IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happened? This was an easy case. And, it is a case of total human incompetence.

Sometimes complicated cases have simple solutions. If someone does not believe the account of the POIs that she left alone at 4.30 am (and I dont believe it for a second), this may be a good possibility. Except, that I dont know if there was collection of dumpsters by the city the next morning. It was Saturday, right?

Klonopin is designed to be absorbed through the stomach. It is less effective if you snort it because you only get a buzz after a snotty paste runs down the back of the throat and reaches your gut. Only a newbie would try that. It's much more effective to take as directed by mouth.

Sometimes complicated cases have simple solutions. If someone does not believe the account of the POIs that she left alone at 4.30 am (and I dont believe it for a second), this may be a good possibility. Except, that I dont know if there was collection of dumpsters by the city the next morning. It was Saturday, right?

You are making a case for human stupidity blowing a simple case. I really hope Lauren was not disrespected in this manner. I have read that the dumpsters were emptied more than 10 hours before she was reported missing.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2.../Elizabeth-Smart-father-join-Holly-Bobo-event
Elizabeth Smart, father to join Holly Bobo event
Kidnapping survivor Elizabeth Smart and her father will join Holly Bobo’s family Monday night in Jackson in an effort to keep the issue of abduction in the public eye and to encourage Bobo’s safe return.
The event is free, open to the public and is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. at Scotts Hill High School. Elizabeth Smart and her father, Ed Smart, will share their story, said Kevin Bromley, a spokesman for the Bobo family.

You are making a case for human stupidity blowing a simple case. I really hope Lauren was not disrespected in this manner. I have read that the dumpsters were emptied more than 10 hours before she was reported missing.

Unfortunately, I think that is a good possibility. It could explain everything. But as this happened Friday evening, early Saturday morning (? right) does the city of Bloomington collects dumpster material on Saturday morning? I thought she was reported missing Saturday afternoon? or was it Friday afternoon?

What bothers me: Being part of the IU student community, then and last year, would give JW an edge, IMO. If there was anything to hear, I'd think he'd be the one to hear it. He's obviously on the outs with CR and probably MB and JR ... but still. And he has a doubly vested interest, being LS' boyfriend and a POI. Maybe that made him an outsider after the fact?

Also, since we've now read that LS allegedly did Klonopin with DR, I'd assume that JW knew she had access to that type of drug. I'm not insinuating that she was into that culture ... just that he probably knew where it came from. IDK ... my kids sometimes tell me more than I want to know about what goes on in our little town (though I'm glad they're up front and honest). Just saying.

From that perspective ... if DR was the one she did Klonopin with, why would the others be so worried about her ODing? That makes me question what really happened to her. Unless they added something or somehow (i.e., provided it) to the mix? Just thinking aloud ...

I'm interested, but not quite following...what type of info are you referring to that JW would hear? Lauren's activities that night?

Yes, compared to the other POI he is atypical. I understand the reasoning of hiding behind his lawyer, staying out of the media, etc. but his silence all this time is deafening.

Put it this way: The only thing he has done to demonstrate any care or concern is reported her missing. All we have after that are those odd FB posts and his outrage at the media from his front door.

If I were an innocent loved one of a missing person I would want to be interviewed and profiled and give my story in order to keep the case alive.

Unfortunately, I think that is a good possibility. It could explain everything. But as this happened Friday evening, early Saturday morning (? right) does the city of Bloomington collects dumpster material on Saturday morning? I thought she was reported missing Saturday afternoon? or was it Friday afternoon?

It was Thursday night, early Friday morning. I read the dumpster was emptied around 6 that morning. Lauren was reported missing after 4 PM.

When did JWs dad appear in Bloomington?

Wasn't JW's brother the first to imitate any conversation about LS on PT.

Lauren was reported missing on Friday and JW's dad was there by Sunday iirc.

The first person to make a thread on PT was someone who said that he went to high school with LS, their families are friends, and his sister and Lauren's older sister are BEST friends. His family flew in to B'town to help with the search.

JW's brother first posted on The Bort, which is a discussion group for the band Umphrees McGee. JWs brother is/was a PT member, but only posted once the entire time the topic was being discussed, and that was only when some smart alec claimed that JR confessed (of course he hasn't).

It was Thursday night, early Friday morning. I read the dumpster was emptied around 6 that morning. Lauren was reported missing after 4 PM.

Ok...In my opinion thats the highest possibility. That she never made it back to 5 North and that her body was disposed in a dumpster. According to this theory, the story about her returning to 5 North and leaving after 4.30 was fabricated after the fact.

Alternatively, she might have made it back to 5 North for some time, and her body was disposed to a dumpster from there. In either case, 2-3 people must be lying.

Ok...In my opinion thats the highest possibility. That she never made it back to 5 North and that her body was disposed in a dumpster. According to this theory, the story about her returning to 5 North and leaving after 4.30 was fabricated after the fact.

Alternatively, she might have made it back to 5 North for some time, and her body was disposed to a dumpster from there. In either case, 2-3 people must be lying.

I've always found it very easy to buy the dumpster theory. Especially when you consider her size and that she could've been fit into a hockey duffle bag. Even in broad daylight, this wouldn't look abnormal since it was when school was out for the summer and you would assume some people are still moving out.

The same goes for carrying a large over-the-shoulder bag out to a car. Sad, but true.

We would have a better answer if humans had got to work in a timely manner.
But, humans must establish their pecking order before they can work together.
They must have meetings, and meetings about meetings. Then they like to create red tape. Perhaps a very simple case was blown by stupid humans and their big fat egos. Bummer!

If this happened? This was an easy case. And, it is a case of total human incompetence.

I don't know if there is a different schedule for construction dumpsters, but the regular trash in Bloomington is picked up only on Monday-Thursday. On the other hand, even if dumpsters were searched ove the weekend, the searchers may not have looked inside every large black trash bag.

I never understood why BPD initially said that the landfill had been searched when it wasn't really searched until months had passed.

I don't know if there is a different schedule for construction dumpsters, but the regular trash in Bloomington is picked up only on Monday-Thursday. On the other hand, even if dumpsters were searched ove the weekend, the searchers may not have looked inside every large black trash bag.

I never understood why BPD initially said that the landfill had been searched when it wasn't really searched until months had passed.

A dog should have found her if the dumpster was not empty. Anyway, I would like to disprove this theory because it's so very very disrespectful to her and her family.

The problem with the dumpster theory is that would mean JR and MB inserted themselves into a missing persons case with no good reason, wouldn't it? If she never made it back to 5 North and neither of them had seen her then why would they say they when it only puts focus on them. It seems like if she hadn't been there then would they bother coming up with a story, wouldn't they just say that they hadn't seen her.
Also, I have a hard time with the JW theory because I have a hard time beliving that even if he were really pissed at her that when he saw her in that condition, from the fall, that he would have hurt her further. Usually that sort of thing, discovering someone is injured, will diffuse a situation turning anger into concern. It would for most people, I think.

The problem with the dumpster theory is that would mean JR and MB inserted themselves into a missing persons case with no good reason, wouldn't it?

Well, as has been stated, there may HAVE been reasons if JR/MB etc. had been involved in supplying Lauren drugs, or been involved in some form of sexual assault.

It would be nice to know about when dumpsters were actually checked versus emptied to either keep that possibility alive or discard it entirely (depending on how thoroughly it was searched... if at all).

Occam's Razor comes into play here if a nearby dumpster wasn't searched before being emptied. There would still be question marks about 'why' but there are plenty of simple answers to that and ways to tie the 3 5N people into it at varying levels without needing to involve additional people, conspiracies that must be held together, planning, drug dealers, and lots of forensic evidence cleanup.

That said, I still don't understand how in all the speculation JW so easily gets a pass. Hypothetically, if you assume the 5N bunch to be telling the truth, or at least not to be guilty of her disappearance even if they have held back info to protect themselves, then does JW really have a solid alibi that would eliminate him from being a high level POI? Statistically, he would be exactly that. And there would certainly be a jealousy motive that could be at play.

Next up, what about a jilted suitor scenario? And does anything having to do with the Smallwood confrontation tie into that type of scenario? I'm surprised at how little media play or speculation and rumor this confrontation has generated. I find it very odd that someone that disappeared a few minutes (within a couple of hours basically) later is tied to a confrontation and the confrontation seems almost an afterthought.

Random abduction is statistically about the lowest probability but it has to remain a possibility too.

Well, as has been stated, there may HAVE been reasons if JR/MB etc. had been involved in supplying Lauren drugs, or been involved in some form of sexual assault.

I think it speaks volumes when the PI's say that kids are doing drugs left and right and that could not be the reason behind this. They were open about their use (most likely from the PI's interview with JR- the LoHud article says he's the one making the statements about the drugs and no other POI's attorney has denied it). And if LS and DR snorted klonopin before even arriving at JR's, there's a chance they bought the drug from someone else.

As for the group gang bang, I don't see it in this case. IMO.

I really don't care much for what this PI said. What does he know? There was recently a young woman falling from the party bus. 911 calls came in from drivers on the road, but the passengers on the party bus did not call 911 immediately, and didn't alert the driver. So the bus drove away.
They were concerned of getting into trouble. Eventually they told the driver, who called police, but by then more than 20 minutes passed. After police was called, most of them fled. And this woman fell from the bus by herself, no one pushed her. Yet, apparently they still were concerned about themselves getting into trouble. Shows the mindset that could have played a role in the Lauren's case, IMO.

"Burnsville police told FOX 9 News they fielded multiple calls reporting a body on the side of the road, but they say passengers aboard the party bus the young woman fell from were conflicted about helping their friend and helping themselves avoid underage drinking charges."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/1...ghway-nobody-on-board-calls-11/#ixzz24IcNJqTV

It would be nice to know about when dumpsters were actually checked versus emptied to either keep that possibility alive or discard it entirely (depending on how thoroughly it was searched... if at all).

I don't know if there is a different schedule for construction dumpsters, but the regular trash in Bloomington is picked up only on Monday-Thursday.

The City of Bloomington does not pick up the trash at 5 North.

Sears & Sons did at the time.
A simple phone call could clear up questions about their scheduled pickup day/time there.

Here is 5 North dumpster at the time.
ibfgpf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members