LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
does BSL have any male friends? so far it's only women that have come forward with stories of him. where are the guys he worked with? who did he hang out with? did he go to bars? if so, which ones? Did he hunt or fish? if so, with who? did he go to football games? it's odd for a single guy in South Louisiana to not have friends to hunt, fish, or watch football with, ya know? Maybe he didn't hunt or fish. Not everyone here hunts and fishes, but I think I read somewhere that he did??

i asked someguy some of these questions, but i never got an answer :(

I have seen a couple of different male friends of BSL's post comments on different boards, defending him - looked like one lives in Texas.

I'm am going to have to put some sort of sleuthing ban on myself. Katc news said something about October 9 being a deadline for filing motions, so will we find any info out in October? I thought that we'd find a little more out today, but we didn't.

I don't understand why we can at least get dates. Like dates he was out, dates he was in..small thing one wouldn't think would be critical to the investigation.

My first husband's family owned an offshore contracting company. Until BSL's injuries were healed, he would not have been allowed to go back to work. This would make even more sense in BSL's case because his hand was injured and he's a mechanic. It would have affected his work.
IMO, he went back to work on or around June 20th and returned 2 weeks later on July 3rd, 4th, or 5th.

Then how could he be doing in probation in 07? That was my first clue.

Prisoners can do probation while still considered in jail in jail. There are work release programs and transitional programs where an inmate is in a kind of half-way house.

Jennifer Hawk 8/09/08 (or 7or 6) the attacker was seen around 11:00pm peering in her window. Friday was the 8th so I believe it was after midnight as well.
She was not found until the 11th (still in her apartment.)
Not to mention the MO was EXACTLY the same as the rape charge he was arrested for.

They did have DNA (I think) it didn't match up to CODIS.
IMO they need to have him "re"submit a sample.
(That is IF he ever did)

not that this would ever happen.... :banghead:

That sketch looks more like my friend who lived in the Marigny. Jessica Hawk did not look like BSL's type which seemed to be petite women.
I think we need to be careful not to try to attach BSL to every killing in south Louisiana.
IMO, he has a place for his victims. He would murder in a place where he knows the roads and the area in general. Why risk killing someone out of town when he could get caught more easily?

From what I was told threw Cajun net it was his mom who turned him in ... Maybe she did find stuff in his home before he went to jail the first time but she didn't think much of it kind of turned her head until Mickey went missing an everything he was saying didn't add up to her maybe then she realized who her son is an what he's done an called to report him

I think she may have too. He may have gone to his mother's house after he injured his hand.

in the study of phrenology, what does that imply?

Phrenology is a discredited pseudo-science. Basically, some thought that the shape of the head or of certain features could determine intelligence or the lack of intelligence.

bs.jpg
jessicahawk.jpg

In the Jessica Hawk case: "Her body was found propped up". ::what:

Apparently this girl sold flowers in the French quarter. I figure he followed her home after work....she lived not far and probably walked home.

I thought he was still in prison until the 8th or 9th.

I have seen a couple of different male friends of BSL's post comments on different boards, defending him - looked like one lives in Texas.

Really?! That's interesting. What did they say about him? I guess you still don't know where he "hung out"? Not that everyone has to go places to hang out, but you would think a single guy would. I'm his age and I don't go out much, but I'm married. My single friends still go out, though

I thought he was still in prison until the 8th or 9th.

we are WONDERING (not fact) if he was in work release type programs. refer to his linkedin page. he could have lied on linkedin or he could be telling the truth and was "let out" for work

so that's it? there's nothing more from this "plea"? did the Judge watch from video and the lawyers were in the room? so i guess the fam wasn't there, just josh coen from the find mickey now group?

i was really hoping to see his hand, that's all

Judge Clause was in the small courtroom with Lavergne, his defense attorneys and the prosecuting attorneys. Mickey Shunick's family watched via video from the parish courthouse across the street. I was in the courthouse watching on video with the family. I couldn't see his hands or anything good enough to see wounds or scars, unfortunately! The news media got the major runaround from the jailers and courthouse personnel. We almost missed the arraignment. The jailers wouldn't let us in the courtroom where Lavergne was and the courthouse people wouldn't let us in the video room with the family! I've never seen anything like it!!!

My first husband's family owned an offshore contracting company. Until BSL's injuries were healed, he would not have been allowed to go back to work. This would make even more sense in BSL's case because his hand was injured and he's a mechanic. It would have affected his work.
IMO, he went back to work on or around June 20th and returned 2 weeks later on July 3rd, 4th, or 5th..

Respectfully snipped by me--

A lot of rigs were cleared on June 24th, I believe, due to thunderstorms and the chance formation of a tropical disturbance into a hurricane.

A lot of rigs were cleared on June 24th, I believe, due to thunderstorms and the chance formation of a tropical disturbance into a hurricane.

Yes you are correct, my husband was working on a rig out of venice and he was evacuated on June 24. It was because of tropical storm Debby in the gulf.

Judge Clause was in the small courtroom with Lavergne, his defense attorneys and the prosecuting attorneys. Mickey Shunick's family watched via video from the parish courthouse across the street. I was in the courthouse watching on video with the family. I couldn't see his hands or anything good enough to see wounds or scars, unfortunately! The news media got the major runaround from the jailers and courthouse personnel. We almost missed the arraignment. The jailers wouldn't let us in the courtroom where Lavergne was and the courthouse people wouldn't let us in the video room with the family! I've never seen anything like it!!!

WOW just WOW!

Yes you are correct, my husband was working on a rig out of venice and he was evacuated on June 24. It was because of tropical storm Debby in the gulf.

Want, when was he allowed to return to the rig? TIA (Thanks In Advance)

Want, when was he allowed to return to the rig? TIA (Thanks In Advance)

He didn't go back on that rig. He went back out on the 25th on a different job out of Fourchon. I think but not sure that the rigs that were evacuated pretty much all want back to work on the 25th or 26th.

Just wondering does anyone else remember the truck that was parked at that hotel in tx ... They said it belong to an offshore worker and was related to the case .... Now I'm starting to wonder of that was his truck after all ...

Someone please tell me are we not going to find out what all the evidence is in this case until October?

This is wild speculation on my part, just trying to think of why someone would help bs lavergne get away with things. What if one of his birth parents is a blood relative. Maybe they are now in a position of power or influence and feel guilty for giving him up. So, this person has helped him by covering up possible crimes.
If someone did him favors, helped with cover ups, it seems like they would know that one day the truth will come out. Even if it is family, at some point you have to know that helping them will bring you down too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn