CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me wondering about this, but isn't it realistic to think the killed needed to either wash his clothing or throw them away? Anyone see something strange at a laundromat, or has LE searched nearby trash?

Warning: Somewhat graphic
I'm thinking the same thing and someone, somewhere would have had to have heard a saw...and the amount of blood, the average human body has 10 pints of blood. How in the world would someone be able to clean up so well and never have anyone suspect a thing. :waitasec:

I'm thinking the same thing and someone, somewhere would have had to have heard a saw...and the amount of blood, the average human body has 10 pints of blood. How in the world would someone be able to clean up so well and never have anyone suspect a thing. :waitasec:

He lives alone. Has his own washer, bleach & dryer.

Might be nothing, might be something though. Lone male shoots Border Guard at BC crossing. Van with mattress in back had Washington plates. Person had to be pretty desperate to shoot a female Border Guard. I do realize that Washington is a great distance from Co but..................... if the person who killed Jessica wasn't a local, then maybe he traveled and trolled Western States???

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-border-guard-shot-in-booth-at-b-c-crossing-1.998401

Could they be family members? They seem to have quite a few relatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm re-reading the thread pages as I couldn't watch the service, post and read comments all at the same time.

I'm not sure who was operating the camera that enabled us all to watch the memorial service via the Internet. I'm clueless as to how the live streaming works and who would be in charge of controlling the footage. It was streamed live so no editing occured. Maybe a novice camerman/woman?

Wouldn't the person behind the camera be someone who works for K whatever it is TV, the local news station?

I am reading an Ann Rule book right now and it seems the killer she wrote about froze the body before dismembering it with a chainsaw. Would that make it less messy?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Not that I think this is what happened, but if frozen I think there is less of a mess. Also, is it hunting season in Colorado? I know when my SO goes hunting I don't question the blood.....hmm lol.

Is it just me wondering about this, but isn't it realistic to think the killed needed to either wash his clothing or throw them away? Anyone see something strange at a laundromat, or has LE searched nearby trash?

IMO
I was just thinking about where the person could have prepared the body before he ended up driving around dumping remains, and I kind of concluded this perp must live alone. I just dont see it any other way. I think he must be a loner type person living alone. And I agree he probably just threw his clothes out or burned them or something. I dont think he would have washed them.

I kind of concluded he acted alone because I just dont think anybody else would remain silent if they had a partner with this type of crazy mentality. My goodness, if he had a partner, the partner would probably call LE himself because of fear of his own life with how crazy he is.

So, assuming he is a loner, the only spot the perp could have done this would either be his home or some other spot where he knew he would be totally alone. Because he took her in daylight hours, I think his own residence is the bet I am going with at the moment. I am thinking he had her there all day and that same evening is when he drove around to dump all the items.

The crazy risk he took just driving around dumping stuff tells us the type of mentality this crazy person has. He was not worried too much about being pulled over obviously. I do think he did the dumping that very night during nighttime hours. He knew those spots beforehand from being there before. I keep thinking he may have used his work vehicle because he would felt much safer in it if he ever was pulled over, and if he had work truck, it may have also been a lure to get poor Jessica near the truck to take her.

Just popping in before bed. I'm praying for Jessica's family. I can't imagine how hard tonight must have been.

I'm curious if the killer would have attended the memorial tonight. Was there an increased police or FBI prescence there?

Might be nothing, might be something though. Lone male shoots Border Guard at BC crossing. Van with mattress in back had Washington plates. Person had to be pretty desperate to shoot a female Border Guard. I do realize that Washington is a great distance from Co but..................... if the person who killed Jessica wasn't a local, then maybe he traveled and trolled Western States???

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-border-guard-shot-in-booth-at-b-c-crossing-1.998401

What a surprise that he was driving a white van.

I am reading an Ann Rule book right now and it seems the killer she wrote about froze the body before dismembering it with a chainsaw. Would that make it less messy?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am pretty sure that after awhile blood coagulates/clots in a dead body because of lack of circulation, so there would be little bleeding.

Just popping in before bed. I'm praying for Jessica's family. I can't imagine how hard tonight must have been.

I'm curious if the killer would have attended the memorial tonight. Was there an increased police or FBI prescence there?

Towards the end they did show two rows of police/investigators. I would assume there was even more of a law enforcement presence besides those shown online though. I am sure they are carefully watching all that behavior.

I am pretty sure that after awhile blood coagulates/clots in a dead body because of lack of circulation, so there would be little bleeding.

Graphic

This. And this is what I think probably happened. In fact, having a strong stomach, I did see the Luka Rocco video and I think you could see evidence of that there. There would still be a mess, but it would be more controllable.

I watched Kaylynn. I saw plainclothes police, I saw uniformed police (quite a bit) and it was reported that they were outside too. HTH.

Wow I hope they catch that guy! Very ballsy move to just shoot a border guard and go on over - I'm surprised they couldn't catch him. The Canadian border guards at that border crossing are not armed going into Canada but the American guards are heavily armed coming back into the US.

I've been wondering from the start of this case if there was a Washington connection - so many people in Washington move to Colorado (and vice versa) because it's supposedly pretty similar (not just geography but socially/culturally) to Washington.

IMO
I was just thinking about where the person could have prepared the body before he ended up driving around dumping remains, and I kind of concluded this perp must live alone. I just dont see it any other way. I think he must be a loner type person living alone. And I agree he probably just threw his clothes out or burned them or something. I dont think he would have washed them.

I kind of concluded he acted alone because I just dont think anybody else would remain silent if they had a partner with this type of crazy mentality. My goodness, if he had a partner, the partner would probably call LE himself because of fear of his own life with how crazy he is.

So, assuming he is a loner, the only spot the perp could have done this would either be his home or some other spot where he knew he would be totally alone. Because he took her in daylight hours, I think his own residence is the bet I am going with at the moment. I am thinking he had her there all day and that same evening is when he drove around to dump all the items.

The crazy risk he took just driving around dumping stuff tells us the type of mentality this crazy person has. He was not worried too much about being pulled over obviously. I do think he did the dumping that very night during nighttime hours. He knew those spots beforehand from being there before. I keep thinking he may have used his work vehicle because he would felt much safer in it if he ever was pulled over, and if he had work truck, it may have also been a lure to get poor Jessica near the truck to take her.

I would have said the same thing - except for what happened in the Zahra Baker case. Step-monster is the one arrested for the dismemberment of this beautiful child who had survived cancer and who wore a brace. She did it in the bathtub of their own home. Dad is back in Australia where he and Zahra originated from, but he has not been charged. I still find it hard to believe, and disgusting, that he was never charged with anything. So.... if the perp in this current cast had relatives out of town for the weekend, he could have done this in the privacy of his own home. :twocents:

Not that I think this is what happened, but if frozen I think there is less of a mess. Also, is it hunting season in Colorado? I know when my SO goes hunting I don't question the blood.....hmm lol.

So true!!!! I was at a car wash about 3 weeks ago (not in Colorado) and a guy was trying to get his truck detailed. His reason was he had gone hunting and he had lots of blood in his truck. The car wash was booked, and he told the guy it couldn't wait until tomorrow because it would start to smell. Since I am on Webslueths alls I could think was, "who did he kill". But realistically I knew he was probably just a hunter.

I can tell you I have seen effective ways to bleed a huge hog and not spill a drop of it on any surface that was not intended to catch it and that whole set up only takes up a small amount of space and short amount of time. It would be awful to think of that being a person much less a small child but it isnt like the horror movies always and while it is terrible to think of alot of what people envision is the imagination taking hold of how you picture it to be based on what you think would happen. In reality any hunter is quite capable of not making the gory mess people think of. Not that it is the same as killing and cleaning a deer I am not saying that but the mess left depends on the person making it ,skill level and having the correct tools to accomplish their crime effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member