CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
aurora may have had a couple inches of snow, but aurora is about 45 minutes away from westmisnter. we had no snow on the ground in westminster last week, just a rain/ sleet combo.
the mountains really arent a significant drive from arvada/ westminster. you can be in the foothills in abt 30 minutes and high up in the rockies (the continental divide) in abt an hour

Much better hiding places up there....and yet he chose a place where the remains were close to the road and basically out in the open.

I hate to say this but it would not have taken that much more time to bury the body parts!!

I wonder if he buried the missing parts, in an attempt to increase the feeling power/control.....to taunt police.

I would say that he is probably feeling rather proud of himself right know :furious:

Per the transmission on the scanner thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It seems like LE may have talked to a witness who thinks they saw Jessica walking with a purple pillow pet unicorn and caller was confirming with Mom yes, she does have one and asking her the last time she saw it. Then maybe we don't hear part of the transmission - maybe a question was asked such as when did the supposed witness see Jessica - and the answer to that question is 'around 8:30 from the rec center she was heading south' (paraphrasing).

Then maybe LE is confirming Mom located the pillow pet at home (on scene) and therefore they are saying if a witness did see her from the rec center with it - she would have had to go back home with it - since Mom found it at home.

Very odd.

THANK YOU FOR STATING THAT IN A WAY THAT I COULD NOT...BUT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY!! LOL

I do not think it is plausible that she left with her pillow pet, went to the rec center, returned home to drop off the pillow pet, and then leave again ... just my opinion.

it appears the neighbor reported their own basement door being open and unlocked, as if this was unexpected and not done by the neighbor. it sounds like that neighbor also has kids who walk to school, but not sure.

something was amiss in the neighborhood that morning, if you ask me.

Some have requested accurate weather information for Oct. 5 and Oct. 6.

weather_condition_oct05_oct06jpg_zpsd85c4f7f.jpg

weather_oct05_zps17f81c37.jpg

weather_oct05_detail_zpsb98ffa56.jpg

the only thing I can figure is "here/on scene" = ball park or field (at school???). and they do believe she would have walked to the friend's house. they looked for the backpack between "here" and friend's house.

questions about the phone call -

first one came from J's landline to friend's house at 4:30AM!!!

then another call from mom's cell to friend's house at 7:40AM

***MOM SAID J'S ALARM GOES OFF AT 7:45. HOW COULD J CALL FRIEND USING MOM'S CELL AT 7:40 IF HER ALARM HADN'T GONE OFF YET?*****

there was much interest in a neighbor's house (on a different street) and basement. this may have been the house that was searched intently multiple times.

I'm confused. I heard about a call to friend's house at 16:30 (not 4:30 am). That would probably be asking if he'd seen Jessica. MOO

Re Jessica calling at 7:40 she might have been awake before her alarm clock was set to go off. (Just thinking out loud.)

I can't keep up! Work is getting in my way here!

One thing I do not get is the cell phone pings? Whose cell phone pings?

Jessica was only 10, did she have a cell phone? A zillion people travel within those three towers. I am confused as usual.

Trying to see if someone's cellphone hit all three of the towers near the three locations. Not Jessica's--the perp's.

this is most likely as the CC was at J's home at first, correct? so on scene would be CC or last known whereabouts?
It is possible on scene was elsewhere, but prob wherever the SGT was. anyone know where the SGT would consider "on scene" to be?

Per the transmission on the scanner thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It seems like LE may have talked to a witness who thinks they saw Jessica walking with a purple pillow pet unicorn and caller was confirming with Mom yes, she does have one and asking her the last time she saw it. Then maybe we don't hear part of the transmission - maybe a question was asked such as when did the supposed witness see Jessica - and the answer to that question is 'around 8:30 from the rec center she was heading south' (paraphrasing).

Then maybe LE is confirming Mom located the pillow pet at home (on scene) and therefore they are saying if a witness did see her from the rec center with it - she would have had to go back home with it - since Mom found it at home.

Very odd.

Just a (hopefully helpful) note:
I learned that you can quote a single post by clicking on the post number on the top right of post...then you will see just that post, at which point you can then copy and paste that link into your post. I am letting you all know this because post #'s and page #'s often change either by mod clean-up of threads or deleted posts...HTH (and makes sense.)

Thanks....I couldn't remember how to do that :rocker:

Some have requested accurate weather information for Oct. 5 and Oct. 6.

weather_condition_oct05_oct06jpg_zpsd85c4f7f.jpg

Seems awfully cold for a child to be walking to school. How far away is the school and did Mom have a car? tia

You guys can discuss what is posted in the Scanner Forum, you just can't quote the transcriptions. Linking to it and speculating on what it might be about is fine.

Personally, I like it better when you guys discuss it in the Scanner Forum to prevent rumors, but as long as you guys are making it clear that you are discussing a transcription, it's fine.

bumping up Kimster's clarification on scanner discussion upstairs.

The bold is by me and I am in total agreement with Kimster.

Wear purple today in honor of Jessica and her family.

Awesome notion. I have also set my facebook profile pic to a purple unicorn for her. I don't feel much like smiling, but I think that she would smile if she saw everyone doing these things for her.

Ok, never mind on the fingerprints, I see lots already said the same thing....

As for the pillowpet, was Jessica planning to stay overnight with a friend that night? Could explain other clothes?

I'm confused though, were in fact clothes and glasses found in the backpack? Has this been confirmed? That would explain also why the police, about the next day, put out pictures of her without her glasses. Someone please fill me in. Can't read the threads fast enough!

There has been no confirmation re: clothes and glasses, this is just speculation IMO.

the only thing I can figure is "here/on scene" = ball park or field (at school???). and they do believe she would have walked to the friend's house. they looked for the backpack between "here" and friend's house.

questions about the phone call -

first one came from J's landline to friend's house at 4:30AM!!!

then another call from mom's cell to friend's house at 7:40AM

***MOM SAID J'S ALARM GOES OFF AT 7:45. HOW COULD J CALL FRIEND USING MOM'S CELL AT 7:40 IF HER ALARM HADN'T GONE OFF YET?*****

there was much interest in a neighbor's house (on a different street) and basement. this may have been the house that was searched intently multiple times.

I believe it is 4:30 pm that afternoon a call was made from landline at Jessica's to J's house (probably asking if they had seen her all day).

Your point is good though about calling J with Mom's cell phone at 7:40 if her alarm goes off at 7:45!! Good catch!!

Also do you have info about which house was searched or can you direct me to where I can find out that info? Tia!

Trying to see if someone's cellphone hit all three of the towers near the three locations. Not Jessica's--the perp's.

Ok,,,but I am sure there are people that live there that their phones hit all three towers too and have nothing to do with this.
Why do they think the person had a cell phone on them, did I miss something?? And thank you!

I can't keep up! Work is getting in my way here!

One thing I do not get is the cell phone pings? Whose cell phone pings?

Jessica was only 10, did she have a cell phone? A zillion people travel within those three towers. I am confused as usual.

It sounds like they are going to sort throught that zillion calls and narrow down to numbers that hit all three towers. A good comuter program could do this in a timely manner? IDK?

Just heard on HLN that LE is comparing cell phone tower data from towers in the area where the backpack was found/area of Jessica's home/and location where body was found, looking for commonality in spacific numbers.

Finally caught up! My thoughts...one doesn't have to be a criminal mastermind to accomplish what has been done. Simply watching late night crime shows on TV gives a plethora of information. The "not intact" body got me thinking. A couple of weeks ago there was a crime show about the wood chipper murder on late night TV. Initially there was very little evidence of what happened to the guys wife. Evidently he murdered her, froze the body, cut it up (less evidence), and put it through a wood chipper. I think the perp is smart enough to know that if he disposes of body parts in trash they will go to the landfill. And could be traced back to home. Also, I remember watching the show on the husband who dismembered his wife and put parts in garbage bags and distributed them. Sick, sick people.

The ultimate power trip......I'll only give you some of the parts and the rest you will never find......what a ***hole!! God I hope the family gets thru this.

ok, yes. 4:30 would have been J's mom calling friend's dad to ask if he's seen her, correct? it was mentioned in the same sentence as the 7:30 AM call so I thought they meant AM at first. but they did say "got another call" at 4:30.
the weird thing is, they say that 4:30 call listed J at "this house". does that mean she was at her own house? maybe they mis-spoke? but it would indicate "on scene" is J's house, correct?
also, it is mentioned that J called friend at 7:40, not 7:30 when the friend's father said he recv'd the call. This is all before J's alarm went off at 7:45AM per the mom's interview.

something does not add up with the calls and the friend.

I'm confused. I heard about a call to friend's house at 16:30 (not 4:30 am). That would probably be asking is he'd seen Jessica. MOO

Re Jessica calling at 7:40 she might have been awake before her alarm clock was set to go off. (Just thinking out loud.)

Ok,,,but I am sure there are people that live there that their phones hit all three towers too and have nothing to do with this.
Why do they think the person had a cell phone on them, did I miss something?? And thank you!

It's merely a process of elimination. The pool of people whose phones hit all 3 towers will be whittled down based on the profile set forth by the FBI. Based on the premise that most folks have a cell phone, it's just one more investigative tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600