CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she got the position over the other 3 candidates, she probably chose to apply for the position because her partner was already living in colorado springs.

What "other three candidates"?

That is what happens when the case is never solved. What a terrible burden for innocent people to carry through life.

One of the husbands where BTK had murdered his wife was a suspect too the entire time (21 years iirc). If they hadnt found that he still would be in the crosshairs being falsely accused.:( It ruined this man's life.

Since the police have put abduction on the table early on Im reposting this link that has 775 solved cases in it.

Child Abduction Murder Study

Key findings:

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/ChildAbductionResearch.aspx

what stands out to me with that page is that it makes absolutely no mention of filicide or spousal revenge

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filicide"]Filicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

A 1999 U.S. Department of Justice study concluded that between 1976 and 1997 in the United States, mothers were responsible for a higher share of children killed during infancy, while fathers were more likely to have been responsible for the murders of children age 8 or older.[1] Furthermore, 52% of the children killed by their mothers (maternal filicide) were male, while 57% of the children killed by their fathers (paternal filicide) were male. Parents were responsible for 61% of child murders under the age of five; filicide is the third leading cause of death amongst American children five to fourteen years old.[2]

When LE conducts a search, they provide a receipt for items removed. It serves many purposes, they have a log of what was taken, the person who's home or auto or whatever has a record of what was taken and neither can later say, we found this here or you took this from my home and I want it back.

IMO MR consulted a criminal attorney after the search because something was on that receipt that he didn't want to be on there or something totally innocent but he thought it might implicate him.

Does anyone know if he actually retained an attorney or who the attorney was that he consulted?

IMO it makes a difference if you consult an attorney vs retaining an attorney.

This is where they hope people use common sense and report it if the child looks at all like the missing child. Think how many times people call in sightings of some missing person and it turns out to be a false lead.

I don't think this LE is "letting" the public perceive anything in particular. People are going to perceive it any way they want to, it doesn't matter what LE thinks. However, it might be more important to them to have the perp get comfortable and think he got away with it, than to worry about someone in the next county not reporting a new kid on the block. For one thing, someone who takes a child that age and holds them hostage, are not going to let that child be seen by neighbors. They're not going to be out playing in the yard, riding bikes, or going to the store and to school. They are going to chain them in a basement room somewhere without any windows so that someone can't see in.

Shawn Hornbeck was eventually allowed to be out playing. Many people saw him, some even suspected he could be Shawn Hornbeck but he denied it. Shawn Hornbeck was even able to contact his mother via the internet using the name of Shawn Devlin. Devlin was the last name of his kidnapper. But the mother didn't realize Shawn Devlin was her son. So, yes, the kidnapped child could be out playing and people could see them. Which is why it would be important to have the photos out.

This is where they hope people use common sense and report it if the child looks at all like the missing child. Think how many times people call in sightings of some missing person and it turns out to be a false lead.

I don't think this LE is "letting" the public perceive anything in particular. People are going to perceive it any way they want to, it doesn't matter what LE thinks. However, it might be more important to them to have the perp get comfortable and think he got away with it, than to worry about someone in the next county not reporting a new kid on the block. For one thing, someone who takes a child that age and holds them hostage, are not going to let that child be seen by neighbors. They're not going to be out playing in the yard, riding bikes, or going to the store and to school. They are going to chain them in a basement room somewhere without any windows so that someone can't see in.

I dont really think LE cares what the public thinks. They are not in the PR business. What they know we will continue to not know even if it would squash some of the rampant speculation and rumors.

I have seen countless case where LE did know behind the scenes the parents werent involved but never came out and said they werent. Their sole duty is to do their ongoing investigation and keep it close to their vest. They do not have the time nor the want to ........to quell rumors or opinions by others who are not even investigating the case.

Once they had the latest photo of Dylan LE did put that out there very quickly.

If Dylan is alive somewhere no one is going to be able to know that for they will secret him away some where although I have my doubts he is alive by now. Once a case becomes so known the person will likely kill the one they have kidnapped to prevent LE from knowing who did it.:(

IMO

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/12/02/Colorado-youth-missing-two-weeks/UPI-85631354470782/ Published: Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

"Mark Redwine told The Denver Post he hired a criminal lawyer to watch his back while he presses the search for his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine, who disappeared from the Pine River Valley two weeks ago."

When LE conducts a search, they provide a receipt for items removed. It serves many purposes, they have a log of what was taken, the person who's home or auto or whatever has a record of what was taken and neither can later say, we found this here or you took this from my home and I want it back.

IMO MR consulted a criminal attorney after the search because something was on that receipt that he didn't want to be on there or something totally innocent but he thought it might implicate him.

Does anyone know if he actually retained an attorney or who the attorney was that he consulted?

Well this article says 'HIRED A CRIMINAL LAWYER' so to me that would mean he retained one. Other articles say he 'CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY'.

Mark Redwine told The Denver Post he hired a criminal lawyer to watch his back while he presses the search for his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine, who disappeared from the Pine River Valley two weeks ago.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...g-two-weeks/UPI-85631354470782/#ixzz2Grx9a6pg

what stands out to me with that page is that it makes absolutely no mention of filicide or spousal revenge

Filicide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 1999 U.S. Department of Justice study concluded that between 1976 and 1997 in the United States, mothers were responsible for a higher share of children killed during infancy, while fathers were more likely to have been responsible for the murders of children age 8 or older.[1] Furthermore, 52% of the children killed by their mothers (maternal filicide) were male, while 57% of the children killed by their fathers (paternal filicide) were male. Parents were responsible for 61% of child murders under the age of five; filicide is the third leading cause of death amongst American children five to fourteen years old.[2]

I havent read the link but I will.

Are all of these children abducted children from their home (declared missing as in this case) and later was found to be murdered? If so those would not be entered in this case study I posted unless it was found to be a parent (14% of the time) since these are cases of abduction of children where the child was murdered and the perp known. 775 cases is a very large case study of actual cases, imo. I also linked it because it is specifically about cases where children were abducted or kidnapped.......and not children murdered in general terms. LE still has 'abduction' on the table.

Now Im certainly aware of course that both bio moms and bio dads murder their children and some of them took off with the child (children) illegally and left with them and the children were later found murdered and some the fathers also killed himself along with the children. Mothers have also done this.

But most children that are murdered is it not about a case of being missing or abducted imo. It usually happens right inside of their own homes. The parent or parents will call 911 or rush to the ER and pretend the child has met with an 'accident' and the autopsy report tells a much different story and the child died due to an intentional homicide, neglect.. or longterm abuse.

The number one cause of death to a 0-1 year old is accidental suffocation where over 900 children die each year and the number one cause of death for 1-4 year old is accidental drowning that takes over 400 lives yearly. The number one cause of death for those between the age of 5 and 24 are vehicle accidents.

The higher the age of the child the chances of them being murdered by parents plummets considerably.

IMO

Well this article says 'HIRED A CRIMINAL ATTORNEY' so to me that would mean he retained one. I don't know how reliable this source of information is though. Other articles say he 'CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY'.

Mark Redwine told The Denver Post he hired a criminal lawyer to watch his back while he presses the search for his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine, who disappeared from the Pine River Valley two weeks ago.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...g-two-weeks/UPI-85631354470782/#ixzz2Grx9a6pg

hired = retained IMO

but he could say he's hired one without having actually hired one.

that was around the time of the search of his house, you would think that there would be a comment or something from the attorney if its real.

IMO its like that 'college fund' for Dylan *cough cough*

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/12/02/Colorado-youth-missing-two-weeks/UPI-85631354470782/ Published: Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

"Mark Redwine told The Denver Post he hired a criminal lawyer to watch his back while he presses the search for his 13-year-old son, Dylan Redwine, who disappeared from the Pine River Valley two weeks ago."

Well this article says 'HIRED A CRIMINAL LAWYER' so to me that would mean he retained one. Other articles say he 'CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY'.

Here's what the Denver Post article said:

He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_22108222?source=rss

I have to find the link but iirc mark redwine was questioned extensively during the search and he did not have an attorney present for that questioning.

As for when he decided to advise with counsel.. I believe someone just posted that above. (the above link was a upi article sourcing out to the denver post so perhaps the denver post article is the one that has the original wording)

The rest seems to be reporting semantics.

I will check the timeline and see if I can find anything else

And I do believe MR SHOULD have hired an attorney....guilty or not. Your son is missing, your being questioned by police, your home and vehicles are searched IMHO you need to hire an attorney. I don't believe doing so means anything as to whether he's guilty or innocent. If I was in his shoes I would hire an attorney too. JMHO

Oceanblueeyes, you asked about searches. The last searches police did was during the week of December 21st, as reported by KOAT and 9News. They searched places previously searched - took a bloodhound to Vallecito lake - searched buildings whose type and location weren't listed

So it appears that the UPI article changed the wording up. This is how things get all wonky. They are quoting their source as the Denver Post and the Post merely said HE CONTACTED A CRIMINAL LAWYER.

I havent read the link but I will.

Are all of these children abducted children from their home (declared missing as in this case) and later was found to be murdered? If so those would not be entered in this case study I posted unless it was found to be a parent (14% of the time) since these are cases of abduction of children where the child was murdered and the perp known. 775 cases is a very large case study of actual cases, imo. I lalso linked it because it is specifically about cases where children were abducted or kidnapped.......and not children murdered in general terms.

Now Im certainly aware of course that both bio moms and bio dads murder their children and some of them took off with the child (children) illegally and left with them and the children were later found murder and some the fathers also killed himself along with the children. Mothers have also done this.

But most children that are murdered is it not about a case of being missing or abducted imo. It usually happens right inside of their own homes. The parent or parents will call 911 or rush to the ER and pretend the child has met with an 'accident' and the autopsy report tells a much different story and the child died due to an intentional homicide, neglect.. or longterm abuse.

The number one cause of death to a 0-1 year old is accidental suffocation where over 900 children die each year and the number one cause of death for 1-4 year old is accidental drowning that takes over 400 lives yearly. The number one cause of death for those between the age of 5 and 24 are vehicle accidents.

The higher the age of the child the chances of them being murdered by parents plummets considerably.

IMO

but in this particular case something has occurred during the access visit, not at the childs home, so its different to many cases that had totally different circumstances surrounding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname