IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But just wait until they are needed Amanda. There will be views. Hopefully, not long from now.

I'm looking now and I am AMAZED! Only on page 2. This is will take a while. Thank you!

Hi Confusion, I said 50% just as a joke.

We are all hurting so much for Elizabeth and Lyric right now that it's hard to bear. I was just joking with another poster and that wasn't wasn't meant to be representative of actual facts. I have no doubt 68.4% is true. That wouldn't surprise me at all. I so hope these girls are found today. When they first went missing I thought they would be found in a couple of hours. I thought that about Kyron as well... I hate being so wrong.

Kelly
BBM
Actually, the 68.4% was one of those that was made up. Sorry 'bout that.

I've been going back through some videos and found one that I thought some of you may like to see, if you haven't already. In light of the latest go-around/recent discussion about the locations of the bikes and purses, etc. This video provides some really good shots taken from the north side of the lake looking towards the south bank and also some footage of the dogs and the family w/ LE down where the bikes were found. I've been thinking the area between the fence and the lake was larger. It looks really small. I think the draining of the lake has confused me a little in regards to exactly how much space is normally there. Now I think the purse must have been thrown over the fence. Two feet from the fence would have been in the brush area so it doesn't look like a place where the girls would have been hanging out for very long. You can also see how close the interstate is to the trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=0YJp8FeBM3M&NR=1

Mental health is inversely proportional to the amount of cats owned. (Don't ask how many I own. lol)

The number of cats in residence required to be a crazy cat person is always N + 2, N being the number of cats one personally has in residence.

So, for me, the level for crazy cat person is 6.

:fence:

Great question, I have thought that too, on this and other cases...

Yes ! Like an Arsonist that returns to watch the fire burn . These filthy perps coud surely have the same quirk to admirethe damage they have done on this devastated family . and enjoy the fear they have placed in all our hearts for all children everywhere . We are to blame for not having stricter laws for these sicko's. We slap there wrist and let them go . Time for a Big change in the Laws we have to protect the childrenwe all need to demand change and let the City council put forth new laws that protect the children and give these perps hard time. MOO

ack

That just makes me feel like somebody knows that the girls dropped to the ground and fought when they were being abducted.

AFAIK, no signs of struggle were found near the lake which goes back to the theory that the bikes were a red herring.

I think one reason we don't see too many abductions of wealthy children compared to other socioeconomic groups is that they represent such a small percentage of the population. I realize everyone has a different definition of what a wealthy income is, but only 5% of the country makes over 150k a year.

I think there were a lot more abductions of children from prominent families pre-1960's with Charles Lindbergh, Charley Ross, Marion Parker, Georgia Weckler, Constance Smith, Bobby Franks, Eddie Cudahy, Billy Whitla, George Weyerhaeuer, and Bobby Greenlease. Most of these abductions were with a ransom note, and some of these children were released.

I think you're right.

The FBI did have success in that they caught a suspect in every case (arguably, not the correct suspect in a few cases). People who wanted a lot of money decided it would be easier to get away with robbing banks than kidnapping children for ransom.

BBM
Actually, the 68.4% was one of those that was made up. Sorry 'bout that.

No problem Confusion, :)

Whatever, these babies are still missing. Lets keep agreeing for them to be found and that for whomever is responsible to suffer to the FULLEST extent of the law and then some.... He/she/they will see no peace until these girls are found and the TRUTH is told.

Not meaning to offend anyone but this has gone on way beyond long enough. We need to find our girls. Bless their hearts.

K.

Keep in mind that the worst neighbourhood in Iowa would probably make someone from Chicago laugh with disbelief at the low crime rate compared to some Chicago neighbourhoods.

I think the reason why the children of the wealthy are rarely abducted is because the parents can afford to feed their paranoia.

So far as I know, child sexual abuse is no respecter of income levels; 90% of the perpetrators of child sexual abuse are either in the household or well known to the family.

As an example: Rielle Hunter, who has been victimised most of her life, so far as I can see (first by her father, then by the boyfriend who used her in a roman a clef, then by the married guy she thought she had a true spiritual bond with). She came from an extremely wealthy background and it certainly did not protect her.

Hi I agree with you that abuse happens regardless of income. I was just basing my statement on other cases I've seen here such as Hailey Cummings, Sandra Cantu, Jorleys Rivera and Aliahna Maronney Lemon.

What do you all think a PI will be able to do if the police aren't getting any leads? I've seen in other cases like baby Lisa and Morgan Harrington and others that the PI hasn't helped any. If a member of my family was missing of course I would want any help available but how long do you keep the PI for if no leads are forthcoming?

Please don't think I am being negative I just don't know if a PI would help. I am praying there is a break in the case I don't want it to be like the Lyon sisters and decades later nobody knows what happened.

Doesn't Elizabeth have a dog? I wonder if that dog was ever taken to the lake and allowed to sniff around.

I read a story yesterday about a chihuahua who found two neighbor girls who got lost walking in the woods in Georgia. The girls often played with the chihuahua, and the dog was able to track their scent.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/02/chihuahua-finds-two-lost-girls-in-georgia-forest/

Just a random thought.

Good idea i think it might have been done though i think a family member mentioned it in an interview not positive though. It's amazing how great animals are. I hope the dog got a nice treat.

Doesn't Elizabeth have a dog? I wonder if that dog was ever taken to the lake and allowed to sniff around.

I read a story yesterday about a chihuahua who found two neighbor girls who got lost walking in the woods in Georgia. The girls often played with the chihuahua, and the dog was able to track their scent.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/02/chihuahua-finds-two-lost-girls-in-georgia-forest/

Just a random thought.

That may work if the girls were close by and didn't get into a vehicle. Also, it's been three weeks, would scent dogs even be able to catch their scent at this point?

But it can't be Aunt Tammy had a feeling they would be there. :fence:

Perp may have used Maiden Lane from one of the streets just north of Meyers Lake to take the bikes to the trail late at night if the perp was a local and knew the area well. Just a thought.

That may work if the girls were close by and didn't get into a vehicle. Also, it's been three weeks, would scent dogs even be able to catch their scent at this point?

I didn't mean that the dog could be used now. I just wondered if it had been used at the beginning.

Perp may have used Maiden Lane from one of the streets just north of Meyers Lake to take the bikes to the trail late at night if the perp was a local and knew the area well. Just a thought.

The timeline does not support any late night activity between last seen and bikes found.

Just to bring up socio-economics ... Elizabeth Smart and Jon-Benet Ramsey were from upper class families so no one is immune. However, I think, as it was stated earlier, people with more money tend to live in areas that are just statistically safer.

Only if the video of the girls biking was taken the day before, or another day, rather than on the 13th. That would mean the timestamp was not on the video itself or had been altered...hmmm

I have a hard time believing anybody would take a chance to put those bikes along that path, I believe those girls were there. I still keep going back to a boat, oh it would be so fun to take a quick ride in a boat. You could paddle across the lake with someone on the otherside waiting for them.
The recent attempted abduction with the 5 year old boy there were three people in on that one ,THREE. In my moo I get a feeling the purse was thrown after the fact, like after they had the girls, drove out that route and tried to throw the purse as close to the bikes as possible because of where it was found in relation to the bikes.

I also feel it is someone the girls may have met before and they talked them into meeting them at the lake....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen