Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think how hypocritical Nurmi carrying on about trial coverage and disrespect to Judge....while his client is giving any interview she can give and an attention ho! Same for some DT witnesses, trolling for attention, got $ for pics to NG show (probably), and the other one was going to get media/public attention for release of publication.

When you manipulate people, sooner or later the people will turn on you.

So the pathetic defense wants to blame the state on the fact Jodi has no friends. This is just sickening what these people are doing to this family.

This DT is delusional, who do they think would really have anything good to say about their psychopathic monster client?

so why couldn't the murderer elocute today?

My guess? Her attorneys said she wasn't prepared to speak today (I know, I know) and out of an abundance of caution, judge gave them until tomorrow to prepare.

I wasn't watching, just following along here. Some said she appeared medicated. Guess she couldn't get up there and speak on her own behalf if she is on some sort of sedative/medication.

Today's defense tactic is making me nervous. I'm hoping they can't benefit from a mess of their own creating.

All that will happen is, if in fact they appeal and there is a re sentencing, ALL these Jodi witnesses have to come back and this will go on for THEM for years.

They are delaying the inevitable.

No way could anything they have heard, read or been told by way of intimidation match on any scale the oppositions sides cheerleaders.

This is simply a delay tactic.

That is something, considering she wants to die... right?

Since they kept Jodi on a special 3 day 'suicide watch' hold this past weekend, it would make sense that some psychiatrist would ramp up her tranquilizers, so the only explanation I can think of for the Judge to hold this over until tomorrow is to give Jodi overnight to sip water and eat some of that homemade Maricopa County Jail bread and become less drugged and doped than she is right now :desert:

BBM~~

Quoting this so we can all remember that court will be early in the morning.... 9:30am.

And now for something completely different. :biggrin: That is one pizzed off judge! And just think of the jury to have this done to them again. They aren't blaming Juan. They are blaming the defense and Jodi. What happened to good ole Darryll? And the jury is probably sitting there looking at Jodi's Mom, Dad, all her siblings thinking "Why can't some of them speak for Jodi and then we can do our thing and go the F home?"

Well, that's all I've got. I'm speechless. Never seen a trial like this in all my life, never. :waitasec:

Makes the Anthony, Westerfield, and Peterson trials look like a cake walk doesn't it.

MOO

Mel

insist that the proceedings take place today as scheduled?
It really defies belief that this is dragging out like this.

At this point the fault/blame/responsibility belongs squarely on JUDGE SHERRY STEPHEN'S shoulders for continued delays. It's HER courtroom and it's HER rules. If she would put her foot down and mean it and hold true to it then the trial would proceed. You can't expect a defense team (any defense team) to bend over backwards to 'help' get their client convicted and sentenced to death. Of course they're going to try delay tactics! Smarmy? Sure. Rare? Not so much.

In the end it comes down to the JUDGE. And THIS judge has shown some real weaknesses and the DT is exploiting them, as any DT would do, given the opportunity to do so.

I wish Travis's family would decide to not be in court when JACK speaks tomorrow. They shouldn't subject themselves to such torture.

Heck I would not even mind if they did not televise the witnesses talking to the jury and seal it, so we can't ever ever hear or read.

Then put Jodi back on and let us see her though.

It just occurred to me that we won't hear Juan do another cross-examination in this case. I'm going to miss hearing the sound of his voice!

Does he get to do a rebuttal of JA's statement to the jury?

Does anyone know why DB will not be testifying?
TIA.

I think that both PW and DB were not told that they would be cross examined where anything unsavory from their past could be brought up that they would have to answer to. I believe they thought that they could just make a statement in some sort of favor of Jodi and that would be all there was. That's what I always thought after all... I had no idea that the state could cross examine the mitigation witnesses.

I think DB bailed out for the same reason that PW did... that they would be cross examined by the state and anything unsavory about their past could come out.

The jury has got to be really wondering why the family is there but not testifying on Jodi's behalf and that the scheduled witnesses that were supposed to testify have suddenly bailed out.

This is the most ridiculous day I have seen. There was no reason I seen to stop court. If I was on the jury I would be screaming DP I am done with playing

I am actually very surprised there was not a court outburst from someone.
Seriously, i thought someone would lose it after another delay.

Getting Jodi into the death chamber is like getting a cat into a bathtub. She will claw, bite, kick and moan and drag this out to the last nanosecond.
Oyyy. Just get on with it! Complete nonsense.

IMO, the defense attys wanted JA's mother to testify. JA's mother would have said "something is wrong with her...she has mental problems...she has never been right...", etc. JA won't allow this.

That *advertiser censored* has a boatload of pride. She'd rather die than have someone criticize her.

I agree and want to add that Jodi does not want the jury the feel empathy with her family for having been cursed with this monster.

Wow but still dont get why DB not testifying?

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."

I feel sorry for the Alexander family. I feel sorry for the jurors, and hope that if any had jobs their employers are okay with them not being there for half a year.

On a positive note, maybe JA will not have a white shirt for tomorrow, lol. Maybe JA's mom will feel she needs to say something for JA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173