IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose but they could have just put her outside for her body to be found. If someone found her dead from an apparent OD, they would have no idea where the drugs were from and police most likely wouldnt investigate into where she got the drugs. Why go through disposing of a body?

IMO, if you are going to tell the story JR tells, (and you are guilty), you leave LS somewhere along the way back to Smallwood (in whatever condition).
Tossing her in the dumpster doesn't allow you as much leeway. Getting her completely out of town is more complicated.

No matter how I think this through, JR has to know more; has to be able to provide more clarity. I guess he can not prove that she walked out his door. No cameras to help. No witnesses either, apparently. Or maybe she didn't walk out alone.

Alrighty. Shall we revisit JW? After watching the Bo Dietel video interview again, I had a strong reaction this time to the points Bo made about him, in particular being the boyfriend but hiding behind his lawyer and not talking. There is such scant info and few rumors about JW. Hmmm...

Originally, I had a problem with JW's behavior which includes the comment allegedly posted by his brother on The Bort. He seemed too certain early on that the situation was dire. Now maybe that is his personality....Maybe, also, he knew something else but wasn't involved...

My biggest bias is that I can not reconcile that LS was capable of walking out of JR's. So, for me, if JW caught up with her, in any condition, JR and he are involved in her disappearance together. That, too, doesn't seem plausible or rather, likely, to me.

It always comes back to, "Why does JR say she left his place at 4:30?"
She is intoxicated and banged up. No one mentions any ice packs, band aids nor Neosporin for Lauren. (I know, they aren't nursing students) Someone convince me that it is possible she could have gone on her merry, shoeless, way....

Police wouldn't investigate how she got into drugs? Please. If a young woman is found dead on the street, I don't doubt for a second police would be investigating what had happened to her. We are talking about a young woman from a certain socio-economic background, after all.

It seems that after the death was ruled an OD, the police would rule it as that... a college student who took it too far. Most likely, finding out who she got the drugs from would not lead to some big drug bust so why would BPD use all their resources? Now, if LS's parents wanted to press charges, then yes the police would likely dig deeper. And say that they do... Can't the 5N boys say they don't know where she got the drugs? Clean up your stash for a bit so police don't find it and wait it out? Disposing of her body immediately makes it foul play.

To me, there are a lot of questions with this theory. Just like any other theory that has come along. So the 5N boys, a mix of who was involved out of the three, decides to dispose a dead girl's body when they did not cause her death? So they are so scared of police coming after them for providing drugs, that instead they place themselves as the last persons to see her and hide her body? They must have known that it would immediately be suspected as foul play. Say they threw her in the dumpster, isn't that a risky place?

And why are we assuming that she got the drugs from any of these boys because there is no evidence to that. LS took drugs with DR BEFORE she even met up at JR's. And she had a small bag of drugs in her Smallwood apartment as well. She seems to have a drug connection through DR if anything.

Unfortunately, drug use in college towns and how prevalent and common it is to these students is being underestimated. Drugs are EVERYWHERE in college neighborhoods. Everyone has done them and does them regularly. From someone in this environment, I have a hard time believing they provided her a drug, she took it willingly, OD's, and they hide the body to cover it up. Not with how common it is. (Now, to make a note on that, even with how regular it is there are no "king pins" or high level drug dealers involved with college kids either).

Now, if CR slipped her a drug at the bar that changes things. Most "date rape" drugs are specific, and commonly used for just that. That would be a reason to hide a body. That could also explain why CR got so defensive when anyone asked if LS needed help. But where does JR come in to all this?

Too many holes :banghead:

The drug OD theory does not make sense. And, why keep Lauren hid still to this day?
My bet is that Lauren's location will betray the identity of the bad boy.

Trying to speculate on what JR or MB or CR would consider "logical" seems...well, I just think that if they hid her body, they were too wasted and freaking out to weigh potential criminal charges against each other or even think much about the "best" hiding place. A rush of adrenaline could sober you up after 3 beers, but 5 shots plus cocaine plus whatever else? And I know this is all alleged, but I've been to parties at Smallwood etc before and I doubt these dudes were just sipping a few beers.

Even if they were in their right minds, am I the only former Bloomington resident who had NO idea there were cameras stationed in public places? I don't know that they would have mapped the location of local cameras before disposing of LS, if that's what happened.

I went to school at IU as I mentioned before, so I feel like I know JR, MB, and CR's "type" - the kind of people I resented for running around the quaint town in my home state like they freaking owned the place. So what injustice that they've purchased silence! Except my resentment towards the stereotype I've created of them doesn't actually mean they're guilty.

Why doesn't it make sense?

Many reasons. But among them, if I'm going to hide you body because you ODed on my coke, I'm also going to retrieve the bag of coke from your room.
And, it would be goofy to sit and watch you die when you could be dropped off at a hospital or taken outside and dial 911. And, why go to all this trouble to hide a body? There's much more I could say.

It is looking like LS will not be found.

She'd be packed off or packing off for senior year about now. The upperclassmen, including JR, already on their way with careers and advanced degrees.

No body. No crime. No consciences. No confessions. It is too late for anyone to be a hero.

If only there was such a thing as a soul. And someone had one.

Or did she walk away at 4:30 bruised, without shoes, reflexes and sobriety into the random world of....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500