trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no documented mental illness. She planned it out. Jodi wanted to plea to second degree. The state said no. Jodi never would have agreed to plea to first degree.

Don't forget, the jury asked JA if she had ever been treated for her "mental issues" and she said she didn't have any. Psychopaths and people with personality disorders will never admit to mental health issues - they are above all that in their distorted minds.

"Jodi had a lot of, a lot of, plans for her future. How could she mess it up, and do somethin' that you said she did?"

Even with Sandy Arias, it was all about St. Jodi of Arias.

Never a single thought about the man who was stabbed, sliced, slashed and shot, and then left by her daughter to rot in a shower stall.
Got to be honest. I initially agreed with you. But then I remembered we've only seen the extracts so far. Her parents may not even thought it was their place to ask about Travis and his family. Det Flores couldn't / wouldn't have told them much anyhow.

You've made a very interesting observation here. I thought during the "doc's" testimony, he seemed very arrogant, and unaware of how badly he came across on the stand.

I opined at the time he may be narcissistic. Now, I find myself wondering about ALV.

The DT apparently had to look a long time to find someone willing to agree with and assert their ridiculous claims of PTSD and DV under oath. What kind of ego does that take - to believe they can "sell" this completely inane defense? One similar to JA's?

But their deceit is very transparent to me, and their defense of JA's brutality is beyond reprehensible. I hope they are sanctioned by their "peers". moo

There are so many differences between this case and my brother's murderer's case. The state couldn't find ONE defense expert to testify on the murderer's behalf. The DT came to us and told us how sorry they were and said that THEY were praying for us. This just blows my mind! I guess we were truly lucky? How can ANY defense team trash a victim? I feel so sorry for T.A.'s family! :(

As I was watching the show I was wondering how many jurors were watching and relating the little boy to Jodi. The thing is, if Jodi is a "natural born killer" like the little boy in the show, wouldn't "insanity" have been a better defense?:twocents:

Insanity wouldn't fly in this case, JA knows right from wrong or she wouldn't have taken steps to clean the scene, destroy or dispose of evidence, flee, lie, and prepare to flee again. Insanity is a very difficult defense to plea successfully anymore.

JA had a singing engagement to see the National Anthem..Yea Right..Someone needed to tell her she sucked at singing!!

Just like her art was going to be displayed next to Manets and VanGoughs.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm betting a strong colour. Today is their last real shot (hopefully) of making an impact on the jurors so they want to get a message across. After this they only have recross and then cross to JM's rebuttal. They'll also be talking about June 04.

Im thinking its about time for the red to come back into rotation.

Today will be a red day, and maybe salmon for Nurmi

:giggle:

This girl on HLN reading Jodi's journals is cracking me up........ Smileeeeeeeeeeey Face, Froownnnnnny Face! :lol:

Should hopefully start reading on twitter that attorneys are there. Today had better not be cancelled...

If you look at her CV on her website - she has testified in dozens of court cases. This ain't her first rodeo, so why all the nerves? Hmmm???? I don't think it's all due to the fear of Juan.

I think she's a diabetic. Stress can aggravate that, but I think the court was told ahead of time she was diabetic.

The potty breaks may be to check her sugar. The reason court was abruptly stopped was because the court knew of the pre-exisitng condition. That's why, IMO, there was no questioning of the witness by the judge. She already knew

JC said she was pale and sweaty yesterday and shaking during the break before dismissal.

Several others have thought the same. (about diabetes)

I'd like to personally cut her some slack on the sickness issue, I don't think it's within her control.

Not sure I get which fence you're on, but trying to. Are you saying the parents shouldn't have intervened or would have made no impact had they did?

As the daughter of a mother who stepped in, took the reigns and risked severing her relationship with me in order to stage my intervention as an adult addicted to drinking - I can promise you that had she not intervened I very like would have killed someone, myself, my child or someone else. My beautiful (and sometimes impossible) mother changed the entire course of history through her courageous actions despite the contempt I showed her at the time. I owe my life to her and a great many other people do too, as I was surely destructive and a loose cannon. I think there is NEVER a time when a parent stops making an impact on their child-even and adult child if they persevere.

I'm saying that the commentator was wrong to condemn her parents because they believed Flores. She took their acceptance of Flores's statement that he had overwhelming evidence that Jodi had killed Travis as an indicator that they were bad parents, that good parents would have believed in her innocence. I disagree.

As I was watching the show I was wondering how many jurors were watching and relating the little boy to Jodi. The thing is, if Jodi is a "natural born killer" like the little boy in the show, wouldn't "insanity" have been a better defense?:twocents:

One of the talking heads addressed this last night. There's a difference between mental illness (crazy) and insanity (where you are so crazy that you don't know up from down or right from wrong. She made the observation that everyone who kills is a little crazy because normal people don't run around killing people - much less killing people as brutally as JA killed TA. JA knows/knew right from wrong as evidenced by her plan to conceal what she'd done.

"Jodi had a lot of, a lot of, plans for her future. How could she mess it up, and do somethin' that you said she did?"

Even with Sandy Arias, it was all about St. Jodi of Arias.

Never a single thought about the man who was stabbed, sliced, slashed and shot, and then left by her daughter to rot in a shower stall.

It is her daughter, and she cannot understand how her daughter, who had all these aspirations and plans, could do something so savage and heartless. She said she had mental issues and needed help. She said the first thing she did was ask Jodi if she had something to do with it. I think people are being way too judgemental of the mother. She said that because she couldn't conprehend how her child could throw her entire life away and murder someone. I think that's a pretty normal reaction for a parent who was just told their daughter is a psychopathic murderer. It does not mean she feels nothing for Travis and his family.

I wonder if it was documented she was going to sing the national anthem somewhere or if the reason she wasn't all that upset was because she made the whole thing up. In front of Flores. (I mean she didn't lie to TA and tell him to come to Yreka to hear her sing. more like she wanted to impress Flores with the national anthem thing.)

It was probable a church picnic - maybe Memorial Day? But she makes it seem like it was at a Dodger's game or some other super significant event.

The other day I mentioned a bus driver I decided I was in a relationship with even though he doesn't know about me - well apart from when I say hi on his route. I didn't see him today. I hope he hasn't gone on holiday without me :furious::furious:

Take a page from the JA playbook: ride to the end of his route, follow him home, and then crawl through the doggie door. That way, you will always know his schedule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark