CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done as much as I can to educate my kids about stranger abductions and how to remaine safe, but after seeing the video of the attempted abduction of the woman and the Hidden camera one with the little girl, I am actually more nervous than ever.

If you missed it from the last thread:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dfkZKjWSo&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube[/ame]

It made me cry. Please watch it. What do you think a small, weak or elderly person could do to intervene? I've read enough accounts here to see that just getting a description, picture or license number may help to track someone down, but it would likely be too late for the person being abducted to be saved. It is awful.

Pesonally, I think the link is chemical, but the creepy teacher from Mandalay Middle needs investigated thoroughly.

Regardless, there's no connection to Jessica's murder at this time. Jessica is only connected to the brown haired guy that attacked a jogger in the park.

Politely........There is no established connection just YET, but there is always possibility that another case could be connected in the future. For example, if it is ever proven we have multiple people working together to commit these crimes, it would not surprise me that there are different descriptions of people. Also, a bald person could have maybe purchased man wigs and maybe is disguising his appearance during the commision of crimes.

Just politely trying to say that we have to be careful not to imply that things will never change, and we may find out that more of these cases are tied together.

Good answers last night on this question on the last thread, so, again: do you think they're getting close to an arrest? and if so, how close? Predictions?

I am thinking within days, two weeks at most.

I have done as much as I can to educate my kids about stranger abductions and how to remaine safe, but after seeing the video of the attempted abduction of the woman and the Hidden camera one with the little girl, I am actually more nervous than ever.

STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube

It made me cry. Please watch it. What do you think a small, weak or elderly person could do to intervene? I've read enough accounts here to see that just getting a description, picture or license number may help to track someone down, but it would likely be too late for the person being abducted to be saved. It is awful.

ok, GPS & panic buttons are ESSENTIAL!

STRANGER DANGER - CHILD ABDUCTIONS : Would Anyone Help Your Child When Being Abducted? - YouTube

I saw this and it really did freak me out that none of those folks would stop and help that little girl..very scary. I was jumping for joy when those two guys at the end decided to go kick some butt..and I have no doubt they would have ripped that man a new one..LOL! Good for them.

That's what I'm thinking, as well. I wonder if the reports about receipts and garbage bags were red herrings, and if LE is actually looking for individuals who purchased large quantities of these specific chemicals between May and Oct.[/quote]

BBM - Wow... I hadn't thought of that you may very well right, IMO.

I keep thinking of how that 22 y.o. jogger must feel after learning that LE is making a connection between the attack on her and the one on JR! My guess is there are no words to describe it...

Politely........There is no established connection just YET, but there is always possibility that another case could be connected in the future. For example, if it is ever proven we have multiple people working together to commit these crimes, it would not surprise me that there are different descriptions of people. Also, a bald person could have maybe purchased man wigs and maybe is disguising his appearance during the commision of crimes.

Just politely trying to say that we have to be careful not to imply that things will never change, and we may find out that more of these cases are tied together.

I agree..and also could be why there is no sketch at this point. The perp could be bald at one time and then grow hair in between times. I think the no sketch deal is to prevent the perp from wanting to grow a beard etc etc etc and keep changing their look if they havent already...also if multiple folks could be involved then they don't want to limit any one as a suspect by posting one sketch of one of the perps....Its possible.. Or it could just be one guy..but it makes sense either way.

Thanks. Are we basing that on the fact that they have not announced that there IS a connection, or has LE come out saying there IS NOT a connection at this time?

I doubt that police are going to announce all the cases that Jessica's murder is unrelated to. Instead, if they make a connection, they will announce where there is that connection.

The attempted abduction at Ketner Lake and Jessica's abduction was around holidays Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day weekends.I'm very curious do they think this guy is local and why.I said before he could have been coming back home to family or visiting a friend or something on those holidays.

ok, GPS & panic buttons are ESSENTIAL!

And from the Adams County Sheriffs Office website:

Concealed Handgun Permits
Due to an increase in application volume, NEW concealed handgun permit applications are limited to 20 applications on each intake day. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. As always, applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. If paying in cash, you must have exact change as we cannot make change or accept anything other than the exact amount.

http://apps.adcogov.org/sheriff/

Regardless, there's no connection to Jessica's murder at this time. Jessica is only connected to the brown haired guy that attacked a jogger in the park.

brown hair and light skins goes a long way and covers many possible ethnicities imhoo...

I doubt that police are going to announce all the cases that Jessica's murder is unrelated to. Instead, if they make a connection, they will announce where there is that connection.

However, they have announced there is no connection in cases that are similar and that would raise questions about whether they might be connected (like the guy who killed his mother, and the guy who abducted the girl in Wyoming).

The attempted abduction at Ketner Lake and Jessica's abduction was around holidays Memorial Day weekend and Columbus Day weekends.I'm very curious do they think this guy is local and why.I said before he could have been coming back home to family or visiting a friend or something on those holidays.

Honestly I think he's local. You don't usually come visit relatives on holiday and just start mixing up chemicals in their kitchen and hacking up victims in their tub..which is where I'm guessing he did this?? Sounds like a person who lives in the area to me. JMO!

Thanks everyone for the news articles/videos.

IMO - It seems certain to me that LE got a plate #, vehicle description on the survelliance camera re: the woman attacked in the parking lot (she pummeled one of them to the ground, and literally leaped over that metal guardrail. I just want to say that she is awesome.)

Like many of you have said, perhaps this is a two-man operation, sometimes working in close proximity with one another, sometimes working together, but at more distant points.

See Portion of Excerpt BBM

Okay... is the link between the two cases a chemical one? Does LE have the "chemical smelling cloth" that attacker tried to put over the face of the 22 y.o. jogger? If so, did the autopsy of JR's remains show same chemical??? IDK

I was wondering also if the link was the chemical used but I read here it is DNA...

Police: Connection made between Ketner Lake attack and Jessica Ridgeway murder

Posted on: 11:03 pm, October 21, 2012

Excerpt: "Two separate sources familiar with the investigation told FOX 31 Denver’s Justin Joseph, during the investigation into those two items, they recovered a man’s DNA. Sources say investigators matched that DNA to the DNA police recovered during an attempted attack on an adult female earlier this year.

Monday, in response to FOX31 Denver’s report, police confirmed a “definitive” link to an attack on a jogger at Ketner Lake at the end of May. Police declined to say whether that link was DNA to protect the integrity of the investigation."
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

I feel like the case will be solved. I'm not sure if it will be soon, but I would be very surprised if it's still unsolved a year later. I feel like with 200+ LE working a murder case, it's even more shameful if they can't solve it. If you are going to devote more resources/money into a case than 99.9% of other cases, then you better solve it.

I'm wondering if the response would have been different if the little girl would have yelled "help! I don't know this man!" rather than " you're not my dad!". The " you're not my dad" kinda leaves room for people to assume many different scenarios. (Ex. maybe the man is the little girl's uncle, he's discipling her and she's talking back)

Honestly I think he's local. You don't usually come visit relatives on holiday and just start mixing up chemicals in their kitchen and hacking up victims in their tub..which is where I'm guessing he did this?? Sounds like a person who lives in the area to me. JMO!

Or lives with people who take short trips on long weekends... for example, Aunt Bea goes to Pueblo to visit niece / nephew, leaves Friday and comes back Monday. Perp has at least 48 hours to keep and dispose of victim, and clean up, before Aunt Bea comes home. Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63