CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you I have seen effective ways to bleed a huge hog and not spill a drop of it on any surface that was not intended to catch it and that whole set up only takes up a small amount of space and short amount of time. It would be awful to think of that being a person much less a small child but it isnt like the horror movies always and while it is terrible to think of alot of what people envision is the imagination taking hold of how you picture it to be based on what you think would happen. In reality any hunter is quite capable of not making the gory mess people think of. Not that it is the same as killing and cleaning a deer I am not saying that but the mess left depends on the person making it ,skill level and having the correct tools to accomplish their crime effectively.
This makes a lot of sense, since there could not have been much, if any blood at the body site (they opened it for a memorial after less than a week, and a) I don't see any pictures of a bloody spot from the area on the internet (and we all know that would have happened by now if there had been any evidence left of where the body was located) and b) I doubt so many parents would have taken their kids there if the site was gory.

Logic would then dictate that if the body were "not intact", either the body had been bled out to the extent it could, or it was actually encased in something, i.e. plastic bag, tarp, canvas. My bet is on the latter, as that would help keep DNA off of whatever transported the body.

Yes but no in PERFECT PHI proportion, matching a PERFECT pentagram. My images have not been distorted. Do the measurements and math and you will see it is perfect. the odds of that happening by chance are very slim.

Interesting!! What are the other points(places) onthe pentagram? What ismin the very center of it?

have you ever done this with the place the victims were found? Ie. Use where Jessica was found.. Then use where the othere girl was left for dead as another point...and maybe something will come up?

I know what I am thinking, but its hard to put it i to words.. Sorry..

I have been trying to catch up tonight, so please forgive me if this has already been asked...

Whoever killed JR has taunted police and wants attention. Am I the only one who thinks he was AT the memorial? There were so many people there, that I believe he attended as well. It's another thing to make him think he has outsmarted the world.

Agreed. If I can remember correctly my boyfriend bleeds them (hogs) where he kills them, I think it makes it easier to carry them. And then he brings them home and gets all the cuts he wants, and the hide, and its not as messy as some would think.

This is true for most hunters as they would gut the deer or wild boar in the woods right where the game was shot, which leaves most of the gory mess right in the woods. The actual butchering + carving up of the meat is not as gory and usually done either at home or a butcher shop.

The difference in this case is the person did "everything" wherever he had her, so there would be quite a mess, which makes me think it had to have been his own residence. It also makes me think he had hunting experience just to be able to handle doing something like that to her. I dont think a person who had never butchered anything would try that, but who knows. This sick person could have watched too much CSI and just decided to try it out or something. Really sick person for sure.

He shot himself in the head and was pronounced dead at the scene, so there was no need to catch him....unless you mean prevent him from ever getting to the border with a firearm, which would be impossible.

But unrelated, there was a young lady murdered and dismembered in Spokane earlier this year. She was 20 and apparently into drugs, so not real likely there would be a connection to Jessica, other than she was possibly an easy target because of her lifestyle. I fear sick creatures who murder and dismember bodies are just more common than we know.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...ered/-/101214/13660576/-/cha3pmz/-/index.html

Wow, I live in WA and I have not heard of this! How terrifying. :(

Someone else mentioned it too a few pages back. If I saw it, I must have blanked it out or it didn't register. But then I do think I saw it but couldn't get it to register because that's so weird to see a message like that. Plus listening, posting and trying to look at the video streaming all at the same time.

Now, I really want to see it! I hope it gets posted soon.

Wow I hope they catch that guy! Very ballsy move to just shoot a border guard and go on over - I'm surprised they couldn't catch him. The Canadian border guards at that border crossing are not armed going into Canada but the American guards are heavily armed coming back into the US.

I've been wondering from the start of this case if there was a Washington connection - so many people in Washington move to Colorado (and vice versa) because it's supposedly pretty similar (not just geography but socially/culturally) to Washington.

No need to catch the guy, he shot himself. Hopefully they will send some dna back to CO for comparison. I google mapped it and even though it's quite a distance, the longest route was a total of 32 hours, so (theoretically) they had more than enough time to have driven from CO to BC. The video showed a mattress in the back of the van. They are going to attempt to find out what the events were leading up to reaching the border crossing.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.

I have been trying to catch up tonight, so please forgive me if this has already been asked...

Whoever killed JR has taunted police and wants attention. Am I the only one who thinks he was AT the memorial? There were so many people there, that I believe he attended as well. It's another thing to make him think he has outsmarted the world.
Nope, a lot of people think he was probably at the memorial, or at the very least watching it.

I am nervous about what the perp will do, once the amount of media coverage no longer meets his standard...

I have a legal type question about warrants. Can LE obtain a warrant and enter a home or business when no one is home? Or do they have to "serve" the warrant in order to enter and search?

No need to catch the guy, he shot himself. Hopefully they will send some dna back to CO for comparison. I google mapped it and even though it's quite a distance, the longest route was a total of 32 hours, so (theoretically) they had more than enough time to have driven from CO to BC. The video showed a mattress in the back of the van. They are going to attempt to find out what the events were leading up to reaching the border crossing.

Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Any crimes in the Seattle area or Washington state have a match to this vehicle?
Could be something much more local that caused his desperation.

Is it just me wondering about this, but isn't it realistic to think the killed needed to either wash his clothing or throw them away? Anyone see something strange at a laundromat, or has LE searched nearby trash?

Hey, remember some clothes were found in the big trash outside of Walmart? Maybe those were the perps old clothes versus Jessica's. I believe most of us assumed they'd be Jessica's old clothes. That is if the clothes mentioned were ever tied to the case at all.

If the killer's clothes were soiled, he may have gone in and bought new ones and put his old clothes in the dumpster. Would he be that careless?

I just don't see this guy panicking like that, let alone shooting himself in this fashion. Could be completely wrong though.

Wow, I live in WA and I have not heard of this! How terrifying. :(

Now, I really want to see it! I hope it gets posted soon.

I added another more recent link to above post. Insanely, it took mom pointing out that you don't die accidentally, cut yourself up and stuff parts in plastic bags and dump in a wooded area in town, and not all that "remote". Medical examiner decided to take another look at things, rather than label cause of death as undetermined. Was not an overdose and then somebody hacked her up, so there has got to be some sign of how she came to be deceased.

No known repeats of similar murders in the area that I'm aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duffy411