Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Was it not reported earlier in the Media,few weeks ago Court had been delayed? I could be wrong

Was it not reported earlier in the Media,few weeks ago Court had been delayed? I could be wrong
My understanding, from what was reported, is that the postponement did not include the separate guilty assault plea of the FM .... in relation to the young <modsnip - gender of the child is prohibited per the suppression order> in her care.

New twist in William Tyrrell case
“This means the NSW Coroner's probe into Australia's greatest missing child mystery will be postponed until August before two weeks of hearings in November and December.”

Last edited by a moderator:

A magistrate has dismissed a slew of domestic violence allegations facing William Tyrell's former foster parents, while upholding counts of intimidation against each.

paywalled

The former foster father of William Tyrrell has been found guilty of intimidating a different child, but cleared of allegations that child was assaulted.

William's former foster mother was also found to have intimidated the child on two occasions.

The magistrate found there was a defence of lawful correction, as the physical force used was reasonable given factors including the child's age, health, maturity and misbehaviour.

A magistrate has dismissed a slew of domestic violence allegations facing William Tyrell's former foster parents, while upholding counts of intimidation against each.

paywalled
From this article …

Threats to slap the child made by the mother on two occasions were upheld by Magistrate Susan McIntyre as threats of intimidation.

The former foster father was found guilty of intimidation on one occasion while driving the child to school, during which the child was heard "crying and sobbing", the court was told.

The former foster mother also earlier pleaded guilty to assaulting the child on two occasions in January and October 2021, striking her with a wooden spoon and kicking her on the thigh while she was sitting on the floor during a timeout.

A sentence date for the pair, who can not be legally identified, has been set for March 27.

So FM has 2 counts of assault and 2 counts of intimidation … and FF has one count of intimidation, with sentencing next week …

From this article …

Threats to slap the child made by the mother on two occasions were upheld by Magistrate Susan McIntyre as threats of intimidation.

The former foster father was found guilty of intimidation on one occasion while driving the child to school, during which the child was heard "crying and sobbing", the court was told.

The former foster mother also earlier pleaded guilty to assaulting the child on two occasions in January and October 2021, striking her with a wooden spoon and kicking her on the thigh while she was sitting on the floor during a timeout.

A sentence date for the pair, who can not be legally identified, has been set for March 27.

So FM has 2 counts of assault and 2 counts of intimidation … and FF has one count of intimidation, with sentencing next week …
No counts of assault for either. 2 counts of intimidation for FM and 1 for FF. I wouldn’t expect any jail time for that

No counts of assault for either.
Yes there are still 2 guilty pleas for assault …..

From Dr Sleuths link…
BBM
These charges are still part of this current court case ….

Yes there are still 2 guilty pleas for assault …..

From Dr Sleuths link…

BBM
These charges are still part of this current court case ….
wow! so all the other recorded abuse of the little <modsnip - gender of the child can't be posted per the suppression order> didnt matter?

There are more details here….

How is this not a slap in the face for every child behind closed doors?

Extreme "parenting". Too far over the line.

Really leaves a picture of what Wm must have endured and makes me double question how he died. Extreme "parenting". Desperate cover up?

At this point, I'm sadly adjusting my hope for justice.

And I'll hold onto this tiny bit of justice -- if Wm died as a result of "parenting", I hope Wm got one good bite in.

Baby gets the last word.

JMO

(paraphrased)

Homicide squad members totaling 5 attended the court hearing.

Listening devices were placed in the FP's home over a period of 14 months producing some 1,000 hours of audio.

(paywalled)

This whole thing upsets me beyond words. Anyone who can treat children the way these two have and end up with a child “missing “ are typically the ones who are responsible for their disappearance imo. Idk how anyone can think how they treated & berated the other foster children didn’t affect what may have happened to William that fateful day. Moo

Can anyone explain yo me how FM pleaded guilty to assault and now it seems like those charges are dropped? I don't understand!
There's to be a sentencing hearing. She will be sentenced for the crimes for which she was found guilty and the crimes to which she pleaded guilty. (I don't mean prison necessarily.)

It is such a pity that it's dragging on for as long as it is for this couple. IMO

I wonder if this process has been frustrating for them.IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul