Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks to croakerqueen123 for being so fast!

All of today's court proceedings:
:rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDXopWnFUqA"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Motion for Mistrial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube[/ame]

Well here's my take on it. IF the death threats were true AND if Patti hadn't refused to answer some of Juan's questions I would have a problem with it. I'm skeptical of Patti's authentic reason for not showing up today. Is it because she's afraid of being charged with a crime herself? Or is it because of the death threats (should they really exist)?

But I do completely condemn any death threats to any witness. That's simply not acceptable. I'm just not sure that's what is really going on here.

KN didn't even give that as the reason. he said she'd been 'intimidated'.

well, when you're an addict and you may have some problems with the IRS or the state who's paying you welfare due to selling those pictures (my theory), wouldn't you KNOW you'd be questioned about those things? KN knew it. this is all staged. none of this just happened on its own.

Nurmi's "performance" this AM - is he really hoping for more clients using this tantrum strategy? I can't even speak about what I think of him without getting a TO.
Willmott seemed a little bit - "Are you sure WE want to do this?" to me. lol
What a pair.

I do not believe it! Do not believe any death threats were made at all!

If the truth be known, it was probably someone from JAIsinnocent website, trying to go for a mistrial, OR someone Jody herself put up to threatening PW as a strategic maneuver. I wouldn't put anything past her at this stage of the game, we all know what she is capable of. She is a manipulator of the highest degree, she's been manipulating her DT all this time, why not one more time! She has lots of people doing her bidding. Why not making threats to her own witnesses?

So are we sure the Jodi show will take place tomorrow? What the heck happened to DB? Hope someone finds out.

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

I have not seen this to be a fact. It was thrown around as a rumor. In court, there is no reason given (factually) as to why Patti did not show up. She's absent. The court was not given a reason for her absence.

I just stepped back in and I'm so confused! What on earth happened? Patti and DB didn't testify? Was there a reason given? If they didn't then, why didn't JA? Why the delay of yet another day?

Beth says allocution @ 9:30 then judge will probably instruct jury, then Closings in the order of: defense, prosecution, defense

I am actually very surprised there was not a court outburst from someone.
Seriously, i thought someone would lose it after another delay.

It would have been all that I could do not to give the most massively HUGE eyeroll in the history of all eyerolls, if I were on that jury. lol.

:rolleyes:

Even if you disregard Patti, WHY isn't the defense calling anymore witnesses? I doubt everyone JA knows has been threatened. Why aren't they calling her parents? Maybe because they don't want Juan to bring out the police interogation videos??

Honestly though it's a HUGE mistake for the DT to not call Jodi's mother to the stand. Horrendous mistake. Which makes me think that it's JODI who doesn't want her to testify.

What if your life was being threatened? Would you?
Consider this at least.

Yes!
IF...
I believed in the goodness of the defendant and
I felt my testimony would help save the life of someone I loved.

I think they cannot find anyone willing to say in court that they believe JA is a good person and should be saved. (except most likely her family which apparently JA said she didn't want to testify). Although it is truly sad to think that she has not ONE person willing to testify for her,
I do NOT feel sorry for her. Every day we make choices in our lives.
Her choices have led her to this courtroom and to the position she is in with no one to testify for her. If she wanted a different life, she should have made different choices - in her relationships with others, how she carried herself through life, and of course, on June 4 2008.
We ALL face multiple choices every day. Those choices provide the basis for who we are and how we move through this world.
As I have always told my children: Make your choices carefully. Every choice has a consequence - good or bad. You make the choice, you earn the consequence - good or bad.

Only Jodi wants to speak for Jodi! Not a complete surprise yet somewhat entirely appropriate that it all boils down this. Also by allocating she can't be cross examined. Jodi's manipulation continues...
IMHO I think CMJA wants to have the last word so she can trash Travis without being cross examined, and in that way she can deal a final blow to hurt Travis's family. I think all she wants is to cause as much pain to them as possible. Her need to extract revenge and cause suffering is obsessive and frightening. :moo:

Pleased- yes. Smug- yes. Medicated-- absolutely not, unless you count being drunk on her deluded belief in her own power.

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."
Yep. But JUST HOW RIDICULOUS would they be saying that with nearly her entire family sitting in the front row elbowing each other and winking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500