Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mormon Attorney

Thanks for your insightful posting this afternoon!

I would like to hope I am somewhat responsible for it by posing my earlier question so I am back for another round.

Jodi seems to be the most hated person on the planet at least her on WS by countless posts of LIAR or I hate her.

At the risk of becoming the most hated poster here at WS let me state I have never hated here, not even close. People kill and murder people everyday, if I hated just a few of them I would be filled with hate. It seems that since Jodi is under the microscope, she is hated for every single thing she does, including the way she blinks her eyes. Her photography is horrible, her lying, her art, her appearance, down to how she holds her glass of water, all are just lower than the low.

So here comes my question, forget everything we know and lets change the circumstances.

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

I understand what you're saying and I, too, have occasionally been taken aback by some poster's comments. BUT . . .

Calling her a liar or saying that they hate her is why this board is here. Some of us spend a good chunk of our day watching this trial. Emotions run very high. I've said this before: I believed JA was guilty based on news reports but didn't have really strong feelings about her -- until she took the stand. Those 9 days of direct examination by Nurmi really, really changed those feelings. What's wrong with calling her a liar? She IS a liar. What's wrong with saying I hate her? I DO hate her (I haven't ever posted that, btw). This board is a safe place to make these comments and vent a little steam among like-minded people, who understand how I feel.

Maybe it's because the majority of us are women and are venters by nature. It's how we avoid taking it out on our kids or kicking the dog. Probably few of us go down to the racquetball court and take it out on the ball. Maybe we should. :floorlaugh:

As for comments on her photography and the like -- well, that's just the fury coming out. And she is infuriating.

I've always been opposed to the death penalty and some of the comments in that regard make me cringe. But it's legal, and it's what the Alexander family wants, so who am I to criticize? I can work for it to be outlawed, but I would never, ever say that the family of a murder victim is in any way to be condemned for their feelings.

Just my take.

I understand how the 3rd gas can proves premeditation and is very, very bad for Jodi.

What I do not understand is why she filled 3 gas cans in UTAH, after she had already committed the murder and left Arizona. Was it really just to save a few pennies?! How utterly stupid and self-defeating!

Yes, she already stated that she bought the gas cans to "save money" so she had to use them outside of AZ to keep her story straight.

I thought it was cool that JM brought up Walmart not having any record of a returned gas can on that day; that was mentioned by someone on the twitter feed the day before... WalMart DOES keep a record of every returned item.

I saw that as well. The young man said also said the Travis was always punctual and one night he went to pick him up and had to go inside as Travis was late. He said Travis told him he was very frustrated that JA was bothering him (my word) and Travis actually threw his phone.

The more I read especially that text message from TA - I am finding it difficult to believe he had sex with JA the day she killed him.
Who knows. Maybe she told him about the new beau she was on her way to engage, released him officially and asked that they mutually forgive each other as they moved on. And somehow convinced him this would their goodbye tryst, the (ritual) 'memorializing' of their relationship, as she is so fond of putting things. Others might call it 'closure' or 'sealing'. She did that with other boyfriends on breakup, though to a lesser degree. The email, the groceries, the driveway lip kiss, etc. I can see her creating that kind of situation, all the time using it to herd him into a vulnerable state of mind, and body, so she could overpower him and take his life. Just thinking.

Yes, sometimes his tongue trips over itself. He has to multi-task when dealing with her. This is not a direct Q and A. He has to keep in mind his ultimate goal, what question to follow up with, and battle her for every inch, maintain control, while she tries to derail him all.the.frigging.time, sometimes as he's speaking. I dare anyone else to try that. I don't think he gets flustered; I think he's very single-minded. He has to think of many things at the same time and make split second decisions in dealing with her. There is no time to relax, knowing full well the games she plays. He does show remarkable restraint. Watching him is a thing of beauty-- it's like he's conducting a symphony. Absolutely remarkable.

Well said! I can't imagine dealing with someone like her on the witness stand. I'm still amazed at when she said "say what?" to him. I wanted to slug her one when she did that, but he didn't miss a beat over it. He is brilliant, and he obviously knows what he's dealing with.

I understand how the 3rd gas can proves premeditation and is very, very bad for Jodi.

What I do not understand is why she filled 3 gas cans in UTAH, after she had already committed the murder and left Arizona. Was it really just to save a few pennies?! How utterly stupid and self-defeating!

I am wondering if she thought if was important in her mind to keep the penny pinching act going. If suddenly she came under scrutiny and she had ditched the can filling:fence: we would be looking at that, so maybe that is why.?

Either she brought a different memory card or she uploaded the pics onto his memory card from her computer...Are either of these scenarios possible???

:seeya: Yes, I think both are possible ! Good one : she loaded the pics from HER computer ... and didn't she have her laptop with her ?

:waitasec:

You are absolutely right. But what I am trying to say is that the smoke smell had to OVERPOWER the smell of gas.

And I am just not seeing that smoke transfer would permeate the car enough to coverup that gas smell.

But that's to say that there was in fact a gas smell to coverup...that's my assumption. I know what my garage smells like when there is gas stored in it, especially in the heat. These gas cans were in that car, in various states of full to empty, for 5 days in high heat part of the time.

I just can't get over the fact the car would have to smell...and what better way to cover up that smell than with cigarette smoke.

But of course, that doesn't mean you have to agree with me either. That's why this forum is so great - reading theories, since much of what we post is just that barring real evidence.

could she have taken the floor mats and put them in the trunk under the gas cans, maybe got rid of the mats at home before returning the car?

The other thing about the nude pics that doesn't make sense to me is that TA's room-mate described TA's comforter as being brown but the sheets as light coloured. So if they supposedly just woke up and had sex, why is the bed still made?

There are plenty of things to look at, including what's going on in my own mind.

I don't need to give attention or views to someone that nasty. The message is not worth patronizing that kind of offensive crawp.

Maybe more prudent advice would be to the video maker - stick to what you think are the facts and quit that kind of bullying. That's what it is, bullying someone who may have some issues, and I will NOT support it.

In fact I'll ask the moderators to take it down.

Where is the link please?

I'm really beginning to feel uncomfortable with this public flogging of Jodi. This has turned into a bullying session just like the ones we try to teach our children is not okay.

Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis. She knows it, we know it. She will spend the rest of her life in prison.

HLN is making lots of $$ from the Jodi show. The quality of advertisers has gradually increased. We even have cheer leaders under the guise of highly paid 'commentators'.

Enough is enough. It's getting gross.

I just saw a couple on HLN who said that Travis was very frustrated with Jodi. He said he was sick of Jodi coming by uninvited. He told them he would come home and she would be hiding in the closet or he would wake up and she would be on the couch. I haven't been able to watch the trial as much as some but did Travis ever call 911?

Wow! Good point!! I don't believe he did or Det. Flores would have included that in his initial report IMO. Perhaps TA didn't want to de-edify his stalker.
I wish he had!!!

Wow. You guys are good.

And didn't she think she was just too smart eh?

OK, just Mapquested her route assuming she went straight from Sparks NV to Yreka CA to return to work on 6/6/08 and then back to Redding CA on 6/7 . The total mileage is 2657 and I'm willing to throw in 50 miles for her driving around Pasadena & West Jordan. The rental car receipt shows 2873 miles, so where the heck are those other 165 miles or so ?

Right - except she has been saying "Travis said" since she hit the stand. :banghead:

JM has been objecting though. I notice the judge doesn't always sustain his objections but.......:banghead:

I wondered if she intended to be the person to find him. That email that said she may be visiting "the house" while he's away was so bizarre. Jodi just couldn't help but inject herself into the aftermath of the bloodbath she was responsible for.

OK, just Mapquested her route assuming she went straight from Sparks NV to Yreka CA to return to work on 6/6/08 and then back to Redding CA on 6/7 . The total mileage is 2657 and I'm willing to throw in 50 miles for her driving around Pasadena & West Jordan. The rental car receipt shows 2873 miles, so where the heck are those other 165 miles or so ?

Did you include her driving to Yreka and then back to Redding to return the car?

That's lots of miles!!!!

And a good question.

While I have enjoyed getting some real life stuff done today..I feel like I'm in severe withdrawals.

I'm not sure if its trial withdrawals or Websleuths withdrawals though--you guys are addictive :grouphug:

FYI: Tesoro gas station on 1699 North temple is not and has never been open from 1 am - 6 am . Here's their phone number to verify (801) 596-7784. Arias could not have bought anything but gas and that's only available to pay at the pump with a credit card as no one is there at that time.

Recent Facebook post from Justice4travis

Wow! Good point!! I don't believe he did or Det. Flores would have included that in his initial report IMO. Perhaps TA didn't want to de-edify his stalker.
I wish he had!!!
IIRC, the only time he did was when his (and Lisa's) tires were slashed...and according to someone here...no one showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven