CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which then begs the question, why hadn't they done that yet?

I'm wondering if Colorado may have a backlog in filing DNA, particularly since they are swabbing on arrest rather than on conviction.

I can't remember where I read it, or if someone there told me, but I keep thinking there is like a 2 year backlog.
While some states take samples as mentioned, almost all are incredibly backlogged and even high priority crimes aren't getting done quickly, so if someone isn't on the radar for a sexual crime or murder, etc, but something like fraud or DV, they are going to the back of the pile.

Because he's a minor, does that mean most or all of the court preceedings and docs will be closed and sealed? Also Colorado's laws don't seem so transparent. I'm in the Sunshine State where we roll out a stage and red carpet for every hearing and motion and access to court documents is easier than finding a 7-11. I have questions I'd like answered (don't we all) but I'd be fine with not getting them. The Ridgeways don't need that on blast. Or- am I supposed to say "the defendant is entitled to his privacy"?

Just goes to show that you cannot determine a person's propensity for evil, mental illness, or whatever darkness is lurking within from a picture, or how they look. Nice looking people can be evil. Mean/scary looking people can be the kindest of humans. And lots in between.

I am betting that the release of the cross pictures on Friday night led to his questioning by mom for a few days until he broke and admitted to it.

I am sure he didn't just walk in and say 'hey guess what I did'

(jmhoo. :moo:)

The release of that cross picture was the best step that LE took imhoo.

yah, seriously. but do you think they had their eye on him, and just waited after the cross? or did they have no idea who it was til mom called in?
a friend of mine on the police force told me to assume LE was trying to antagonize him with the release of the cross and it may not have really been found. but, according to the video, it was definitely his.

Pieces can be embalmed?

I don't really know, but I would think so? I am sure others on here know a ton more about this.

Cadavers are embalmed with formaldehyde (mixture) and some phenol, I think.

Come to think of it..I wonder if the rag he used on the jogger was phenol?!? It definitely leaves a chemical burn!

Why are some comparing him to Bundy? We don't know this kid is a serial killer do we?

So far as I recall, no one here has compared him to Ted Bundy; one poster cited Bundy as an example of a serial killer who came from an idyllic childhood but several posters pointed out that is factually untrue.

Which then begs the question, why hadn't they done that yet?

I'm wondering if Colorado may have a backlog in filing DNA, particularly since they are swabbing on arrest rather than on conviction.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question? They just arrested this guy to get his DNA. They will run it now to see if it is a match to the crime scene(s) where it was obtained.

Two notches on a cross or four notches on cross could indicate something sinister and relevant. Three notches on a cross could mean something altogether different and not sinister at all. JMHO

I agree Blythe - given the nature of the device, I'm thinking that "decoration" might be part of the design... (feel dumb saying this - either the trinity or the three crucified that day)

I am wondering where he dismembered the body, without his parents catching on.

I believe you found the cross.

Is it possible for sonebody with a speedy connection to screenshot the cross in the racing video? I can't get to it, too many people viewing. Thanks in advance!

Eta. Ok, caught up to them eventually.

I KNOW I read somewhere that HE turned himself in... he went to his Mother last night and "said something disturbing". His Mother then called LE. I can't find the #$#%#!! link right now, but it was in one of these threads when the arrest was first announced. No worries, it will all come out. Some freak of nature has already created a Facebook page in support of him because "they are his good friend". This is one of the things they say in their "about" section of the FB page:

"Rejoice you vengeful people ive seen the love and the hapiness in his eyes please dont think badly of him. The fact that he turned himself in is an act of honor and nobility".

If he turned himself in, it is because he is still playing his game, IMHO.

It's insane. And you won;t see any calls for sympathy or leniency in the Autumn Pasquale case like you will see in this one. Hmm. Wonder why that is? :waitasec:

I missed replying to the following post on the last thread:

Originally posted by theforeigner:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

I really think you are onto something here. I too see a strong resemblence. Good find!

Agreed.

Sorry if already posted.

740 KVOR ‏@740KVOR
Alleged Jessica Ridgeway killer, Austin Sigg, says there are other human remains under his house
https://twitter.com/740KVOR

Wow. Wow.

I am horrified. It is incredible. Yet, I'm not totally shocked. Any "kid" capable of killing and dismembering a child and also attempting to abduct a full grown adult, well, that's serial killer material to me. Not mentally ill, not emotionally disturbed, unless you consider totally psychopathic, completely sociopathic, to be the above.

I am thinking that the body would have been embalmed before becoming 'not intact'.

Unless he had the equipment or access to the necessary equipment or a reasonable facsimile to achieve this, then my guess is "not so much." If such a thing had occurred, LE would have known about that aspect of the case since they did have some of her remains.

Because he's a minor, does that mean most or all of the court preceedings and docs will be closed and sealed? Also Colorado's laws don't seem so transparent. I'm in the Sunshine State where we roll out a stage and red carpet for every hearing and motion and access to court documents is easier than finding a 7-11. I have questions I'd like answered (don't we all) but I'd be fine with not getting them. The Ridgeways don't need that on blast. Or- am I supposed to say "the defendant is entitled to his privacy"?

He is being tried as an adult, so the level of public info will be the same as any other criminal trial in Colorado.

Wait ... that cross doesn't look to be the same shape as the other, do you think? It isn't the wood color that makes me curious, because that can change, but the one he's wearing looks more up and down, less acutely angled

It will be interesting to see if he had a fascination with Jack the Ripper, whose crimes increased in October. Reaching? Maybe, maybe not.
His internet history will likely be shocking!
He confessed so will they ever show it?
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members