Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

This whole thing upsets me beyond words. Anyone who can treat children the way these two have and end up with a child “missing “ are typically the ones who are responsible for their disappearance imo. Idk how anyone can think how they treated & berated the other foster children didn’t affect what may have happened to William that fateful day. Moo
YEP.

There's to be a sentencing hearing. She will be sentenced for the crimes for which she was found guilty and the crimes to which she pleaded guilty. (I don't mean prison necessarily.)
I’ll go out on a limb and say there’ll certainly be no jail time. … a slap on the wrist and we’ll move on I expect, imo.

I wonder why the Foster Mothers previous supporters that were often seen accompanying her to court weren't sited there supporting her??? only her legal team. IMO

They must have been too busy that's a shame?? JMO
I believe they’re busy with their new ‘advocacy’ business - for victims of crimes- such as FM

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll go out on a limb and say there’ll certainly be no jail time. … a slap on the wrist and we’ll move on I expect, imo.
IMO that’s exactly what’s going to happen. No justice for William, not yet. I’ll always have a glimmer of hope justice will prevail. He surely deserves it. I hold out hope karma’s coming for whoever is responsible. Where are you William?

There's to be a sentencing hearing. She will be sentenced for the crimes for which she was found guilty and the crimes to which she pleaded guilty. (I don't mean prison necessarily.)

I have always thought that the FM will probably be sentenced with a CCO.
The offending is on the low scale of offending against a child. If they locked up everyone who got into fraught situations in their domestic life, we would be building more low-security prisons.

imo

i find it disturbing society accepts "levels" of abuse, low to high, its all abuse, none of its acceptable

I don't know that society accepts it ... it is the court that gauges the level. For sentencing purposes.

The magistrate in the first hearing gauged the level, as far as a court goes. And said that if he had to sentence, that day, it would be a CCO. Likely because of the abuse cases that they see only a daily basis.

If a person is convicted of dangerous driving in their car, and another person is convicted of vehicular homicide, those people won't both get the same kind of penalty. Even though they both broke serious laws with their vehicle.

imo

Last edited:
From this article …

Threats to slap the child made by the mother on two occasions were upheld by Magistrate Susan McIntyre as threats of intimidation.

The former foster father was found guilty of intimidation on one occasion while driving the child to school, during which the child was heard "crying and sobbing", the court was told.

The former foster mother also earlier pleaded guilty to assaulting the child on two occasions in January and October 2021, striking her with a wooden spoon and kicking her on the thigh while she was sitting on the floor during a timeout.

A sentence date for the pair, who can not be legally identified, has been set for March 27.

So FM has 2 counts of assault and 2 counts of intimidation … and FF has one count of intimidation, with sentencing next week …
Both foster parents names are suppressed, they have been very well protected! They are both due to be sentenced on Wednesday 27th March. Could one assume it will again be heard in Downing Centre court? I assume it would be.

Both foster parents names are suppressed, they have been very well protected! They are both due to be sentenced on Wednesday 27th March. Could one assume it will again be heard in Downing Centre court? I assume it would be.
It’s my belief that Magistrate McIntyre has now moved to the Downing Centre.

Lawyers for the woman argued her actions did not constitute a pattern of violence and that she is "distraught and remorseful" for her actions, which the magistrate accepted.

IMO money money money....must be funny....in a rich man's world......

:oops:
They both have top lawyers, no doubt about that. The magistrate in this case is switched on though IMO.

Not everything that occurs in court is reported on and there is so much detail lacking in the latest round of media reporting. One key detail missing is that over time, Magistrate McIntyre listened to <modsnip: no source link> hours of recordings. <modsnip> What a tedious and painstaking task. Her diligence was possibly unexpected.
She did not rely only on the recordings presented in court and what was noted in the transcripts of the recordings. She listened to all of the surveillance, including listening to some sections repeatedly to ensure she had a very clear picture.
The magistrate has context and insight into what was going on in that household over a long period of time. IMO.

They both have top lawyers, no doubt about that. The magistrate in this case is switched on though IMO.

Not everything that occurs in court is reported on and there is so much detail lacking in the latest round of media reporting. One key detail missing is that over time, Magistrate McIntyre listened to <modsnip: no source link> hours of recordings. What a tedious and painstaking task. Her diligence was possibly unexpected.
She did not rely only on the recordings presented in court and what was noted in the transcripts of the recordings. She listened to all of the surveillance, including listening to some sections repeatedly to ensure she had a very clear picture.
The magistrate has context and insight into what was going on in that household over a long period of time. IMO.
Wow, can’t say lm surprised. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped> hours and not a thing about William. Well done to the magistrate for being thorough

Not everything that occurs in court is reported on and there is so much detail lacking in the latest round of media reporting. One key detail missing is that over time, Magistrate McIntyre listened to <modsnip: no source link> hours of recordings. What a tedious and painstaking task. Her diligence was possibly unexpected.
bbm
That would be interesting if the Magistrate did listen to all those hours. Is that known that she did because I would have thought that she only listened to the evidence submitted by the prosecution, directly related to the charges. IMO

bbm
That would be interesting if the Magistrate did listen to all those hours. Is that known that she did because I would have thought that she only listened to the evidence submitted by the prosecution, directly related to the charges. IMO
Yes very interesting. I wouldn’t think it would be required but perhaps she found certain events were taken out of context or the transcript may have been incorrect? That may explain why some charges were dismissed? IMO

bbm

The magistrate evidently listened to more than what was presented by the prosecution, however many hours of recordings that was.

However, she was cleared of several other charges of intimidation, pertaining to statements such as "you have no voice until I tell you", with the magistrate finding they were taken out of context.
Within the "wider context" the statements were far less forceful, and more accurately reflected frustrated parents, she said.

The magistrate also seems to have listened to/read the 751 questions (and the answers) asked of the child by the police.

Magistrate McIntyre pointed to a police interview, where officers pulled the child out of class at school to answer 751 questions. During the lengthy examination, the child said the father "had never hurt" them, among other statements.

imo

The magistrate evidently listened to more than what was presented by the prosecution, however many hours of recordings that was.

However, she was cleared of several other charges of intimidation, pertaining to statements such as "you have no voice until I tell you", with the magistrate finding they were taken out of context.
Within the "wider context" the statements were far less forceful, and more accurately reflected frustrated parents, she said.

The magistrate also seems to have listened to/read the 751 questions (and the answers) asked of the child by the police.

Magistrate McIntyre pointed to a police interview, where officers pulled the child out of class at school to answer 751 questions. During the lengthy examination, the child said the father "had never hurt" them, among other statements.

imo
JMO - It is worthwhile doing the calculations to see how many hours of solid questioning must have occurred if the child was asked / and gave answers to 751 questions ... especially if it is anticipated that each one took approx half a minute.

Quite a long time for such a young child of approx 11 yrs of age.

JMO - It is worthwhile doing the calculations to see how many hours of solid questioning must have occurred if the child was asked / and gave answers to 751 questions ... especially if it is anticipated that each one took approx half a minute.

Quite a long time for such a young child of approx 11 yrs of age.

Indeed. I have to wonder how many sessions those 751 questions were asked over, and how many were repeated or the same questions asked in a slightly different way.
As well as how it was conducted. Poor child had to be scared that if she got her foster caregivers in trouble, she'd have nowhere to live. Heavy burden. :)

As well as how it was conducted. Poor child had to be scared that if she got her foster caregivers in trouble, she'd have nowhere to live. Heavy burden. :)

Do we know that the child didn't tell the police (or confirm to the police) about the events in that 751 question interview?

I thought we only knew that she didn't tell the counsellor that she was seeing about the assaults.

imo

Do we know that the child didn't tell the police (or confirm to the police) about the events in that 751 question interview?

I thought we only knew that she didn't tell the counsellor that she was seeing about the assaults.

imo
I wasn't thinking about her answers as much as the pressure she must have felt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back