TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it COULD be kept quiet, in this 24 hour news, 200 channel, social networking, phone-in-everyones-pocket day and age.
True but he wasn't saying she was found just that her status was known. Two different things.

Is there another mother/family in the community who is devastated and waiting to get word from their son?
They already know who the perp is? But just dont know where he is? Do they have property in the search areas? His last pings came from these area? He is known to hunt or camp in the search area. Is someone (family) doing all they can to help LE find/pinpoint him?
Has he called his mother/family and is that where the tip came from leading LE to the Eaton plant? Did the tipster hear it with her own ears from her son that Holly was alive?
JMO, lots of unanswered questions
Lets pray Holly comes home today!

All very possible. Her moms comments about being relieved were puzzling. I guess in retrospect the only way I'd be relieved is if I heard from her or knew otherwise she was alive?

Trying to catch up - so many posts, and a new thread since yesterday...

Someone in the previous thread was wondering about the scattering of evidence... why that would be done...

If that's still a topic, my though would be it shows a person who once had a run-in with LE and while he may not have record, he is upset with them and wants to have them run around in an effort to make them look foolish...

Grandmaj, nursing school is pretty tough the first months. In Texas, they don't usually encourage the students to have even a part time job, because the last few months they are in clinicals, and those are done at odd shifts, sometimes at night. Plus, they have a lot of studying to do between classes and clinicals. It's pretty hard to work around a job and nursing school, so I'm told.

Plus, in such a small town, in such a lousy economy, there's likely few opportunities. Or maybe Holly helped out in her father's business; that would be flexible enough to accommodate nursing school, studying, hospital duty.

i've followed lots of cases, and never heard of LE finding someone and not notifying the public.

there's no way they could get away with allowing the public to come out to search while they're sitting there with the victim...

Actually I believe they had found sweet lil Kiesha Abrahams body and did not let the public know. They waited for the parents to visit her makeshift grave where they promptly arrested them.

Found Deceased Australia - Kiesha Abrahams, 6, Sydney, 31 July 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Weather is pretty bad and supposed to get worse tonight and the worst tomorrow, so I wouldn't expect the searchers to be back out until Thursday at the earliest.

I'm personally thinking that scattering of the evidence, if done by the perp, was not done to lead anyone in any particular direction or throw anyone off his trail. More than likely, he had all her stuff, and he wanted to lighten his load, and lessen the chance of that stuff leading him into a confrontation with LE. Rather than pull up to a car wash or fast-food restaurant and dump a lunch bag, purse, backpack, books, cell phone, etc. all at once, these items could be scattered in garbage cans, dumpsters, and on the side of the road all over the place.

Just a thought.

Well I think LE will be able to gleen alot of information from Holly's cell phone, if that is what indeed was found. They should be able to look at all calls in and out, texts, possibly pings showing movement of the perp, and we could only hope fingerprints from the person who may have snagged her. Just all Moo of course

I'm personally thinking that scattering of the evidence, if done by the perp, was not done to lead anyone in any particular direction or throw anyone off his trail. More than likely, he had all her stuff, and he wanted to lighten his load, and lessen the chance of that stuff leading him into a confrontation with LE. Rather than pull up to a car wash or fast-food restaurant and dump a lunch bag, purse, backpack, books, cell phone, etc. all at once, these items could be scattered in garbage cans, dumpsters, and on the side of the road all over the place.

Just a thought.

You are probably right, if he knew road blocks were up and LE was checking cars, trucks for evidence of Holly, he would have to get rid of stuff as he drove. If that were the case, I think Holly would then be south of where he was heading.

i've followed lots of cases, and never heard of LE finding someone and not notifying the public.

there's no way they could get away with allowing the public to come out to search while they're sitting there with the victim...

Well, their first concern is to notify the family, if the person can be ID'd right away. And I think in most cases, it's the media who find out and notify the public, since they all have scanners and "eyes and ears" everywhere. But no, I don't think they would want people to be out there still searching if a person had been found yesterday or a few days ago. Unless somebody else is missing from the same area.

All very possible. Her moms comments about being relieved were puzzling. I guess in retrospect the only way I'd be relieved is if I heard from her or knew otherwise she was alive?

Yes, I too found Holly's mothers reaction odd and have found many puzzling aspects to the unanswered questions in this case odd. So, in my opinion the only way I would be relieved is to know someone close to this investigation had proof or was given proof to her status. A phone wouldnt give me security in believing my child was alive.
A scenario I am imagining is lets say this perp was a lifetime school mate of Holly. Maybe the mother even taught him in her class years ago (btw do we know what grade she teaches?) Perhaps the other mother is a teacher also. Perhaps they have had contact through the years because of the children for whatever reason. Well, If Mrs X calls Holly's mother and gives her a message from the son and Mrs X says I heard Holly crying or otherwise??? You get my drift.
Could they have hostage negotiators on scene? What part of LE would provide these services?
JMO
Hope this makes sense

I also think that if Holly was alive and LE knows who this person is I don't think they would risk being so tight lipped about this case.

I also think they would not be taking their precious time in order to find her if in fact she was still alive.

Which leads me to believe LE thinks she is deceased.

Not that anyone cares, but since others have posted their opinions, I'll add mine. As for the item of "significance" - if it made the parents happy, as has been indicated numerous times, I would think it would be some method of communication which indicates Holly is still alive or was alive later than the initial date of the kidnapping. Such items include - a cell phone with usage records, photos, or memos dated after that date OR handwritten or other communication from Holly indicating she is still alive or her whereabouts. The only other thing I can think of that would make me happy as a parent would be an item that helped point to her location or helped ID the perp. In other words, something that confirmed LE or family suspicions of her whereabouts or her abductor. Not sure what that would include.

As a parent, another random item of personal property wouldn't mean much. The key is knowing she would still be alive, who took her, and where she was.

Could it be a photo taken of Holly, on the phone found, dated after she was abducted?
That's the only thing I can see that might give her family hope.
Jewelery; books; purse, etc would only show things were discarded. Not that she was still alive. MOO

What if they were caught on Video, like near the Eaton plant, in a car and they see she is alive but with this guy? Or a cell phone had a video on it of her and it was left for LE to find, to indicate she was alive? Something of that sort maybe?

Maybe whatever they found was some kind of 'ransom note' or communication regarding her status.

Just guessing here. :twocents:

Reminder...

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information
Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:
“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

i have never heard of a case where le had found a victim, or knew the status of a victim, and did not immediately alert the public. that said, i'm wondering if anyone knows whether le is legally bound to do so or if, in order to retain the public's assistance in searching for evidence etc....they have the right to withhold that information?

i have a hard time imagining that would fly in the us of a......anyone else?

Maybe whatever they found was some kind of 'ransom note' or communication regarding her status.

Just guessing here. :twocents:

Well you bring up an interesting direction that I don't think has been talked about. Kidnappings for ransom are not that common. Usually its faked like in the Jonbenet Ramsey case. I don't know of a lot of real American kidnapping for ransoms since perhaps the Lindberg Baby and Leopold and Loeb in the 1930s. But some sort of contact between the abductor and LE and/or the family could account for the silence in the case. Possibly the move to put such a huge amount of money into the reward fund could be an attempt to counter the amount of money demanded in a kidnapping. Normally I do not subscribe to wild theories and suppositions... but after two weeks of no news its something to at least entertain. Perhaps there is more behind the scenes work being done?

I think it is a perp or perps in their early 20's and could it be a parent is helping them cover? I also think that LE knows who it is which is why they remain so tight lipped. IMO

My thoughts, exactly!

I also wonder if there are any guys in this age range who have suddenly lawyered up? As small as this town is, if a perp found himself to be the topic of conversation in the coffee shop (and I don't mean Starbucks! LOL) I would expect his parents to retain an atty just in case. One would most likely head to Memphis, Jackson, or Nashville for this service.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member