IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not sure they would risk swapping a drug charge for murder Unless there wss more to the story. It would harder to prove where she got the drug especially since she had drugs in her room, (is that fact or rumor)

I think it speaks volumes when the PI's say that kids are doing drugs left and right and that could not be the reason behind this. They were open about their use (most likely from the PI's interview with JR- the LoHud article says he's the one making the statements about the drugs and no other POI's attorney has denied it). And if LS and DR snorted klonopin before even arriving at JR's, there's a chance they bought the drug from someone else.

As for the group gang bang, I don't see it in this case. IMO.
So you have ruled out drugs and sex.

Gotta be rock-n-roll then?

;)

My issue with the theory that LS never makes it to 5N is the time frame.

She is last spotted on camera leaving the alley between the 10th and College apartments walking towards the gravel lot. The lot is a few hundred feet, probably takes 30 seconds to cross, maybe longer if you're staggering/carrying. Then you arrive at the back of 5N. I just don't see how she died in that minute walk.

When I checked Google, it says the distance is 302 ft. Google Maps also does not show the route as directly across, but using Morton St so i'm assuming the gravel lot is under 300 ft across.

Also, i've looked back at the camera posts but couldn't find my answer. In the LoHud video, the PI's say something along the lines of "and then they crossed the gravel lot... it was a mixture of her staggering, him pulling and carrying her"

Are there cameras at 10th and College that at least cover a fraction of the lot? Maybe in the distance?

I really don't care much for what this PI said. What does he know? There was recently a young woman falling from the party bus. 911 calls came in from drivers on the road, but the passengers on the party bus did not call 911 immediately, and didn't alert the driver. So the bus drove away.
They were concerned of getting into trouble. Eventually they told the driver, who called police, but by then more than 20 minutes passed. After police was called, most of them fled. And this woman fell from the bus by herself, no one pushed her. Yet, apparently they still were concerned about themselves getting into trouble. Shows the mindset that could have played a role in the Lauren's case, IMO.

"Burnsville police told FOX 9 News they fielded multiple calls reporting a body on the side of the road, but they say passengers aboard the party bus the young woman fell from were conflicted about helping their friend and helping themselves avoid underage drinking charges."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/1...ghway-nobody-on-board-calls-11/#ixzz24IcNJqTV

I mean I agree that some people are incredibly stupid. Good news that she lived! Probably not friends with those kids anymore either.

The PIs never said this, that is your own interpretation.

??

Yes they did.
http://www.lohud.com/article/20120603/news02/306030045

"Drugs were so prevalent in that environment that Dietl, the private investigator, said he can’t believe their use alone would be reason enough for Spierer’s friends to possibly cover something up.

“Every kid’s buying pot, cocaine, drinking, pills,” he said. “I mean, it’s all over the place. So that really can’t be the motive behind it.”

I always considered that comment from Dietl a ruse, anyway.

I mean, c'mon now. He is trying to say that almost everyone at IU is either doing or selling drugs. By Dietl's estimation, it is really no big deal, so why not just acknowledge the drug sales/usage, huh?

No, Dietl is on a fishing expedition.

I really consider that a jab at BPD tbch, think about it :)

I've always found it very easy to buy the dumpster theory. Especially when you consider her size and that she could've been fit into a hockey duffle bag. Even in broad daylight, this wouldn't look abnormal since it was when school was out for the summer and you would assume some people are still moving out.

The same goes for carrying a large over-the-shoulder bag out to a car. Sad, but true.

I have wondered about those dorm sized refrigerators. They would be airtight and not unusual to see when moving out for the summer. Not a pleasant thought, either.

The City of Bloomington does not pick up the trash at 5 North.

Sears & Sons did at the time.
A simple phone call could clear up questions about their scheduled pickup day/time there.

Here is 5 North dumpster at the time.
ibfgpf.jpg

Are the 5 North dumpsters covered by any cameras?

Yes they did.

"Drugs were so prevalent in that environment that Dietl, the private investigator, said he can’t believe their use alone would be reason enough for Spierer’s friends to possibly cover something up.

“Every kid’s buying pot, cocaine, drinking, pills,” he said. “I mean, it’s all over the place. So that really can’t be the motive behind it.”

Again, what does he know.
Somebody can be buying pot, cocaine and pills all day long. Doesn't mean they want to get caught and exposed.

My issue with that theory is that JR would somehow have to be convinced to make himself the last known person to have seen her.
And how stupid does one have to be, in order to claim to be the last known person to have seen a missing girl if one didn't see the missing girl?

I always considered that comment from Dietl a rouse, anyway.

I mean, c'mon now. He is trying to say that almost everyone at IU is either doing or selling drugs. By Dietl's estimation, it is really no big deal, so why not just acknowledge the drug sales/usage, huh?

No, Dietl is on a fishing expedition.

I really consider that a jab at BPD tbch, think about it :)

A ruse, maybe. ;)

I think Dietl also likes to exaggerate for dramatic effect. Personally, it makes me think he has little else to offer when he does this. The other guys have the substance.

how stupid does one have to be, in order to claim to be the last known person to have seen a missing girl if one didn't see the missing girl?

... or, 'soulless' or ' a great liar' possibly?

I have heard JR being described as possessing both of these traits by his peers (his college roommates at the time of Lauren's disappearance, and fellow summer camp companions as well. A Pter who is best friends with JR's roommates from NJ, and a campmate of JR's said this).

Yes they did.

It sure would be motive enough to cover up drug use if said drug use caused an overdose.

She is last spotted on camera leaving the alley between the 10th and College apartments walking towards the gravel lot. The lot is a few hundred feet, probably takes 30 seconds to cross, maybe longer if you're staggering/carrying. Then you arrive at the back of 5N. I just don't see how she died in that minute walk.

When I checked Google, it says the distance is 302 ft. Google Maps also does not show the route as directly across, but using Morton St so i'm assuming the gravel lot is under 300 ft across.

Also, i've looked back at the camera posts but couldn't find my answer. In the LoHud video, the PI's say something along the lines of "and then they crossed the gravel lot... it was a mixture of her staggering, him pulling and carrying her"

Are there cameras at 10th and College that at least cover a fraction of the lot? Maybe in the distance?

Depending on the angle of the camera and the range it captures, it might pick up a fraction of the lot. I don't know of any cameras in the distance that would pick it up either. That would be a powerful camera.

It sure would be motive enough to cover up drug use if said drug use caused an overdose.

I suppose but they could have just put her outside for her body to be found. If someone found her dead from an apparent OD, they would have no idea where the drugs were from and police most likely wouldnt investigate into where she got the drugs. Why go through disposing of a body?

Police wouldn't investigate how she got into drugs? Please. If a young woman is found dead on the street, I don't doubt for a second police would be investigating what had happened to her. We are talking about a young woman from a certain socio-economic background, after all.

I suppose but they could have just put her outside for her body to be found. If someone found her dead from an apparent OD, they would have no idea where the drugs were from and police most likely wouldnt investigate into where she got the drugs?
BPD may have been portrayed as being from Mayberry, but I give them much more credit than this comment.

If BPD, ISP, IUPD, FBI, dispatch police, Monroe Co. Sheriffs dept , and the
Spierer family gumshoes (did I forget anyone? I apologize)... had a body, we all wouldn't be here now trying to help them do their jobs, is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther