CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the last one with Dylan, according to his own words. That makes a difference. (imo)

Plus, some of the people yo mentioned, were not in the area where Dylan disappeared from.

BBM A person would not have to physically be in the area to be involved in Dylan's disappearance.

I'm not here playing scientist trying to come up with typical/atypical variations. I study criminal behavior. I observe criminal behavior. I work with criminal mentalities. I think like a cop. Short, sweet, simple. There will always be an "interesting" case that goes against known variables (note, I did say this isn't 100%), however, in plain everyday English...most criminals behave the same way consistently and have anticipated reactions. They also tell on themselves if you know what to look for. Beyond that, what you are attempting to get into would require several years and multiple experts to even begin debating the issue.

I am an INTP with mild social anxiety. If my child went missing, I could've been halfway around the globe when it happened and still give a criminal interviewer 'tells' that send his 'hinky meter' into overdrive. Those 'tells' are stereotypes and inclinations - nothing more. If you don't have any corroborating evidence, like in this case, there is absolutely nothing other than those types of confirmation biases that would warrant such suspicion.

<modsnip> You made a post that was not posed as an opinion but as an attempt to impart information that you previously alluded to as being relevant to your work or studies. I was simply curious as to what field that was in and if you were verified so that we could give your thoughts a bit more weight and pose questions back.<modsnip>

If my posts allude to my studies and work, so what? I'm not pleading for any special authority on the subject. Take what I say as you would any other poster.

A question I think is relatively neutral; does anyone think it is a good idea for LE to remain so uncommunicative if they truly believe Dylan was taken from the streets and do not have a suspect? I've been wracking my brain and cannot come up with a reason why this would be helpful, either to Dylan or in solving the mystery.

Did they do that with Lyric/Elizabeth disappearance and then recovery? Nope

Did they do that with Samantha Koenig disappearance and then recovery? Nope and in FACT they had a video of Sam being kidnapped and didn't release it to the public. LE let Sam's ex bf, current bf and her own dad twist in the wind with horrible accusations.

ETC. As Dan Bender said:

In response to questions about what specific direction his investigations are taking, Bender said: &#8220;We have not closed the door on anything. We do not comment about ongoing investigations until they&#8217;re brought to a conclusion.&#8221;

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...-Bayfield-for-missing-teen&template=mobileart

I'm not sure how full the rivers and streams were in Nov. up near Durango. Down here on the front range they were pretty low and dry. Maybe the streams in the mtns had more water in them?
But those 2 reservoirs in the area have plenty of water for someone to be in.

A question I think is relatively neutral; does anyone think it is a good idea for LE to remain so uncommunicative if they truly believe Dylan was taken from the streets and do not have a suspect? I've been wracking my brain and cannot come up with a reason why this would be helpful, either to Dylan or in solving the mystery.

No, I don't think that's a good idea if those are the circumstances.

The FBI has jurisdiction to work with LE all over the country, but it seems if they don't have any suspect, POI, or leads (especially at this point) LE isn't going to crack the case on their own.

They would need a widespread public and media campaign. And not just via social media or the states around Colorado or 2 NG shows.

It's hard for me to believe egos are a factor, even as cynical as I like to be I don't think that's what's going on-- they care about Dylan. Even if a few days were wasted at the beginning, if communicating with the community and media would have helped - I believe they would've done so.

Like you, I've wracked my brain and I can't figure this one out.

wasn't it announced that Dylan's disappearance was a criminal investigation after the search of MR's home & vehicles and the in-depth interview with him? just want to make sure I'm remembering correctly...

If my posts allude to my studies and work, so what? I'm not pleading for any special authority on the subject. Take what I say as you would any other poster.

We seem to have some sort of misunderstanding occurring. It isn't my intention to upset or offend you. I was simply seeking clarity. It was my understanding that if we posts facts we either do so as a verified professional or with an approved link. It we are posting an opinion then we make that clear by using "MOO" or something similar.

Your post appeared to be 1) factual 2) relevant and 3) interesting. I wanted to know if you were verified in the field before I started asking a billion questions to get more info. Simply put, I was intrigued by your post and wanted to pick your brain for more info or links if it was a professional area of interest for you. My question was not meant as an accusation or insult nor was in asked in any mean spirited sort of way.

It's not that odd. I really hate to say this, but ER knows subconsciously what has happened to her baby. She knows.

He's been gone for a month and a half. We're dancing around it but we all know what the odds are at this point.

It's almost as if she knows what it looks like, know what might be possible and yet, cannot even let herself believe that because it's too horrible to consider.

I know she's "friends" with both parents, though I believe she's very close with ER and I'm not sure what the friendship is like with MR. IMO She's been extremely dignified in keeping order, staying impartial, and running the "PR" aspect of things with the FB page, media, etc... But ITA with you on the ^^ above... I found her response on NG to be telling if she's friends with MR... that is NOT the response I would expect from someone who's asked if they think the father "did it". kwim?

I am an INTP with mild social anxiety. If my child went missing, I could've been halfway around the globe when it happened and still give a criminal interviewer 'tells' that send his 'hinky meter' into overdrive. Those 'tells' are stereotypes and inclinations - nothing more. If you don't have any corroborating evidence, like in this case, there is absolutely nothing other than those types of confirmation biases that would warrant such suspicion.

Well, I'm not sure what you're getting at, but your personality type and anxiety handicap would be taken into consideration when observing your response and behavior. That alone would explain your reaction. Pretty simple.
I do believe that is why many folks here are attempting to get a read on MR personality and tendencies. They are looking for the same thing...without all the fancy words.

I wonder how much it hurt the case, if at all, by not searching the home properly a lot sooner. And why it was not done at once when the FBI came in around the 23rd, I think.

It's taken me 5 hours to get caught up on the thread. WoW, you guys have been busy.

I believe I read where someone said that MH owns some type of company out of Colorado Springs and has for awhile.

So does that mean Elaine and family moved there once they became engaged? Not that it matters.

My point being, I wonder how upsetting that was to Mark. I mean his ex-wife and children moved 6 hours away to start a new home life with Elaine's first husband. Talk about losing control over the situation.

I could see this being a major stressor.

JMO

BBM A person would not have to physically be in the area to be involved in Dylan's disappearance.

OK well that involves conspiracy and collusion neither of which I believe are in the most remote of ways involved..jmo, tho.. this isn't a big conspired project involving the parent that has successfully chartered forward, positive movement for both herself and her boys.. the courts agreed that it was in the best interest of Dylan as well in their awarding her primary custody and moving Dylan to Colorado City...where there was a stable, loving home life environment.. Elaine was both personally excelling in her career, and as a primary parent, and in a relationship with someone who was an integral part of providing that stable home life for both of her sons..

IMO it goes so far beyond ER being 400+ miles away at the time her son was permanently "disappeared" .. there is a very clear picture that emerges from this successful work of moving herself and her boys in a positive direction..she'd worked hard IMO to get to that place for her and her sons and IMO the weight and importance of that is telling..again jmo, tho.

Quite honestly I think they would be just too darned embrassed to hold a news conference just to say they have nothing!

I don't think they have a clue. Sad but true!

MOO

We seem to have some sort of misunderstanding occurring. It isn't my intention to upset or offend you. I was simply seeking clarity.

I appreciate the clarification. I was modeling my response on a moderator's edit of your initial post for apparent reasons of personal attack. Naturally, since it was a response to me, I felt that the alleged attack was directed towards me. If it wasn't, my apologies.

It was my understanding that if we posts facts we either do so as a verified professional or with an approved link. It we are posting an opinion then we make that clear by using "MOO" or something similar.

I think, but I'm not certain, that this relates to facts about a specific case or direct involvement in that case. We all state 'facts' as we know them according to our experiences - be they professional, personal, or otherwise.

Your post appeared to be 1) factual 2) relevant and 3) interesting. I wanted to know if you were verified in the field before I started asking a billion questions to get more info. Simply put, I was intrigued by your post and wanted to pick your brain for more info or links if it was a professional area of interest for you. My question was not meant as an accusation or insult nor was in asked in any mean spirited sort of way.

Well, I appreciate the confidence. I am always hesitant to be a 'verified' anything for something in which I don't get paid or have little to no direct involvement. This is not due to greed or anything of the sort, but rather ethics concerns. If you'd like to ask me questions, feel free <modsnip>. I will answer them to the best of my ability. Just know in advance that I do not claim to be an expert nor would I make any concrete assertions.

I just like discussing things like everyone else. As I said earlier, I don't need the pressure of having to be right. I get enough of that at work.

It's taken me 5 hours to get caught up on the thread. WoW, you guys have been busy.

I believe I read where someone said that MH owns some type of company out of Colorado Springs and has for awhile.

So does that mean Elaine and family moved there once they became engaged? Not that it matters.

My point being, I wonder how upsetting that was to Mark. I mean his ex-wife and children moved 6 hours away to start a new home life with Elaine's first husband. Talk about losing control over the situation.

I could see this being a major stressor.

JMO

May have been less stressful in some ways, more in others?

As Elaine said- he was frequently away for work- he may have been working closer to C Springs? or farther. How does spousal support work these days and in this case? Now seeing school sports ' games may be more difficult- as well as no last minute visits due to miles apart. With a bitter divorce- the move may have given some relief ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1