CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added another more recent link to above post. Insanely, it took mom pointing out that you don't die accidentally, cut yourself up and stuff parts in plastic bags and dump in a wooded area in town, and not all that "remote". Medical examiner decided to take another look at things, rather than label cause of death as undetermined. Was not an overdose and then somebody hacked her up, so there has got to be some sign of how she came to be deceased.

No known repeats of similar murders in the area that I'm aware of.
BBM Nice.....for every Cody, Wy kick-butt with a sprinkling of luck solved case, there is one of these.....

I'm new here, but forgive me. Does that stuff really happen? I watched the whole thing and do not recall it, but I am sure I missed stuff. :detective:

It seems possible to me. IIRC and I very well may not, LE communicated with BTK through newspaper messages that were supposedly from news sources.

Does anyone else remember something like this?

Agree, he wanted her reamins found.

Interesting thought that the killer possibly was expecting a teenage "audience" at a known spooky location where they hang out.

If that is the case then the killer must have local knowledge of that area, maybe even have some connection to those teenagers who frequent that spooky location.

An alternative could be artistic people who use the area for photo, film, painting etc.

On Vimo there is a B/W short experimental film of that exact area, made by pupils from Dever Film School:

Pattridge Park on Vimeo

By the way, was the killer/killers in the Criminal Minds episodes a photographer? or did he just take pictures of his crimescene?
maybe jessica's killer saw that/those episodes? and got inspired?

Do you have a link to any of those Criminal Minds episodes? or know what they were called? or when they were broadcasted?

I'm a little / a lot behind in thread...but that video just freaks me out...

I've had a lingering question back to photo in thread 10...going to try to go back to refer to it...

Part one of the memorial is not working for me either. Maybe too many people trying to view it?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

He shot himself in the head and was pronounced dead at the scene, so there was no need to catch him....unless you mean prevent him from ever getting to the border with a firearm, which would be impossible.

But unrelated, there was a young lady murdered and dismembered in Spokane earlier this year. She was 20 and apparently into drugs, so not real likely there would be a connection to Jessica, other than she was possibly an easy target because of her lifestyle. I fear sick creatures who murder and dismember bodies are just more common than we know.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...ered/-/101214/13660576/-/cha3pmz/-/index.html

http://westspokane.kxly.com/news/news/85080-mother-fighting-get-daughters-cause-death-determined

WOW....But the perp in that case also used trash bags + dismemberment as well. Sounds awfully similar. I hope LE looks into the possible connection with this case as well as the guy at the border.

Part one of the memorial is not working for me either. Maybe too many people trying to view it?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I tried manually typing in the entire http string for part 1 and CBS Denver gives me a page not found message.

It seems possible to me. IIRC and I very well may not, LE communicated with BTK through newspaper messages that were supposedly from news sources.

Does anyone else remember something like this?

Yes, BTK asked if they could trace him through a computer. He told them to answer in a classified ad and they did. (of course, they said they could not, he believed them, they traced it back to a church and that's how he was caught). Good job PD.

Nite everyone. Can't handle the any more blood and/or satan tonight.
Let's hope LE gets a good night sleep tonight as I doubt they have been lately. My prayers are that they will get a major break in this case.

RIP Jessica Christine Ridgeway. Your sweet light in the world will be missed.

I was going to quote a Bible verse but it doesn't mean anything unless one understands the whole chapter in Romans 16.

Any crimes in the Seattle area or Washington state have a match to this vehicle?
Could be something much more local that caused his desperation.

As far as I know there isn't according to many WA news websites. They still haven't released the name of the man who shot himself. The female boarder guard was shot in the neck, very lucky to survive. Still under investigation - if there is an update on the 11PM news I'll post it for you guys.

This is true for most hunters as they would gut the deer or wild boar in the woods right where the game was shot, which leaves most of the gory mess right in the woods. The actual butchering + carving up of the meat is not as gory and usually done either at home or a butcher shop.

The difference in this case is the person did "everything" wherever he had her, so there would be quite a mess, which makes me think it had to have been his own residence. It also makes me think he had hunting experience just to be able to handle doing something like that to her. I dont think a person who had never butchered anything would try that, but who knows. This sick person could have watched too much CSI and just decided to try it out or something. Really sick person for sure.

Graphic Warning!!

Gary Michael Hilton Killed my friend Cheryl Hodges Dunlap near Tallahassee (Abducted Dec.1,2007) and Meredith Hope Emerson near Atlanta (Abducted Jan.1, 2008)...He drove a White Ford Astro van and kept them chained to the floor of his van. It was thought that he removed their heads and drained their bodies over moving water. He positioned Meredith's body in order to shock possible hunters. He lead them to Meredith's body to avoid the "Super Max" prison, He burned Cheryl's head and hands along with her clothes and left her body to be found by hunters. The Jury in Tallahassee, Florida, Tried, Found him Guilty and gave him the Death Penalty! He also admitted to killing John & Irene Brant in North Carolina sometime in early October of 2007.

At this point in time he is appealing the DP sentence...

So sad that most killers are themselves afraid to die!

Rest In Peace Cheryl Hodges Dunlap, Meredith Hope Emerson and John & Irene Bryant...true Angels of God!

Sorry all I know I'm way behind again and trying to catch up, but random question I haven't seen yet (I may have missed it). I see over and over people talking about the fact that the killer is/was a pedophile, raped/molested/sexually assaulted this poor little girl. What he did to her was undeniably horrible, but has there been anything released to indicate that it was a sex related crime? I don't recall seeing it (and sorry if I missed it), but IMO it really changes the likely possible suspect. Not anyone in particular in mind, but it seems really different to me for someone to be into the "thrill" (YUCK that was hard to type) of abducting and killing someone as opposed to someone into sexual assaults where they had their "fun" (YUCK again) but then had to dispose of the person. Ugh I'm sorry, feeling so sick again from all this as I know many of you are. That question keeps jumping out at me though - was it a sex related crime or something else?

I live in Pueblo, about 120 miles from Arvada, and the memorial was shown live on Channel 5.2 or KOAA which is a local station. I have no idea if it was shown in the Denver area, though.

My daughter thinks the same. She also thinks he is or has done a lot or studying on criminology.

-----------------
I think your daughter is right. I often find myself wondering if some creeps read here. :what:

:seeya:

Sorry all I know I'm way behind again and trying to catch up, but random question I haven't seen yet (I may have missed it). I see over and over people talking about the fact that the killer is/was a pedophile, raped/molested/sexually assaulted this poor little girl. What he did to her was undeniably horrible, but has there been anything released to indicate that it was a sex related crime? I don't recall seeing it (and sorry if I missed it), but IMO it really changes the likely possible suspect. Not anyone in particular in mind, but it seems really different to me for someone to be into the "thrill" (YUCK that was hard to type) of abducting and killing someone as opposed to someone into sexual assaults where they had their "fun" (YUCK again) but then had to dispose of the person. Ugh I'm sorry, feeling so sick again from all this as I know many of you are. That question keeps jumping out at me though - was it a sex related crime or something else?

I've been trying to find the source, but I haven't had any luck so far. I thought it was in a press conference right after she was found, but it may have been a later one. I remember a reporter asking if she had been sexually assaulted, and I THINK he said they couldn't tell yet because of the condition of the body. I'm going to keep looking and will post a link if/when I find it.

---------------
nikb, I wonder the same thing. As far as I have read no one has mentioned a sexual crime. I did read in one of the news paper articles at first the sex could not be determined. I thought a lot about that and think I understand why. :seeya:

I've been trying to find the source, but I haven't had any luck so far. I thought it was in a press conference right after she was found, but it may have been a later one. I remember a reporter asking if she had been sexually assaulted, and I THINK he said they couldn't tell yet because of the condition of the body. I'm going to keep looking and will post a link if/when I find it.

Thanks Confusion! This is what I remember too. I also distinctly remember them saying they expected that the person was male because that was most likely "statistically speaking" but from the tone it sounded like they were basing it on more than statistics. Thanks for looking! I will too.

ETA: I don't think that "sexually motivated crime" was why LE stated they think the person is male. I can see where people could hear/interpret it that way though, so I was thinking that might be where it came from. Wish I could find something more definite or clear since I think it could make such a difference in the 'profile' of the <ahem if I must call him this> person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror