. One morning my neighbor called to say he had found my wallet on the boards behind his house with all of my IDs and photos layed out separately. My couple of dollars was also there. It was very eery that the perp had stoled my wallet out of my purse and layed everything out that way -- it was a message to me about the upcoming trial. The day of the trial a black lincoln with darkened windows appeared across the street from my house as if watching me. I grabbed my camera, flew out the door, walked up the Lincoln, banged on the drivers window and took photos.

I did the same thing once in a different town--but that time I took photos and called the cops. It was a surveillance vehicle for a bust they were doing down the street. I thought that one was funny.

If, for example, BL gave his mother some things to hold for him, there is nothing to say she would have gone through them. She probably believed his story at the time, about it being consensual or whatever. He may have given her a lock box of some kind, telling her it was his important papers. Or, he may have buried them someplace.

Can you tell if that hard hat is from a specific place? Which might help us to date it?

Just a quick hint: Sometimes when a photo is posted, you can right click on it and then go to "Properties" Many times it will tell exactly when the photo was taken.

If you have PhotoShop available, you can bring some photos into PhotoShop and they can tell you a lot about the photo such as when it was taken and what type of camera was used to take it. PhotoShop can also correct photos that were blurry or whatever, depending on the original camera that took it. PhotoShop is brilliant.

I am fairly confident that BL's DNA has been taken by now, as LE indicated that they are examining past cases; he is charged with two murders; he would not be able to refuse submitting to DNA at this point.

Just jumping off your post cluciano hope you don't mind and not directed at anyone in particular.

I am getting the impression that some feel you take a DNA sample and you get a match and yes sometimes that is how it works.

Often though, especially at crime scenes, there are MIXED DNA samples where there could be a number of contributors. This is where it gets complicated as a good defense team can argue the fact that there are other alelles thus other potential POI.

Sometimes a prosecution will not present all the DNA evidence for this reason alone.

Just curious to everyone else's opinion based on the FACTS what do you think his defense will be?

I found this interesting. The Clery Act requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their respective campuses. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clery_Act"]Clery Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I think the MS abduction occurred close enough to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (ULL) that it should be reported in their crime logs. There is a disclaimer on the ULL website stating "Although the ULPD attempts to make the electronic version of the log as accurate as possible at the time of posting, it is not the official police log."
http://police.louisiana.edu/crime-log/index.shtml

From what I was told threw Cajun net it was his mom who turned him in ... Maybe she did find stuff in his home before he went to jail the first time but she didn't think much of it kind of turned her head until Mickey went missing an everything he was saying didn't add up to her maybe then she realized who her son is an what he's done an called to report him

BBM...Sorry Boudin. It wasnt so much that I wasnt interested in your find, but my attention was focused on trying to determine if the owl in the back seat of the DWT was a common barn owl or a great horned owl. ;)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wonders what the difference is between a common barn owl and great horned owl?

This did make me chuckle.

I still can't tell the difference between vehicles unless someone rubber stamps it for me. It's in my DNA so to speak :angel:

I think he was "out" and "supervised" prior to 8/9/08.

I bet he did kill her! It was his "release" date When he was officially free to do as he pleased. He did it to mock LE. He drove out of twon and killed her.
here is the sketch again.
3103943176a8__1342226232000.png

It's the eyes for me.
Not sure what he weighed in 08' but he would have had to be thinner than he is now in order for this to be him.
moo

I was going to comment that the person in the sketch looks like he has a receding hairline, and BSL doesn't, but then I saw a different pic of BSL posted by gngr~snap at post #1484... His hairline looks like its receding as well...
Jmo

OMgosh!!! You are crazy! (in a good way, but crazy) i would have been crying like a little baby when i saw that Lincoln and running scared:panic:

you are like Kate Beckett in Castle. She's so cool! :rocker:

I was going to comment that the person in the sketch looks like he has a receding hairline, and BSL doesn't, but then I saw gngr~snap's pic of him on post "1484... His hairline looks like its receding as well...
Jmo

Th eyes lips and chin all seem to be spot on

..... Often though, especially at crime scenes, there are MIXED DNA samples where there could be a number of contributors. This is where it gets complicated as a good defense team can argue the fact that there are other alelles thus other potential POI.

Sometimes a prosecution will not present all the DNA evidence for this reason alone.

Snipped and BBM: Good point Allusonz.... we certainly got alelles overload in the OJ trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco