Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If bsl did tell LE where her body was, why aren't the public aloud to know? And if it was intact bsl will we ever know or have to wait till the trial?

If bsl did tell LE where her body was, why aren't the public aloud to know? And if it was intact bsl will we ever know or have to wait till the trial?

We will probably know some details soon, and if he confessed, maybe there won't be a trial. If that is the case, it will all come out. They have to verify his story against the autopsy, other evidence, etc...it has to match, in order to work out any plea, if that is what is going on, and then he will have to plead guilty in court. That would not be in two years, but much sooner, IMO.

it's remote but precise at the same time. couldn't he have just said Pinseclair Cemetery in the overgrown area in the back??

If he is confessing, they may have wanted him to narrate his actions, etc., on location, answer questions, etc.

i would hope that the townspeople would design / implement a bike path named after mickey. One that would project her free spirit. Would love to see this developed in memory of mickey !!
Not sure if all the money that has been donated has been spent paying the expenses of texsearch / dogs, pi, le or whoever ? But if any funds are left, perhaps it could be donated to break ground for the ms bike path. Just an idea / suggestion !

My understanding is that any funds leftover were to be used to
help find others who were missing.

While I like the idea of something being named after Mickey I am
not sure I like the bike path idea ONLY because it may give someone the idea to be a copycat and we don't need a bike path named after Mickey and have someone abducted from it! The horrors!
The other problem would be is it fair to anyone else
who has been murdered here that something wasn't named after them but she gets something named after her?

Also, if you are Bipolar type 1 (which I am), you are much more prone to flat out manic episodes, which are more dangerous to yourself, as well as psychotic episodes, including hallucinations, delusions, disassociation, etc... They are schizophrenic tendencies, but not clinically schizophrenic. It's all mania. And mania can keep you up for days, but when you crash it's very, very noticable. Like you don't get out of bed for days noticable.

IMO, I don't see him as bipolar at all. My bipolar friends (support group) don't hurt others, they hurt themselves. This guy is something else entirely. Again, my opinion. :moo:

Yes, familiar story, believe me.

I've been a WS lurker since Morgan Harrington's disappearance. I registered today because I feel the need to share my sadness with those who have gotten as attached to Mickey (a total stranger) as I have. :(

Mickey's case has especially touched my heart, so much so that it felt like a kick to the stomach to hear today's news. While I've felt she was gone for a long while now, I guess there was always that tiny sliver of hope that maaaybe, somehow, she was okay out there somewhere. It breaks my heart to know this is not to be.

Going off of the name of the cemetery, does anyone think it was another jab at the Claire person who was in the car accident in '99? Not that Claire knew about Mickey's location, but rather, a jab at her inside BSL's head...like a mental F.U.? It may be a coincidence that the cemetery is called Pinesclair, maybe someone's last name, but...the Clair/Claire business gave me an eerie feeling.

I get the feeling that Mickey is not the only body buried there by BSL. JMO. I feel sick thinking he may have made his own sick, demented addition to the cemetery, a new cemetery wing for his prey.
How can this world harbor such pure evil? It's so very sad. :(

Welcome out of lurkdom and into posting, LarkBunting!

@ Bessie
:woohoo::yourock::yourock::yourock::takeabow::great::great::bicycle::heart::detective::goldstar::goldstar::goldstar::goldstar::goldstar:

What kind of state do you think the body would be in? If it was buried, almost 3 months later? Would it just be bones?

{{{{BIG BEAR HUGS}}}

I bet this is rough on you.

Back to you, Boudin!!

Just got back, had to leave awhile, been an emotional day for all!!

Feel so, so sad for Shunicks. And yes, it has been a hard day! Thanks so much!!

:cry:

Seems hard to believe BSL would have buried MS himself with his little finger almost cut off. But desperation can make people do strange things.

IMO, I think maybe he kept her somewhere else prior to the burial, like under his mobile home.

Yes, familiar story, believe me.

And you're in the same state, something in the GA water? I'm kidding :)

If he were overly emotional, not able to get up and go do the "normal" things (work, shopping, cleaning), I could maybe see it. But from what I've read here, he seemed to be pretty cold and calculating in everything he's done in the past decade and a half. Sociopath , maybe? I don't want to even try to get into this guy's head... seems like a very scary place.

My heart goes out to Mickey's loved ones. I hope that they are able to bring her home and give her a beautiful place to rest very soon.

And you're in the same state, something in the GA water? I'm kidding :)

If he were overly emotional, not able to get up and go do the "normal" things (work, shopping, cleaning), I could maybe see it. But from what I've read here, he seemed to be pretty cold and calculating in everything he's done in the past decade and a half. Sociopath , maybe? I don't want to even try to get into this guy's head... seems like a very scary place.

My heart goes out to Mickey's loved ones. I hope that they are able to bring her home and give her a beautiful place to rest very soon.

Or maybe -- not enough of something in the water?? LOL

What kind of state do you think the body would be in? If it was buried, almost 3 months later? Would it just be bones?

After hurricane Rita several bodies were washed away from their gravesites due to the force of the flood waters in Esther. My hubby and father, along with members of the National Guard had the task of locating these bodies (some were still in the caskers, some were not). I saw one particular body that remained in the casket, however the top of the casket had a huge hole in it. This person had been buried for nearly a year and was not decomposed to the point of just bones. The hair was still all there, the fingernails and even some tissue attached to the bones-appeared to be muscular. It was a horrid sight and one i won't ever forget. This is my opinion only, but i'm assuming her body would still have tissue-especially hair. And she has very distinct hair. I am sure that the high temps may have made a difference, but probably not a huge difference.
I am so saddened by this outcome as I too, held on to a small sliver of hope for her to be found alive.

You don't go through much of Eunice before you hit 13. I was thinking ms was at his home in which case Melville would be way out of the way. If just go through Eunice that little piece rather than going way out of my way. 30 minute drive vs hour and some change drive. Just my thoughts. Isn't there a ferry I'm Melville? Not sure if he'd have to take it or not.

In a previous post I gave directions from his house in Swords via less traveled roads than taking 190w to 13N.

Someone asked if this was from Whiskey Bay and I said it was not.
From state rd 975 near Krotz Springs you can cross over the bridge and take the paved road on the west side of the river to Melville.

By the way- In Krotz Springs you can buy boudin balls stuffed with pepper jack cheese.yum!

Holy cow. I have been at work all day and night. Just got home and thought I would read the thread like I usually do before bedtime and was just shocked to see this. I am possibly even more shocked that this is the first I have heard. (No cell phones allowed in my building and not a lot of outside contact).

I sure will sleep a little bit easier knowing that Mickey is no longer alone out in the wilderness.

according to what was released the other day he held her captive for awhile. I am guessing she faught like hell and that pizzed him off and he killed her. I am wondering how long she was kept and how LE knew this and that he murdered her before she was found, was there evidence at his house, because the truck was burned so I doubt they could have been able to tell she was murdered from the truck......

according to what was released the other day he held her captive for awhile. I am guessing she faught like hell and that pizzed him off and he killed her. I am wondering how long she was kept and how LE knew this and that he murdered her before she was found, was there evidence at his house, because the truck was burned so I doubt they could have been able to tell she was murdered from the truck......

I don't believe he held her hostage. He was charged with murdering her on May 19th, IIRC. I didn't get that he took her to his home for sure, from those documents. Or that he ever moved her. The continued tampering of the body also has the meaning of continuing to withhold her location from LE.

I believe more than ever with BSL's reported fascination with cemeteries that it was him who stole BW's bike. Anyone else would have sold it or just kept it. I think as I've read previously on WS that maybe he wanted to see how easy it would be to just take something and I believe he was watching Mickey prior to May 19th. JMO, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member