The Use of the Shovel

I still wonder just how long she had the shovel in her possession? Three hours before she returned it to her neighbor? 1/2 an hour? That first needs to be known. Do we know that she borrowed the shovel on the 17th or later? If so, I missed it, which is not surprising. BTW, did LE confiscate the shovel?

I still do not think Casey walked through swamps, mud, water, bugs, etc. to bury or leave Caylee. Either she had help or she placed her in a dumpster or at a landfill somewhere.

There's a part of me that feels Casey wanted to punish her parents with taking away the one person whom they love. Casey may have been very jealous of the love and adoration Caylee has received in addition to preventing her from enjoying her social life. Just my opinion, of course.

If I needed to break into my shed, a shovel would not be the first tool on my mind to use for this. Her car was there, she should have a jack and a tire iron which usually has a pry bar end on it. Why not use that to break in with? it would have been easier and she wouldn't have had to borrow anything.

The shovel confuses me. If she could break into the shed why borrow a shovel? Why not just use their shovel?

As far as the shovel use goes, if she dug up roots wouldn't the GPs have noticed that she dug around in the back yard? Why not just say "Yes she borrowed a shovel to dig up roots and here is the exact spot where she did it?

The only thing ever mentioned that was dug up in the yard was the bush/tree/whatever that both Anthonys agree was moved. If she did bury Caylee in the backyard temporarily that makes both her statements and her parents statements suspect IMO.

When did the grandparents first lock the shed? If Caylee had an accident (drowning?) on the 15 or 16th and Casey had access to the shed and tools and buried Caylee in a very shallow grave under the playhouse. Then on the 18th she panicked, went to the house to dig up Caylee and the shed is locked! So she borrows a shovel from neighbor and it doesn't take long because Caylee is buried so shallow. She then puts her in the trunk and drives around for a few days. Thus the decomp smell.

This is the best explanation of why the dogs hit in the back yard.
--------------------
This expanded my thinking on the events.

Could she have borrowed the shovel to dig the hiding place, placed Caylee's body into the very shallow hole; then realized despite feeling she had superhuman strength because of drug use, that she couldn't do it the way she wanted, then she puts Caylee's body back in the trunk.

I think she may have borrowed the shovel to try and bury her in the backyard. She then found how hard it is to actually dig so she left her in the sandbox for awhile (wasn't there a hit on the sandbox?). I am not trying to be graphic here, but my husband does actually work in a cemetery and sometimes has to dig a small grave by hand. Even on the best days its a lot of hard work and will take him quite some time-and he is use to doing hard work. Casey would not have been able to dig for very long-if at all. That's why I belive she had help later on to dispose of Caylee or she actually decided to use the dumpster.

She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?

The sheds had been burglarized previously...Maybe locks were placed o them then.

That's why I think on that Monday, after George left for work or sent Casey on her way...She realized she had now been locked out of the home. This is what started the flurry of phone calls & no one answering her.

IMO the neighbor cannot say for sure which day Casey borrowed the shovel.

It was probably used for many reasons.

maybe she tried to put her in the sandbox but realized it wouldn't work.

Could it be that she was so deranged that she wanted to bury Caylee in the backyard like someone would do with a pet that had died?

I have a question and I know that this does not really pertain to the shovel completely but....When CA got pizzed at TM about the searches, was this when they were searching a neighbors yard or before?

Wondering if TES searching by the airport is what has her all riled up or was it the search in her own neighborhood.

Maybe Caylee is a lot closer than anyone thinks. Sorry but I am suspicious of the GPs at this point and feel that they know a whole lot more than they are saying.

If she did use it to bury Caylee in the yard, I don't think it was premeditated. If she had thought it through even a bit, she would have thought about where she was going to put her body. I can't see her parents back yard being a choice. If the dogs were accurate in the yard, then she most likely used it to bury Caylee, then moved her. It's hard to know without knowing if any kind of evidence came off of the shovel.

I think so. too. Someplace easy and temporary..Like maybe just shoveling the contents of the covered sandbox over her.

If she did bury Caylee in the backyard, which I don't buy, then it definitely wasn't under the playhouse. That particular play house has a solid bottom and weighs 197 pounds. She only had the shovel for 45 minutes-1 hour. That is not enough time for her to bury Caylee. IMO. I think she was either breaking the lock or digging something up.

Could it be that she was so deranged that she wanted to bury Caylee in the backyard like someone would do with a pet that had died?
--------------------
or, she wanted to make it look like she was crazy and would do this. I agree with the sandbox use as well as those above.

Deputy Andy, I have no idea what the hell she used the shovel for. I look back when I was her age.....I've alway's been a very strong woman, you know with muscles, and using that shovel to dig a hole takes a WHOLE lot of strength! AND WHY would you bury someone in a hole in the ground when you could put a dead body away in a dumpster, or a swamp.....?

I'm' going with dumpster because my simple mind say's that's easier.

Now I have my 11 yr. old grandson, who wants to be a Forensic Scientist and is interested in the case. Yesterday, he told me he will work on this case and he was very serious! Took a pad and was writing down clues. :D

He is by the way, very bright, looks like Harry Potter, a real nerd. I adore him. IF he come's up with any GOOD clues I'll let you know!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I already love your grandson. :blowkiss:

First of all, LP said the other night (when I asked) that the shovel and gas were not important at all. I, personally, find that hard to believe but that's what LP said.

Second, it's been awhile since I've lived in FL but everywhere I ever dug in the Orlando area had a loose sandy loam that was easy to dig to a depth of about two feet where it started getting wetter and denser (and I am NOT a strong person) I was very similar built to CA at the same age). She could have EASILY dug a shallow grave.

I still wonder just how long she had the shovel in her possession? Three hours before she returned it to her neighbor? 1/2 an hour? That first needs to be known. Do we know that she borrowed the shovel on the 17th or later? If so, I missed it, which is not surprising. BTW, did LE confiscate the shovel?

I still do not think Casey walked through swamps, mud, water, bugs, etc. to bury or leave Caylee. Either she had help or she placed her in a dumpster or at a landfill somewhere.

There's a part of me that feels Casey wanted to punish her parents with taking away the one person whom they love. Casey may have been very jealous of the love and adoration Caylee has received in addition to preventing her from enjoying her social life. Just my opinion, of course.

He was suspicious. He went to the cops. He said she had it on the 18th, for about an hour.

Cindy said, on her MySpace, that KC was jealous.

First of all, LP said the other night (when I asked) that the shovel and gas were not important at all. I, personally, find that hard to believe but that's what LP said.

Second, it's been awhile since I've lived in FL but everywhere I ever dug in the Orlando area had a loose sandy loam that was easy to dig to a depth of about two feet where it started getting wetter and denser (and I am NOT a strong person) I was very similar built to CA at the same age). She could have EASILY dug a shallow grave.

LP can't even make up his mind whether Casey talked to him or not. I don't rightly care whether he thinks soemthing is important or not. He put up $500,000 on the belief that Zenaida existed.

And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

But we didn't know that before being told and I GUARANTEE neither did Casey... she's demonstrated that she's not the brightest bulb in the box so far...

Hmm...I know this has been discussed before but I think it bears rehashing...

During CA's first interview with Greta where she gave a tour of the house, she most definitely said that Casey borrowed the shovel "to clear out bamboo". Of course we all know that to be BS, for a variety of reasons...

We now know that Casey had been staying with her various BFs and had not been staying at her parents house since the "blow-up" on 6/15, we can further poke holes into CA's truthfulness. The way CA so matter-of-factly explained Casey's borrowing of the shovel, as if it were something that happened regularly...geez where I am going with this? We know CA creates convenient truths.

I guess my point is, will all these CA fabrications come back to haunt her in a court of law? To the extent that she, too, will be prosecuted for lying to LE?

Thoughts?

But we didn't know that before being told and I GUARANTEE neither did Casey... she's demonstrated that she's not the brightest bulb in the box so far...
-----------------------
Yes, I can picture her trying to figure out all of these methods all the while assuring herself that it wasn't her fault, that Caylee is dead, her spirit is in heaven and she is just disposing of a body.

I agree. I think she wanted to keep Caylee close and then realized the body might be found.

During CA's first interview with Greta where she gave a tour of the house, she most definitely said that Casey borrowed the shovel "to clear out bamboo". Of course we all know that to be BS, for a variety of reasons...

True, what was never explained was why she could get into the sheds to steal the gas but not to use their own shovel to clear out the bamboo.

I think that she did use the neighbor's shovel mostly to break into the sheds. It should still be tested "just in case" and I think that all of the shovels in their own sheds tested too. I'm sure she used something for a shallow grave.

As for the playhouse being too large to pick up by herself, I pick up my kids' all the time. Mostly by scooting it but I can pick up a corner to lift it over any impediments in my lawn. Having a solid bottom only helps to mash down the offending soil preventing it from appearing disturbed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back