Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is crazy if he thinks that no one told Jodi not to talk to the press. EVERY one knows that whether being told or not. She can not STOP herself from talking.

This is all about Jodi and not anyone not giving her good counsel.

Exactly. This girl runs her own show. I think it's clear that the only reason she asked to act as her own counsel for that brief period was because her attorneys refused to try to enter what they knew (or very strongly suspected) were forged letters and she was not willing to concede them.

I think many think smoke from fire...but I don't.

Out in the desert...most likely days before she returned the car but even a few hours...I don't think would encapsulate the car so much that it would take over the smell of gas.

Who would be stupid enough to light a fire to burn things so close to the car with gas cans in the trunk? I mean, not saying she didn't but if she did in fact do that she's lucky she didn't explode with the car! LOL!!

So I think, personally, that smoke from fire is not likely. Plus, I am not thinking that a rental car dude is actually "looking for" that type of smell...ya know?

They WOULD care about someone smoking in the car because that's probably against the contract - though that's just my presumption. I know smoke gets into the a/c system and could make renting to the next person especially with the quick turnaround on rental cars difficult.

I just can't explain the lack of smell in the car if gas cans were stored in there like they clearly were...and her getting some cigarettes to cover the smell would again, go to premediation after the fact? LOL!!

IT would not have to happen that way. She could have been standing near the fire, The smoke smell could still permeate her clothing and hair. My hair always used to reek like smoke after being in a club. I had to wash it before bed to sleep.

It hangs on. So she would not have to be near the car with the fire. It could have blown or it could be on her clothes. IT does not have to have actual smoke to get the smell entrapped in it.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anyone remember who picked Jodi up after she returned the rental car? They would have had to transfer her luggage (AND THE GAS CANS) to whatever car she was being picked up in, and then unloaded at her grandparents (where she said the gas cans ultimately remained).

Maybe she unloaded the car at her grandparents' before she returned the car. ?? I know the car rental place was a little bit of a drive from the house and that wouldn't make much sense, but nothing she does makes sense!

do we know anything about matt McCarthy? has anyone posted anything about him at all? is he even on the witness list??

I believe he was on the defense witness list.

Baez feels the defense put her on the stand to huminaze her and so that the jury may get to know her, don't know about you all but the more I get to know her and hear her and see her the more and more I dislike her IMO hope jury feels the same

I agree...the more she talks the more I realize how un-human she is. Her only regret is SHE GOT CAUGHT. It's all about the Jodi Show......every time she says she was trying to protect Travis I want to jump through the screen and know the you know what outta her. She is pure EVIL!!

I was thinking the same thing - that she had used that piece of duct tape to hide the knife under the sink during one of her "housekeeping" visits.

Many liars have a grain of truth in what they say - I believe that's why she kept insisting that the knife had been in the bathroom. JMHO

I know what you mean about the grain of truth statement. There was a question Nurmi asked her "Did you plan to kill Travis Alexander on June 4th 2008" To which she said she had not.

When I heard that I was thought JA is probably thinking "no I didn't plan to kill him on June 4th. I planned it weeks before June 4th."

Ok if she had 3 gas cans in Pasadena for the purpose of making it all the way to Arizona and back out to Nevada without having to stop for gas -- then why would she only have put 2.77 gallons in the 3rd gas can and not fill it with 5 gallons?

She probably already started filling the 3rd can with the $40 purchase of 9.594 gal. Notice she used up the whole $40. That's why she had to deposit more. The last purchase was 2.774 gal for a total of 12.368 gal, which would be an average of 4.1 gal per 3 cans. She told Nurmi she didn't fill the cans all the way for safety reasons.

How many find it shocking that Jodi's Defense team, given 3.5 years, had not gotten a copy of her Washington Mutual Credit Card statement. And if they had, they didn't dissect the transactions on the exact days before during and after the Murder? Of all people, they had first dibs to gather this information? I would think Bank records would be the first thing she turned over. IF they knew about 3 gas cans (and they are arguing there are 2, but not anymore, they are caught) IF they knew about 3, they would simply have a story made up about it. They would work with the information and excuse it away. As it stands, this is two or three fold "bad". First she is caught in a blatant Lie. Most serious offense on the stand for a Defendant is getting caught in a lie. This lie her team could have worked with if she just told them everything.

I would have found it more shocking if I thought they had a clue what they were doing. They lost my confidence when it looked like they were examining the magazine (which obviously had been turned over in discovery) for PHOTOS, not the coded messages in the margins.

But, yesterday, when I saw JW's mouth agape, I thought, "Dear heavens! They're as surprised as ME! That can't be good for Ms. I-Smiled-And-Flipped-My-Hair-And-Walmart-Gave-Me-Cash!"

But I guess it's hard to defend someone whose story changes every time her mouth opens. :great:

I wanted to jump off Zeno's post, but that thread closed.

I think it is pretty ridiculous that Jodi expects people to believe that she was so concerned about getting stuck in the desert that she needed extra gas.

If she was really concerned about getting stranded she would have 1) made sure her cell was working and 2) not traveled during the wee hours of the morning when it would be more like that any gas stations that do exist may be closed.

I think it was Zeno who said she could have bought a new charger at any major truck stop. The cell phone would probably be the number 1 thing to make sure was in working order, as this could also help her ensure she would not get lost.

You can tell that is just a convenient excuse for how she could supposedly get lost, and not be tracked into AZ.

Also, it strikes me that someone so worried about getting stranded on the road would also not be sleeping in the car on the side of the road for 10 hours.

I really think at this point, the jury is probably going to disregard all her 17 days of testimony.

I agree with all your points. Plus she had made this trip before hadn't she? ty

How about 'pejorative' and 'derogative'

And 'attribute' with the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

She speaks in lifetime movie dialog. Or novellas.

:waitasec:

You pronounce this word 2 different ways depending on whether you are usingit as a noun or a verb.

[v. uh-trib-yoot; n. a-truh-byoot]

I find the fact that now Jose is being asked whether JA is getting adequate counsel hilarious. As if his opinion is the benchmark. :floorlaugh:

Crawl back into the woodwork JB. Of course she was counselled not to speak to the press. remember your er "difficult" client? You know, the one who also had a lying problem and a listening to her advisers problem.

MOO
Aint nobody got time for all that.

If Baez is being sought out for his 'expert' opinion on this case then it only goes to show you just how bad Nurmi is doing! Even Baez can teach him a thing or two! I've seriously never seen such a poor defense. And I'm not sure whether the defense was genuinely surprised at the Salt Lake City receipts yesterday. If it was just a show then it was a terrible one that made them seem unprepared and incompetent in front of the jury.

I think many think smoke from fire...but I don't.

Out in the desert...most likely days before she returned the car but even a few hours...I don't think would encapsulate the car so much that it would take over the smell of gas.

Who would be stupid enough to light a fire to burn things so close to the car with gas cans in the trunk? I mean, not saying she didn't but if she did in fact do that she's lucky she didn't explode with the car! LOL!!

So I think, personally, that smoke from fire is not likely. Plus, I am not thinking that a rental car dude is actually "looking for" that type of smell...ya know?

They WOULD care about someone smoking in the car because that's probably against the contract - though that's just my presumption. I know smoke gets into the a/c system and could make renting to the next person especially with the quick turnaround on rental cars difficult.

I just can't explain the lack of smell in the car if gas cans were stored in there like they clearly were...and her getting some cigarettes to cover the smell would again, go to premediation after the fact? LOL!!

Understood. But I wonder if the smoke smell actually came from her clothes, if there was wind, it could have gotten on her clothing.

SURPRISE.jpg

LOL my fave part is farmville on the 'puter screen

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anyone remember who picked Jodi up after she returned the rental car? They would have had to transfer her luggage (AND THE GAS CANS) to whatever car she was being picked up in, and then unloaded at her grandparents (where she said the gas cans ultimately remained).

I do not recall if that has ever come up. The only thing I do recall is that she turned it in late. She said she was running late so she went to work 1 day. And then turned it in a day late. More than enough time to get rid of the gas cans. But again we don't know :mad:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Ok. Slept on it, and I think JM has more dirt on those gas cans.
Based ln the jury questions, he knows this is a sceptical jury. He knows!
They asked Jodi what her prescription was!
I don't think he would make such a bold statement without more to back it up.

How many find it shocking that Jodi's Defense team, given 3.5 years, had not gotten a copy of her Washington Mutual Credit Card statement. And if they had, they didn't dissect the transactions on the exact days before during and after the Murder? Of all people, they had first dibs to gather this information? I would think Bank records would be the first thing she turned over. IF they knew about 3 gas cans (and they are arguing there are 2, but not anymore, they are caught) IF they knew about 3, they would simply have a story made up about it. They would work with the information and excuse it away. As it stands, this is two or three fold "bad". First she is caught in a blatant Lie. Most serious offense on the stand for a Defendant is getting caught in a lie. This lie her team could have worked with if she just told them everything.

SURPRISE.jpg

Exactly. I made a point on another thread that she could have made up another lie to suggest that she filled the car then the gas cans...realized the car wasn't filled to capacity which could explain the third transaction for "topping off" the car.

Of course, I'm not sure what size fuel tank the rental had so that theory could probably be disproved quite easily.

IT would not have to happen that way. She could have been standing near the fire, The smoke smell could still permeate her clothing and hair. My hair always used to reek like smoke after being in a club. I had to wash it before bed to sleep.

It hangs on. So she would not have to be near the car with the fire. It could have blown or it could be on her clothes. IT does not have to have actual smoke to get the smell entrapped in it.

You are absolutely right. But what I am trying to say is that the smoke smell had to OVERPOWER the smell of gas.

And I am just not seeing that smoke transfer would permeate the car enough to coverup that gas smell.

But that's to say that there was in fact a gas smell to coverup...that's my assumption. I know what my garage smells like when there is gas stored in it, especially in the heat. These gas cans were in that car, in various states of full to empty, for 5 days in high heat part of the time.

I just can't get over the fact the car would have to smell...and what better way to cover up that smell than with cigarette smoke.

But of course, that doesn't mean you have to agree with me either. That's why this forum is so great - reading theories, since much of what we post is just that barring real evidence.

I'm convinced Jodi drinks water the way she does because of an arm injury during the murder. I've never seen someone drink like that.

What a compelling post by Mormon Attorney. Hope no one minds that I've brought it over from the previous thread.

Mormon Attorney: Your sincerity and good heart shine through. A question though: What is the clinical diagnosis of the kids you deal with? PTSD? (Sorry if I missed where you previously explained this.)

Thanks for asking. If they have gotten proper help, the diagnosis has been reactive attachment disorder. However, all of these children are complex. In fact, we refer to it generally as "Complex Trauma." Most of these kids have many other diagnoses including oppositional defiant disorder, anxiety, PTSD, fetal alcohol, bipolar disorder, significant learning delays of all types*, adhd, etc. These kids have often been hit genetically and environmentally with lots of deficits.

Interesting on the learning deficits, my child has a nonverbal learning disability and also tends to take things VERY literally. When I have watched JA argue about specific words in a very literal sense, I have recognized that. While there is no doubt she is vying for control and being difficult, I also sense that she may have difficulty processing the questions as most people would. Her word "hyper-literal" would be very accurate for my child, as well.

Although I work with biological families too, our families are mostly adoptive families where there is clear evidence of abuse, neglect, or chronic instability in the first three years of life which alters brain function. Add drug exposure or fetal alcohol and that compounds things. Then, with altered brain function, you see some common traits such as failure to emotionally regulate, no impulse control, etc. These traits then often lead to the ADHD diagnosis and others. So, again, the commonality to my families is the early trauma. Some of our kids have a long list of diagnoses because of these brain changes and alcohol exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member