Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because Juan spoke to her and she went into hiding like MM and apparently now DB too.

On the other hand, the DT is kinda right with the exposure. Asking for a sequestered jury, no cameras all was denied.

Could she be held in contempt?

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

I do. I've yet to hear one ounce of proof that there were any death threats, so I am disgusted that the witness used such an excuse to avoid having to take the stand.

My guess? Her attorneys said she wasn't prepared to speak today (I know, I know) and out of an abundance of caution, judge gave them until tomorrow to prepare.

I wasn't watching, just following along here. Some said she appeared medicated. Guess she couldn't get up there and speak on her own behalf if she is on some sort of sedative/medication.

Today's defense tactic is making me nervous. I'm hoping they can't benefit from a mess of their own creating.

And she won't be on drugs tomorrow? Maybe the DT will carry her in on a stretcher or wheelchair for effect. Maybe she'll do something tragic tonight (ie, injure herself). MOO

:banghead:

Off to do some laundry!

:seeya:

Mel

Yeah…and tomorrow they will ask for another delay to prepare witnesses to speak on Jodi's behalf. What's the matter with her family? They've known her for 32 years and have more REASON to speak kindly of her than anyone on this planet.

If the truth was to be told, Jodi Arias has NO REDEEMING QUALITIES! And there lies your problem, Nurmi! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

bbm
Maybe knowing her for 32 years gives them even less reason to speak for her, they may know her too well.

Only Jodi wants to speak for Jodi! Not a complete surprise yet somewhat entirely appropriate that it all boils down this. Also by allocating she can't be cross examined. Jodi's manipulation continues...

This mornings mess gave me a headache so I'm drinking a Crystal Light Appletini to calm my nerves. I don't drink alcohol so I'll pretend it's the real thing.

I need to withdraw again under Laurel v Hardy Episode 12...

ok, good.. bye...ok what, denied?

Nurmi's like a schoolyard bully, he really makes me beyond :furious:

Now why do you think that Nurmi wanted all that poop on camera? Rather than in chambers?

Jodi's lawyers are in a difficult, even impossible position. Remember: She originally wanted to defend herself; now they have reached a stage when everything is clearly lost, so she feels justified to be the loose cannon. There is no telling what she will say when she speaks. I suspect that she will fault her attorneys and assert that the jury is not hearing witnesses that could prove Travis' abuse. (I think that in her own head, she was sexually abused by him, simply because he ultimately didn't take the marriage bait of her entire naked body but guiltily continued to accept it.)

It is the truth. Patti refuses to testify. She's in California not AZ. Amazing how fast CA mail system is. She left there Thursday and Nurmi has the letter this morning.

Yes but refusing to testify and not being available are two completely different things, imo. Or maybe it's just semantics.

I keep getting this strange feeling that Jodi wants to be in court on June 4, that horribly fateful date.

Come on, Patty worked a deal with NG show...for the pictures and video, it happens all the time...that's what Juan was talking about pictures and $$$$.

In fact, IMHO, from the moment court convened today she sported a mismatched seething smugness on her face that, given the outcome for today, speaks volumes. :banghead:

I, too, saw a slight smirk. Could be a figment of my imagination -- but she seemed so relaxed about the whole thing. As if she was in on it.

MOO

Mel

What. A. Circus.
And tasteless and rude of JA's sister to wear that "Survivor" t shirt to court. RME.

:floorlaugh: Not ONE mitigation witness. Wow, just wow. Jodi's plan working out because it's showtime for her tomorrow. :facepalm:

BBM:

:seeya:

:waitasec: Just had a thought from reading your post ... fwiw ... lol !

Jodi absolutely has an ulterior motive and no doubt there is an ulterior motive for what happened today ...

Could it be that Jodi does NOT want anybody to testify for her because she does NOT want anyone else to be the "center of attention" -- at least the "center of attention" for the amount of time that that person would be testifying ? KWIM ?

In other words, its HER show -- the "Jodi Show" -- and she does NOT want to share it with anyone !

Does she think that this latest ploy will win her sympathy from the jury ?

I DOUBT IT !

They "have her number" already ...

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads