MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

I must not be understanding how that app works. Can someone using it find the location of anyone's phone? No prior set up needed?

If the phone app showed the phone in the house I guess she could have thought he was sleeping it off all day Monday. If she knew it was in the backyard though....
MOO
I don't understand that app either, sounds bizarre and if not agreed upon a massive intrusion on one's privacy. Jmo.

It's possible that they were so "drowsy" and such from the alcohol and weed, that they were using the coke to make them alert enough to drive home. Maybe they felt extra slowed, and the need to take far more coke than usual.
I agree, if they needed an extra pick-me-up, it was probably more cocaine, but could they maybe have taken street-bought Adderall?

Counterfeit pills are often sold on social media and are made to look like prescription pills, such as Adderall, according to the Drug Enforcement Agency. DEA lab testing found that four out of ten counterfeit pills with fentanyl contained a potentially lethal dose. A lethal dose is "about two milligrams, equivalent in size to a few grains of salt," the DEA said.

"Be aware of the possibility of unexpected contaminates or how drugs may unsafely interact with alcohol," Ohio State's senior vice president for student life Dr. Melissa S. Shivers wrote in the safety message. "Contaminated drugs can result in a severe and unexpected reaction, including death, from only one use."

If nobody had answered the door, LE would have contacted the fire dept. because carbon monoxide poisoning would have been a possibility.
RSBM.

If I was the girlfriend, and if I didn't know my bf to be doing drugs, and ESPECIALLY once I knew he wasn't the only one missing, carbon monoxide would be my very first thought.

MOO

RSBM.

If I was the girlfriend, and if I didn't know my bf to be doing drugs, and ESPECIALLY once I knew he wasn't the only one missing, carbon monoxide would be my very first thought.

MOO
going into a house with CO is dangerous BTW... first responders can die doing that if they do not have supplied air.... FWIW I think she was full of adrenaline and dread when she went into the basement, IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

My guess is these men were probably after a coke high. But some people taking adulterated drugs have turned to street drugs because of the clamp down on legal drugs. Even people with cancer can't always get what they need these days.

Supposedly the toxicology tests haven't been fully completed yet. When they are, will it be possible to know how long each drug (cocaine, THC, & fentanyl) was in their systems in say, the 10 hours before they died?
MOO

I doubt we'll know all the details. What if they find norfentanyl (the metabolite of fentanyl) and fentanyl? This leaves field for the interpretation. Could they have used tainted coke before the game, and that fentanyl got metabolized? That would be norfentanyl. However, the "snorted before the demise" portion didn't have the time to get metabolized, so there would be fentanyl.
Alternatively, if they were habitual opiate users, there would be the same combination found, norfentanyl+fentanyl. I think there are ways to find out, whether it was accidental or the result of habitual use, but ultimately, it doesn't matter. They didn't plan to end their lives this way. Victims of opiate epidemic. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiancee. Not Cuffed? Not Arrested?

@LadyL IDK why not but thought of some possibilities.

Why did we not SEE Fiancee in CUFFS?
1. Altho we/gen. public did not SEE her in CUFFS, does not mean that LE did not cuff her. Means MSM & soc media, & neighbors' surv system cams or Ring type cams do not have VID or still pix showing Fiancee in cuffs, or conceivably one of above has vid of her in cuffs but has not RELEASED it (yet). Doubtful, imo.
1a. Conceivably LE body-worn cam or DASH CAM recorded her in cuffs. If so, imo LE is not likely to publicly release while investigation is open.
2. After verifying existense of a dead body at scene, conceivably LE assessed Fiancee as a compliant witness (re having seen a dead body) and placed her in patrol car to detain her, but not cuff her.
3. Maybe LE did not cuff her at all, not at scene, not later. IDK.

IF ^ post is asking why Fiancee was not ARRESTED.
1. In some circumstances LEs have a lot of discretion.
LE does not and cannot make an arrest on every crime they suspect, not even if a person tells LE of their own actions which are a crime.
And IF at the scene LE asks the person (like JW, considered a victim to the B & E who would be a complaining witness), IF he wants to press charges, and IF he tells LE no, an arrest may not be made. Not saying this is what happened. Maybe LE did not mention B & E. IDK.
2. At the scene Tuesday night, more conceivable imo, is that LE (either consciously or unconsciously) BALANCED the importance of dealing w the three dead bodies there (possibly homicides?) against a breaking & entering arrest and decided to focus on the bodies.

And then a possible B & E arrest went by the wayside. IDK.

yes ty my post was mostly rhetorical
I have no doubt if she had been arrested or just cuffed, we would have heard about it by now, especially in the early days when the families were so angry
and I have no doubt the cops were more worried about three bodies in a backyard than how someone got in the house

Last edited:
Only if you're on the same plan OR have their sign-in for Apple. Many (most?) couples share a phone plan and even an apple ID.

People tend to try and believe ordinary explanations for behavior such as "SO isn't answering phone." I would tell myself that SO had forgotten his phone, was probably at one of the trio of friend's houses, and sleeping it off. But, by Monday night, I'd be calling everyone and would have found out that none of the three had returned home.

As for the FindMy app, some people are on plans with their parents, so it might be necessary to contact them.

OTOH, perhaps no app at all was used and it was only the words of 5th Guy who led AM to JW's door.

We also don't know this couple's relationship (or even if they actually lived together).

IMO.

I read they were together for 20 years and Clayton actually posted a picture of them together when they were young like 15 - still no guarantee I know but I think they probably lived together.

'What matters is that he didn't take that to die... It just means that there's more to the story, there's more to it than just that,' the grieving mother told Chris Cuomo when asked about the report. 'He didn't take that to die. if he took the drugs on his own, he took them to get high.'

Jon Harrington, on his part, said the toxicology reports don't fully explain the tragedy, adding that 'somebody gave them something that would kill them.'

'We keep getting answers that [police] are still investigating, so, there's something there that they're saying "maybe that's not right,"' Theresa added.

I must not be understanding how that app works. Can someone using it find the location of anyone's phone? No prior set up needed?

If the phone app showed the phone in the house I guess she could have thought he was sleeping it off all day Monday. If she knew it was in the backyard though....
MOO
You have to go into the app and give permission to someone to be able to see you.

It’s reliable to a point, but when my fiancé and I looked at it I was inside the house and it showed me as being in the backyard.

“Both KCPD Detectives and the Platte County Prosecutor’s Office have been in touch with the deceased men’s families and remain in contact with them as the investigation unfolds.”

*eta:
Jon Harrington told NewsNation that he didn’t know if his son brought the drugs to Willis’s house with him but his “thinking” is that the men “got them there.”

She said her son “wasn’t a drug addict or anything like that,” adding that “peer pressure” probably led him to take the drugs.

'What matters is that he didn't take that to die... It just means that there's more to the story, there's more to it than just that,' the grieving mother told Chris Cuomo when asked about the report. 'He didn't take that to die. if he took the drugs on his own, he took them to get high.'

Jon Harrington, on his part, said the toxicology reports don't fully explain the tragedy, adding that 'somebody gave them something that would kill them.'

'We keep getting answers that [police] are still investigating, so, there's something there that they're saying "maybe that's not right,"' Theresa added.
I don't know if it's just me being cynical, but it feels like Cuomo is trying to encourage them to blame JW?

“Both KCPD Detectives and the Platte County Prosecutor’s Office have been in touch with the deceased men’s families and remain in contact with them as the investigation unfolds.”

*eta:
Jon Harrington told NewsNation that he didn’t know if his son brought the drugs to Willis’s house with him but his “thinking” is that the men “got them there.”

She said her son “wasn’t a drug addict or anything like that,” adding that “peer pressure” probably led him to take the drugs.
"peer pressure" at almost 40 years old? <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:

*eta:

Harrington was a 37-year old man.
What peer pressure??

I feel like these poor parents are having a hard time accepting the circumstances. Very sad all around.

Some group ODs are not investigated at all, this one has gotten much more press, interestingly.

We don't know JW's blood levels at the time he was approached by police, correct? I feel like this is as simple as:
All the men drink alcohol, and maybe smoke weed.
JW doesn't do coke, so after he fell asleep his friends broke out the baggie of coke for themselves.

*eta:

While we tend to think of peer pressure as occurring during childhood and adolescence only, it could happen at other times. But the three dead nearly middle-aged men were reportedly close friends for decades. That's not the sort of situation that typically would elicit much peer pressure. Peer pressure usually arises from a fear of rejection by peers (especially a group perceived as higher status in some way) and a desire to fit in with the group. The parents are struggling I'm sure and frequently being interviewed probably won't help in the long run. I also suspect the legal outcome they seem to expect won't occur. MOO

Who first publicly stated - tox results show cocaine, THC, & fentanyl?*
Did that come from Med. Examiner's ofc?
Speaking directly to MSM?

Or were tox results relayed from M/E to LE & Prosecutor to Families, who then spoke to MSM?

In same paragraph of same article:
"A family member told one reporter the men tested Level 30 for fentanyl, triple the amount needed to kill them."
That phrasing ("family member" and "one reporter") implies the "triple amount" info came from a different family and was not part of the CC interview on NN.

OTOH, considering the source, DM, maybe I should just look at the pix.
Sigh.

"appeared on... NewsNation show to react to the trio's toxicology reports - which suggested traces of cocaine, THC and fentanyl, according to TMZ and NewsNation. A family member told one reporter the men tested Level 30 for fentanyl, triple the amount needed to kill them."

I feel absolutely horrible for the men's family members but at this point, I'm just not sure what their "angle" is particularly media wise. These are grown men, known to party by drinking and using drugs which was their choice. Most likely they had not knowingly used fentanyl or drugs laced with it in the past but again we do not even know that and are just assuming for the most part. With myself being right around that age as well, I personally don't think they would have been knowingly experimenting with fen but that is just a hunch based on their current life situations (having 3 children, wedding coming up etc)

Their families seem to be in somewhat denial about the situation and their accountability, and understandably so to a certain extent but I just don't understand what they want with all of the "there is more to the story" comments. Is there? Or did three grown men make a poor choice that ended horribly and that is the story?

Of course, where they got it from is important to them but at the same time, I don't feel that "blaming" whoever sold/gave them the drugs is going to change anything or make them feel better. It would be great to figure out who the dealer was as it is criminal, was clearly lethal and that person should be held accountable as the supplier but users always know there is a risk. I wonder if anyone else who purchased/partook from that batch OD'd.

All three men were almost 40 year old adults and made a decision that night they'd probably made many times before that ended up just fine which was what they were expecting that night as well. Unfortunately, this is the risk you take with drugs, especially these days, but I dont believe these men were peer pressured or tricked into taking what turned out to be fatal for them all or that there is anyone to "blame" here. If whoever sold/gave it to them knew it had fentanyl and did not tell them it did that is not right by any means but these days you know taking drugs from anyone is a gamble no matter what and certainly one I'd not be willing to take anymore MOO. Hopefully, with this story garnering so much media attention, this will scare the bejesus out of anyone wanting to take drugs for "fun" anymore.

Taking drugs is risk taking behavior. The mother said, 'He didn't take that to die. if he took the drugs on his own, he took them to get high.'

If “he took them to get high” there is always a risk of death.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitriawastuti
Back