Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

The court heard that counsel assisting the coroner was also awaiting a report from the Officer in Charge of the investigation as to the steps taken by detectives following the adjournment of the inquest in October 2020.

Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame on Friday also granted leave to lawyers for the NSW Police Commissioner to appear before the inquest, which is likely to examine police standard operating procedure in relation to missing persons. [bbm]

(The Coroner's comments on those procedures will be of great interest. I'm sure that Police will respond that it's all changed since.)

The court heard that counsel assisting the coroner was also awaiting a report from the Officer in Charge of the investigation as to the steps taken by detectives following the adjournment of the inquest in October 2020.

Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame on Friday also granted leave to lawyers for the NSW Police Commissioner to appear before the inquest, which is likely to examine police standard operating procedure in relation to missing persons. [bbm]

(The Coroner's comments on those procedures will be of great interest. I'm sure that Police will respond that it's all changed since.)

I think this is a good thing IMO

But, expect lots of objections from the NSWPF lawyers with info being released etc

Objection : Police methodology!

The contents from this article has a couple of differences, so thought I'd share.
It contains similar statements from Gerard Craddock SC but adds that the coroner can't proceed until updates are finalised, including a statement from the officer in charge about steps taken since the adjournment.
Gerard Craddock SC also indicates a focus on examining whether current police procedures for missing children are best practice. So it highlights that the inquest will specifically probe police procedures for dealing with missing children.

This breaks my heart, I can’t imagine what it must be like for William’s family members.
It’s going on 10 years and still answers from the police investigation regards his disappearance, and constant delays & rescheduling of the Inquest - honestly I’d struggle to maintain a balance.

William Tyrrell's parents: The full NSW Police interview_April 17, 2015​

Just going back to this Police interview dated 17th April, 2015, which is 7 months after the disappearance. Not sure if this is when it was released or if it is the date of the actual interview, but either way the foster parents seem to flip between talking about William in both past tense and present tense. Towards the end foster Mum also pleads that "...if he is alive, I want him to be safe....." So if she is actually entertaining the idea that he is alive then the previous comments in past tense, for example around the 5 minute mark of video, seem a little off. She seems to stumble saying "was" then flipping to "is." I understand that this could happen as they are talking about the past but they are saying he wasn't like that rather than he isn't like that.
I also find it interesting at the 3:15 min mark and onwards, where foster mother describes what happened when she realised William was missing. She very quickly describes it as a big mystery to where he could be and that she had the feeling that someone just put their hands on him and picked him up and took him away. Well my son went missing at the same age and in a similar situation and my reactions and recount of the situation was very different. He had gone wandering into the bush with another little boy and they were located about 40mins later. We did not call Police, we did not assume they were abducted, we just looked desperately high and low for them until we did find them safe and well. Not the same situation as there were 2 children but still the same panic and shock. I feel like she may be describing finding him herself then just picking him up and removing him. Perhaps she was telling a version of the story that lined up with what she did.

William Tyrrell's parents: The full NSW Police interview_April 17, 2015​

Just going back to this Police interview dated 17th April, 2015, which is 7 months after the disappearance. Not sure if this is when it was released or if it is the date of the actual interview, but either way the foster parents seem to flip between talking about William in both past tense and present tense. Towards the end foster Mum also pleads that "...if he is alive, I want him to be safe....." So if she is actually entertaining the idea that he is alive then the previous comments in past tense, for example around the 5 minute mark of video, seem a little off. She seems to stumble saying "was" then flipping to "is." I understand that this could happen as they are talking about the past but they are saying he wasn't like that rather than he isn't like that.
I also find it interesting at the 3:15 min mark and onwards, where foster mother describes what happened when she realised William was missing. She very quickly describes it as a big mystery to where he could be and that she had the feeling that someone just put their hands on him and picked him up and took him away. Well my son went missing at the same age and in a similar situation and my reactions and recount of the situation was very different. He had gone wandering into the bush with another little boy and they were located about 40mins later. We did not call Police, we did not assume they were abducted, we just looked desperately high and low for them until we did find them safe and well. Not the same situation as there were 2 children but still the same panic and shock. I feel like she may be describing finding him herself then just picking him up and removing him. Perhaps she was telling a version of the story that lined up with what she did.
Thank you for telling your story, and such a relief for you to have located your youngsters 40 minutes later.

In relation to your comment: "Perhaps she was telling a version of the story that lined up with what she did.", The Rosann Detectives would no doubt agree with you, and have now recommended to the DPP that the Foster Mother be charged with 'Perverting the course of justice' and 'Interfering with a corpse'! MOO

Upcoming Hearing (22 March 2024) as follows:

"Magistrate McIntyre adjourned Monday's case until March 22, and continued an Apprehended Violence Order in place protecting the young <modsnip - gender of the child can't be posted per the suppression order> to continue."
William Tyrrell foster father's claim about vile words to child

Last edited by a moderator:
Next Friday, bring it on.
I sure wish these “attacks” on their foster children were known way before William “vanished “. Things wouldn’t have evolved the way they did and William would still be alive today imo. I wasn’t sure what happened until I heard how they treated the foster <mod note - child> IMO the mother knows exactly what happened. This is the most important case I follow. I like all of the rest of the people in the world want William found so he can be laid to rest and get the he deserves Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back