Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also seems that Michael Kiefer has a red phone connected to Nurmi & Willmott. He had an article with the so-called death threats this morning before court.

It's such BS--the problem is Jodi's fault 100%--the only witness she could dredge up from the sewer of her past is a drug-abusing criminal on welfare. There were no death threats. It's just an excuse for Patti not bothering to even show up. The Defense looked STUPID and FOOLISH!:floorlaugh:

I have a prob with death threats to any witness BUT they could have proceeded with Daryl Brewer anyhow or called a member of her family to speak on her behalf. Also as Juan said, calling Patty W. would have been a waste as she was going to use her 5th amendment right and plead the 5th. I do hope LE is investigating the alleged death threats, that is terrible.

If they really want justice..stop the threats!
this is not solving an already bad situation..:seeya:
it will never end if this keeps up..:please::moo:

LMAO way to go Nurmi. Insult the court (judge), insult the prosecutor, then whine about misconduct?!?!?!?

DT in this case are LOSERS. Throwing a temper tantrum when they can't get their own way. :floorlaugh:

The murderer needs time to practice her lines? Judge S looks mad as a hornet!

She should be! Nurmi's accusing her, the court, of failing to give the felon a fair trial on many occasions! I guess he really was napping in his reclinated chair, cause JSS did EVERYTHING to ensure this was fair fair fair!!!

His rantings today hit a new low, but I have to keep lowering the bar for this DT, so no surprise at all.

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

We are not sure that is the reason. That id the DT's version of events. But Juan gave alternate reasons according to statements the witness made to him earlier.

But obviously if there were death threats that is outrageous and should be investiageted and someone charged with that offense.

This DT is delusional, who do they think would really have anything good to say about their psychopathic monster client?

I think they are over their heads and have been for the entire case. They should have focused on her mental instability the whole time not the ridiculous DV story.

They have to do what she tells them but they should have bowed out much early. I think they are both just way over their heads.

The fact that they've been wearing Jodi's Domestic Violence tshirts and Domestic Violence ribbons tells me they believe her crap AND that JA has asked them not to testify. Maybe a plot for appeal? Maybe she wants the DP? Either way, it's manipulation.

I'm a little shocked that she (or they) are allowed to wear those t-shirts. But I supposed it would have required a complaint from Juan to stop it and, really, why bother?

The witness withdrew due to death threats. Doesn't anybody here have a problem with that?

I guess if you're gullible enough to buy the defense teams BS...but no, she was offered a chance to speak under seal in private and still refuses.

This is just BS tactics only to be believed by the most weak minded .

Don't do that.

I'm just here to help.

The death threats are BS, IMO. Patty Womack is a welfare recipient, as well as a drug abuser, and she has too much to lose by answering questions posed by Juan Martinez.

Where was Darryl? No word about why he didn't show up.

Nurmi threw a huge temper tantrum & looked like an idiot.

Jodi has no mitigation witnesses because she is a life-long loser, grifter, manipulator and liar.

Nurmi & Willmott were P.O.ed that they were left looking stupid with no witnesses bothering to show up or call them before court. Jodi has no friends, her family is for some reason showing up in the gallery, but not speaking for her.

It's not Juan's fault that the defense looked like total clowns today.

After what happened to ALV on Amazon and others trying to keep her from getting invited to speaking engagements, I totally belive there were death threats. There are some crazy people out there who are way too into this trial.

And so Jodi gets more of her drama.

I thought she wanted to go quietly into the death chamber.

She looked vert confident and proud. She also looks evil and manipulative. The DT must have had options and JA had to agree to this. JA is also responsible for denying her own family to speak. Again she thinks she is getting out of this on appeal. Grrr. Moo

The solution is witness protection and going after whoever made the threats, (probably NOT the prosecutor), not giving a mistrial. This is just more defense BS, sounds like they threw a temper tantrum by not putting up any witnesses when they didn't get their way.:twocents:

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."

I'm starting to wonder if DT is trying to pressure the mom or a family member to speak on JA's behalf. Regardless who decided that no family member would.

:twocents::twocents:

It is not the Court's fault, the Judge's fault, or the Prosecutor's fault that the DT can't find a single witness to testify on CMja's behalf, regardless of the actual reason(s) why any potential witness will ultimately not take the stand. Nice try, Nurmi. NEXT. :moo:

1445 peeps!! Join us guests.
Beth on HLN making sense of this mess. Last order of business is JA making a statement.
This happens AFTER Juan.
Beth has more to say ....about a possible stategy.....after the break.

The reason Jodi's family isn't testifying on her behalf is ~ JODI won't allow it. She's the one that made that decision.

The fact remains that throughout the entire trial, Jodi & her council painted Jodi's family as abusive to her. They've maintained for 4 months now that her family is nothing but a bunch of meanies, and that's why they can't put a single one of them on the stand to act like they now like her. Now, none if it's true, mind you... But, if they get up there now, it's going to be obvious that they DO in fact care about her, and Jodi will sit there seething and shooting them dirty looks ~ and none of it will sit well with that whole "my family's so mean to me" scenario. It'll just pull the lid off THAT particular lie, so what's the point?

This whole thing is such a farce...

I do agree with what you wrote, but also think them just being there today shows some caring and support. Unless, of course, they were just there to see her get sentenced to death. :)

Nurmi said something about not putting any other witness up if they couldn't paint the entire picture of her life. I read that as "since we don't have Womak to present her childhood, they wouldn't put anyone else up either, because it wouldn't give a complete picture of the CMJA."

Or he didn't show up, either. I didn't read any Tweets from court observers that he was there this morning.

Funny for a client that just wants to die right?? Lets make more appeals even though I have been found guilty, to keep me alive longer....

I wish they could play, " If I had killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty. "

She no more wants the death penalty than she wants to be in jail. That whole line by the murderer was nothing but bluster and bs. She is scared poopless about getting the DP and she knows it is coming because even she understands she is not worthy of mercy, no more than she handed to Travis.

The question is, what games do we get to see tomorrow ? You know more are coming...death threats, probably set up by the murderer for just this purpose. Naw it is pretty plain, Ms. Womack is unwilling to say what the murderer wants her to say and is afraid Martinez will get her to admit the truth.

We are now getting to see more of what Travis had to put up with. If anyone has any doubt why she deserves the DP, think again, it is blatantly obvious exactly why she needs to be on deathrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173