IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea that CR carried her off and put her somewhere without any help is beyond imagination. Think of all those searches, all those man hours. Don't you think that if she was local, she would have been found? Just how far could CR get on his own? Personally, I can't even imagine him trying to drive with her in his car- although if he did, I am sure there would have been enough evidence for LE to pursue him more aggressively, at the very least.
Not one of the POIs seems superhuman to me, so I have pretty much ruled out any one of them acting alone, if any one of them were actually responsible for disappearing Lauren.

I think the idea that CR carried her off and put her somewhere without any help is beyond imagination. Think of all those searches, all those man hours. Don't you think that if she was local, she would have been found? Just how far could CR get on his own? Personally, I can't even imagine him trying to drive with her in his car- although if he did, I am sure there would have been enough evidence for LE to pursue him more aggressively, at the very least.
Not one of the POIs seems superhuman to me, so I have pretty much ruled out any one of them acting alone, if any one of them were actually responsible for disappearing Lauren.

Corey's car and home were searched with dogs. So, I'd say someone else took Lauren.

A bit of a re-post, but it never hurts to get eyes on the area again.

Please take a second to look over this map, you will immediately notice that it is much more up to date than Google Maps or any of the available online maps due to the high rate of construction in the area. This is the most up to date I can find, and it still doesn't show the more advanced construction of the 2 projects that were underway to the houses directly east of the 5North alley or to the huge property being built on the NW corner of 11th and College.

I know any of the locals in this thread are happy to help answer any questions on the updated geography or to help clarify what areas that previous stories may have mentioned.

Attachments

• 0616-Spierer-timeline-map.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Alrighty. Shall we revisit JW? After watching the Bo Dietel video interview again, I had a strong reaction this time to the points Bo made about him, in particular being the boyfriend but hiding behind his lawyer and not talking. There is such scant info and few rumors about JW. Hmmm...

Also in the same video interview Bo said they have "bits of evidence" they were testing to see if there was a DNA connection. Keylime, the first thing I thought about was her jacket, however I wouldn't think one would call that a "bit."

Alrighty. Shall we revisit JW? After watching the Bo Dietel video interview again, I had a strong reaction this time to the points Bo made about him, in particular being the boyfriend but hiding behind his lawyer and not talking. There is such scant info and few rumors about JW. Hmmm...

All I have to say..
And the seasons they go 'round and 'round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game

Sorry. After 5 North comes JW, and then, back to 5 North.
Sadly, without anything new can we ever hope to get off this carousel?

Thx for detailed" reported" timelines. Re-reveiwing all makes me wonder if LE has reviewed prior days videos of all parking lots- vehicles plates that normally as a pattern park in the lots near the alley activity and compared with video of days after dissappearance for inconsistency - absence of vehicle. The timeline. .seems..like she could have been put in a lot vehicle or went in on her own with coaxing.

When did JWs dad appear in Bloomington?

Wasn't JW's brother the first to imitate any conversation about LS on PT.

We need to slow down a bit. In BO's version, Lauren does not return to 10th and College at 3:38. But instead, Lauren and Corey remain there until the mystery witness arrives on the scene. This would support a later time for Lauren being seen on camera as reported by the White Plains newspaper. And, it makes Corey into THE MYSTERY MAN.

"remain there" , where? Do you mean straight from the gravel lot over to 3:38 location? And then from there someone took her away? If so, just how would CR be able to arrange this so quickly? He carried a disposable second cell phone? And he calls someone and they arrive within minutes to dispose of a body? If so, who would he call?

Based on her condition and then the 3:38 sighting, the idea that they never went to 5N and instead he carried her over to N. college would fit. It's a short distance. Again regardless of the timestamp, this seems quite possible. What happens after that? And how does CR convince MB and JR to make up stories and then to have JR make calls?

How is it beyond imagination that CR could break in to 10th and College from a side entrance the way he had done in the past, and hide her inside the building, or put her into the building's trash system? It doesn't require a lot of imagination because CR had done it before, just minus the 98 lb LS.

How is it beyond imagination that CR could break in to 10th and College from a side entrance the way he had done in the past, and hide her inside the building, or put her into the building's trash system? It doesn't require a lot of imagination because CR had done it before, just minus the 98 lb LS.

Well, because all of the entrances are on camera and because hiding her in a densely populated apartment complex central to the investigation's surveillance without any detection for over a year does seem to border on unimaginable.

I think you may be mixing up complexes in your break-in story. Are you referencing his attempting to enter Smallwood with a credit card in October 2010?

Well, you said it yourself even.

If he BLACKED OUT, why is he calling it amnesia? I could easily believe that CR blacked out. Easily.

I absolutley don't believe that he had a sudden convenient case of 'amnesia'. I think he has a penchant for lying and 'amnesia' sounded a lot better to him than 'blacked out', when being question by the authorities.

His lawyer called it amnesia. That is complete Lawyerese. Which makes it even more annoying.

Corey's car and home were searched with dogs. So, I'd say someone else took Lauren.

How about a dumpster? How about if she never made it back to 5 North and her body was deposited to a near dumpster that was not checked by the police the next morning?

"remain there" , where? Do you mean straight from the gravel lot over to 3:38 location? And then from there someone took her away? If so, just how would CR be able to arrange this so quickly? He carried a disposable second cell phone? And he calls someone and they arrive within minutes to dispose of a body? If so, who would he call?

Based on her condition and then the 3:38 sighting, the idea that they never went to 5N and instead he carried her over to N. college would fit. It's a short distance. Again regardless of the timestamp, this seems quite possible. What happens after that? And how does CR convince MB and JR to make up stories and then to have JR make calls?

CR doesn't convince MB nor JR to make up stories or dummy phone calls for him. You don't really believe this is a possibility by light of day, do you?

If I remember right, I read that CR's car was searched on June 10th. That is 7days after LS goes missing. If CR took his car in for detailing in between would the dogs still be able to pick up LS scent if she had been in the car? We also know that JR's car was in the shop but do we know if MB had a car.

Let's try to follow what BO is saying now. He has Corey and Lauren hanging out in the vicinity of ZO's abode until the mystery woman witness arrives on the scene. She sees Lauren fall. To Tony Gatto, she claims the clock on the corner says 3:38. It is after this, Lauren and Corey head north up the alley.

If I remember right, I read that CR's car was searched on June 10th. That is 7days after LS goes missing. If CR took his car in for detailing in between would the dogs still be able to pick up LS scent if she had been in the car? We also know that JR's car was in the shop but do we know if MB had a car.

I don't think this would fool the dog and the police would note the attempted cover up. I don't believe the police searched any other cars. Only Corey's.

How about a dumpster? How about if she never made it back to 5 North and her body was deposited to a near dumpster that was not checked by the police the next morning?

If this happened? This was an easy case. And, it is a case of total human incompetence.

What bothers me: Being part of the IU student community, then and last year, would give JW an edge, IMO. If there was anything to hear, I'd think he'd be the one to hear it. He's obviously on the outs with CR and probably MB and JR ... but still. And he has a doubly vested interest, being LS' boyfriend and a POI. Maybe that made him an outsider after the fact?

Also, since we've now read that LS allegedly did Klonopin with DR, I'd assume that JW knew she had access to that type of drug. I'm not insinuating that she was into that culture ... just that he probably knew where it came from. IDK ... my kids sometimes tell me more than I want to know about what goes on in our little town (though I'm glad they're up front and honest). Just saying.

From that perspective ... if DR was the one she did Klonopin with, why would the others be so worried about her ODing? That makes me question what really happened to her. Unless they added something or somehow (i.e., provided it) to the mix? Just thinking aloud ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery