2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

Is Werter the only source we have that the divorce is on hold? Sorry if this is a dumb question but by looking at the docket it doesn't explain it. I am wondering if Werter is trying to make his client look better by telling that the divorce is on hold? Any thoughts?

LP had no right disclosing the results of Tommy's LDT to Lindsy. She just arrived home from MA and hadn't spoken to Tommy or his lawyer, so now that she has had time to speak with these people, she realizes LP was wrong.

LP had no right disclosing the results of Tommy's LDT to Lindsy. She just arrived home from MA and hadn't spoken to Tommy or his lawyer, so now that she has had time to speak with these people, she realizes LP was wrong.

Hi Bluesky! How do you know that LP told Lyndsy about the lie detector results? So do you feel that Lyndsy felt it was the wrong thing to do to file for divorce so that is why Werter said it was on hold?

I am thinking that Werter is making a legal maneuver, like Dodie said above. I hope that is what is going on anyway because I had hoped that Lyndsy was coming to her senses about Tommy and what is best for her children. JMO

I think it is a financial move only. That fine of Hope's was outrageous.

Is Werter the only source we have that the divorce is on hold? Sorry if this is a dumb question but by looking at the docket it doesn't explain it. I am wondering if Werter is trying to make his client look better by telling that the divorce is on hold? Any thoughts?

That sound about right a lawyer trying to make is client look good.

:waitasec:

I would want to know ASAP. I bet LP paid for that LTD.

I confused LP was wrong about LTD? Is there a link that said that Tommy passed?

Isn't today divorce court for Tommy and Lindsey? anyone know?

UCN: 542010DR000740FDXXXXFile Date: 2010-04-28Disposition Date: File Type: DISSOLUTION - DR02Judge: A W NICHOLS III

Plaintiffs
CROSLIN LINDSY KATE Defendants
CROSLIN HANK DateDocket Description2010-04-28001.CIVIL COVER SHEET 2010-04-28002.PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE 2010-04-30003.SUMMONS ISSUED TO: HANK CROSLIN 2010-04-30004.FILING FEE RECEIPT 2010-05-10005.RTN OF SVC ON HANK CROSLIN SVD 05/03/10 DUE 05/23/10 2010-05-10DEFAULT AVAIL 05/28/10 2010-05-10006.RESPONSE TO SUMMONS : HANK CROSLIN

From NG interview (transcript) May 14, 2010:

GRACE: To James Werter, is it true that your client, Tom Croslin, is seen to be divorced from wife, Lindsay?

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY: No, that divorce action is on hold. Lindsay is giving it second thoughts, so that`s not happening at this time.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/14/ng.01.html

I guess we'll see what happens in a few days. Hopefully she'll ask for the default and go through with it.

Has anyone mentioned this?

IMO LINDSY has filed for divorce because as long as she is married to ToC she cannot get assistance from the state.

I realize ToC has not been convicted of anything yet but if he is... it sounds like the entire family(wife and kids) are disqualified because of him. MOO

Some categories of people are not eligible for food stamps regardless of income or need. Non-citizens without a qualified status and those convicted of drug trafficking are not eligible for food stamp benefits.

Disqualifiers:
Applicants who have been convicted of drug trafficking or have a felony warrant out against them are not eligible for Florida food stamps.

Ineligibility Reasons:

People who are convicted of drug trafficking, who are running away from a felony warrant, who break Food Stamp Program rules on purpose, who are noncitizens without a qualified status, and some students in colleges or universities are not eligible for food stamp benefits.

See Page 2: FOOD STAMPS and TEMPORARY CASH ASSISTANCEhttp://www.hrsa.gov/homeless/pa_materials/nlm/fl_app_for_assist_ess.pdf

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/access/foodstamps.shtml

could be the reason why IMO she'd want a divorce... MOO

Lindsy hasn't been charged, let alone convicted, of drug trafficking, and with Tommy in jail, the State can be assured he's not benefiting from Lindsy's application for public assistance.

Should Lindsy decide to violate the public trust and cash in or trade her assistance to help Tommy, the State has in place procedures which will revoke that assistance, tout suite.

I'm not directing this to any post -- just thinking about my own personal experience. I got divorced about 15 years ago and I can definitely say that I would not have wanted every conversation we had on tape and our divorce was amicable. I'm sure we both said things that could be interpreted totally different than what was actually meant because we knew the whole story.

INFORMATION FOR ALL PROGRAMS

Has anyone in your home been convicted of a drug trafficking felony?
YES NO If yes, WHO: _________________________________________

NOTICE OF PENALTIES
You may be subject to prosecution for knowingly providing incorrect information to receive public assistance benefits.
Food Stamps If you are found guilty (by a state or federal court, or an administrative disqualification hearing, or sign a hearing waiver) of intentionally
making a false or misleading statement, concealing or withholding facts in order to receive or in an attempt to receive food stamps; or committing any act
that violates the Food Stamp Act, food stamp regulations, or any state statute for purposes of using, presenting, transferring, acquiring, receiving, or
possessing food stamp benefits, you will be disqualified. You will be ineligible for food stamps for 12 months for the first violation, 24 months for the
second violation and permanently for the third violation. If you are convicted of trafficking in food stamp benefits, you will be disqualified permanently. If
you are convicted of these acts, depending on the severity, you may be fined up to $250,000, imprisoned for up to 20 years, or both.
If you are convicted by a state or federal court of making a fraudulent statement with respect to identity or residency in order to receive food stamps in
more than one state at the same time, you will be ineligible to participate in the Food Stamp Program for a period of 10 years.
If you are fleeing to avoid prosecution, custody, or confinement, after conviction for a crime or an attempt to commit a crime which is a felony, or are in
violation of probation or parole imposed under a federal or state law, you are ineligible for food stamps. This information may be disclosed to other federal
and state agencies for official examination, and to law enforcement officials for the purpose of apprehending persons fleeing to avoid the law.
If you are found guilty of a drug-trafficking felony, or convicted by a federal, state, or local court of trading firearms, ammunition, or explosives for food
stamps, you are ineligible for food stamps.- Tommy

Temporary Cash Assistance If you intentionally give false information or hide information to receive or continue to receive temporary cash assistance and
are convicted by a state or federal court or by an administrative disqualification hearing, or sign a hearing waiver, you may be disqualified for 12 months for
the first violation, 24 months for the second violation and permanently for the third violation.
If you are found guilty of a drug-trafficking felony, or fleeing to avoid prosecution, custody or confinement, after conviction for a crime or an attempt to
commit a crime which is a felony, or are in violation of probation or parole imposed under a federal or state law, you are ineligible for temporary cash
assistance
. If you are convicted by a state or federal court of making a fraudulent statement with respect to identity or residency in order to receive
temporary cash assistance in more than one state at the same time, you will be ineligible to participate in the temporary cash assistance program for a
period of 10 years-Tommy
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am saying because she is "married with children" to Tommy that she may not qualify or be allotted as much money/assistance as she would if she were a single mother with sole custody...

Tommy charges could throw wrench in the spokes for Lindsy and her kids.

I do know people here in GA that have been denied food stamps... and some that did get them must show up for monthly drug screens and must test negative before their EBT cards are reloaded...
jus a thought that's all.

I don't think we have to worry about Lindsy collecting welfare. I think she had a plan when she decided to become a nurse. She has 3 kids to support and it looks like she is ditching her deadbeat husband and his family. IMO she has a great family who are willing to help her and if she collects a few food stamps or gets some medical help for her kids while she is on the hunt for a job I could care less.

Has anyone in your home been convicted of a drug trafficking felony?

Tommy is no longer in the home with Lindsy and the kids. He's in jail. He didn't live in the home they are living now. I see no problem with Lindsy and the kids getting assistance. Tommy is in jail. When he is released after conviction and serving time, he wouldn't be allowed to live with them, or they forfeit their assistance and face fines. I don't think they would be on assistance for years, maybe for a few months this year, but not long term.

If he's released after trial because he's found not guilty, again, no problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doobietime
Back